ruin and bbq carry games for killers, change my mind

i mean, it happens way too often that whenever ruin isnt destroyed in 10 secs no gens will be done in like 10 minutes , and bbq is just ... why would you let killers know where everyone orwhat is being done? it just kills stealth and loops are anything but reliable anymore, what are survivors supposed to do, just die?

ps: i know both can easily be countered and i myself do it all the time but it feels as tho NOBODY else knows/doesnt want to do anything about it, and its so bad because even in red ranks most ppl doesnt know or bother doing anything when this perks are in the game (which is all the time)

Comments

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

well my teammates seem to not bother using it against the killer so my point stands

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

Ehhhhh nope gotta show me a pic mate, not taking your words, but even then, ranks don't matter when half of them are boosted from swf and all they do is search for ruin and get themselves killed, no one care enough to learn to hit great skill checks

• CoffengMin

thing is its the perks what makes the behave like this , more ruin than bbq

• CoffengMin

i cant be bothered to take a pic on my ps4 so believe what you will,my point stands

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Play more killer before making these statements. In another thread you said you only play basement bubba at low ranks. No one will take you seriously, you are biased and clueless.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Just do gens. Ruin will slow you down a little bit but not by much, especially if you hit great skill checks.

Also you should watch a game with actual rank 1 survivors. 3 gens will pop first chase like Ruin doesn't even exist. I've had games as killer and survivor were 4 gens were done in 2 minutes with Ruin up the entire time.

And BBQ is easy AF to dodge. It's to the point that I don't even bother to dodge it anymore, I just let the killer see me to bait them to come find me. If they don't, I can just do whatever I want. If they do I just hide and make them waste time searching for me.

As killer I find survivors mostly by using my eyes and ears. BBQ will give me a heading but I'm not relying on it to point me directly to a survivor unless then are sitting at 41m. At this point, it's more for the BP boost than anything.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Wait, so you know that no one cares to counter B&C, but it's the Perk's fault?

That's not carrying the Killer, that's letting the Killer take advantage of your lack of care.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited July 2019

Ruin is faster to work though most of the time. The regression isn't much and it's highly rng dependent with skill checks.

If survivors don't find ruin and take a long time to do gens it's just doing what the perk should. Slowing the game down giving the killer more time.

BBQ is good but it's usefulness is really in a survivors hands due to lockers blocking the aura. I just use it for extra bloodpoints after the change.

Most good perks help someone with how well they do in game it's what perks are designed to do afterall.

• CoffengMin

i dont play killers cuz im bad at it, but ive been against not so good killers that still got a 4/3k cause of these perks mostly

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I only use BBQ for bloodpoints.

Rly, I forget every time that this perk has an aura effect.

It just doesnt fit my playstyle.

But other perks that would fit my playstyle are just trash.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,333

@CoffengMin Couldnt you just equip BBQ and ruin to get those easy 4ks though? If the perks are carrying, then your skills as a killer shouldn't matter.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

I disagree, they're good perks but they don't carry. Only perk imo with carry potential is NOED.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

Dude, I'm sorry but you're lying. BBQ & ruin don't carry killers. I can destroy you right now on ps4 and I won't use either.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Every perk carries survivor and killers.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

So, what I have gathered so far, is that you don't have the "time" to take a pic of your Survivor Rank and killer rank, and it looks like you play Survivor more, but when you play killer, you completely suck, and you have use bubbles basement in the low ranks, which is indicating to me that your killer rank is not very high, which also indicates to me that since you don't play killer a lot and suck at it, you don't even know how to go against most of them or learn how they work so you can learn yourself as Survivor counter their abilities and perks, and especially how stressful it gets into the high mid ranks and high red ranks, and finally you, telling me, that I have to take your word for it that you're a rank 3 Survivor.

Ruin is doing what it's supposed to do, slow down the game, and if your teammates are wasting all their time looking for the hex totem instead of doing the generators, then that's on then, and that's ruin doing its job

bbq is not even that powerful, it only shows your location for 4 seconds and that's it, from the time it shows your location to the time the killer gets to your previous last known location is a big difference, so if people, including you, just stay put in same place, or don't even care to hide behind a generator or in a locker, after someone has been hooked, then that's on you.

So if you're basing your statement, because of your experience of your teammate not caring to counter the perks or learn how to hit the great skill checks and not completely waste time just looking for one totem, is very biased.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

How when I haven't played on console in almost a year? Are you up to the challenge?

• LordGlint

The big thing about ruin "carrying" is that potato survivors are completely fine with spending 10 minutes searching the map for the ruin totem rather than spending 10 seconds checking their general area, hopping on a gen and spending 100 seconds DOING said gen if they keep hitting GOOD skillchecks instead of great. The perk itself isnt doing the big dmg, the survivors who waste time are.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Most of the time i forget to look around fir survivors with BBQ. i just equip it for that sweet bloodpoint bonus

• LordGlint

@martin27 Same reason most ppl equip it I feel... Using up good addons and NOT using BBQ to help replace them just feels like a waste.

• CoffengMin

yeah ok maybe youre right, also i dont have to use bubbas basement i just find it fun

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

are you asking for a nerf or are you just venting because you lost to a killer with these perks?

• TheKnot
    TheKnot Member Posts: 31

It always humors me how much players complain about perks just to complain. I’m assuming this is coming from one of those “entitled survivor mains”. I play survivor more than killer recently just because of queue times at rank 1 are somewhat of a drag but this is my opinion. So feel free to disagree.

TLDR ; how to counter ruin - GeT GuD

Firstly, the Ruin complaint can be found literally everywhere. In the beginning of my adventures into playing survivor, ruin was the most annoying thing to go against because like you said, it halted progression. How did I counter it? Simple. I learned to land skillchecks. Now I know for some that isn’t a good answer and other people may still not be as well apt as you are with the ability to press spacebar when you’re given an audio cue but I digress.

As for bbq, I can’t even begin to tell people how easy it is to counter this perk. Firstly, it only works outside of 40 meters the second the survivor is put on the hook for the next 4 seconds. The easiest counter to this, is to stop what you’re doing and hide in a locker once you see someone get downed. Not that difficult.

Second: if you’re within a reasonable distance you can also get within bbq range so your aura is not exposed.

Last: just stand still or make it seem like you’re going one way and after the four seconds, turn around and walk or crouch the opposite way behind cover.

If you still have a hard time going against these perks then you should just find 4 friends and do KYF and ask them not to use those perks :Shrug:

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Noed realistically should only gain the killer one extra kill if even that if you get a team wipe with noed than the survivors you were going up against were kind of potatoes.

Granted I love the perk just because I find end game builds fun

Now as for barbecue and chili the perk has so many counters that it's not even funny hell even before the locker buff was added the perk had a crap ton counters. ( 7 pre Locker buff)

Hell I've never really had to use BBQ you the only time I really ever equip it is if I really want some extra bloodpoints or if it's a bloodpoint event.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Get a grip on reality. Survivor mains like you are ridiculous I know you want an easy game but in my opinion ruin needs massive buffs.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650

No.

You can sit on a gen and work through Ruin by hitting skill checks.

You can hide your Aura from BBQ with a perk and lockers.

Have over 2k hours experience in the game with both killer and survivor at red ranks.

• Camophlo
    Camophlo Member Posts: 104

Both these perks do not carry killers. Imo I'd rather someone use Ruin rather than NOED

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2019

you know its bad when you complain about ruin, a perk that gets totem destroyed in average of 20 seconds beginning of match.

Both ruin and BBQ have counters, BBQ you literally have perks like Distortion that negate it, so you have perks to counter it, and ruin is trash, I dont even run it,.

fact: good survivors push through ruin like its not there.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I never used Ruin, hell, I've gotten 4K's with Leatherface, Freddy and Ghostface without it, even to say Legion, just use what's best on who you are playing, not in general.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313

I usually forget to check for auras when I use it too. It sort of serves a similar purpose on the killer side as DS because a lot of people will assume you have it from the start or at least after you make a good call after a hook.