What if BBQ&Chilli's aura reading only had 4 tokens?

Killmaster
Killmaster Member Posts: 429
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

One for each survivor you hook? This could help promote killers to not tunnel as-well as make late game more stealth oriented, afterall don't most killers just use it for the BP anyways? Plus it would be more in line with it's counterpart Distortion which only has 3 tokens.

Comments

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

4 tokens, one for each survivor ... then what?

One survivor gets sacrificed and your are down one token?

To reduce what?

Need more details to understand my friend.

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Basically the aura reading for BBQ would only proc once for each different survivor you hook. So if you hook dwight once BBQ will activate, but if you hook him a second or third time it won't, same goes for every other survivor, it's a slight nerf but not enough to be entirely gamechanging.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2019

No, BBQ is a balanced perk with multiple counters and a good incentive to not camp. Besides, Survivors can run perks like DS to discourage tunneling. The Emblem system also discourages it if you want to pip or double pip at red and purple ranks.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

You would only get one use out of it against survivors running distortion.... so I’m gonna have to say no. Besides bbq is one of the most balanced killer perks imo

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

Barbecue and Chilli already has several counters. You can play around it pretty easily. It doesn't need a nerf.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

If this happened people would probably just run Thrilling Tremors. Basically does the same thing as bbq except it doesn't help after all gens are done (and doesn't give you bonus bp).

Only reason I still run BBQ over Thrilling Tremors is because I'm not done lvling up my killers. Once I get all the desired perks on my killers I will probably switch to Thrilling Tremors.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

Is it slowly dawning on everyone that the devs must stop listening to certain people?

They ask for things without knowing it, complain when they get it and ignore all warnings or objections informed by reason; they do not know what they want.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

B&C kills more people in low ranks than all the killers together

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

i still see a ton of ppl who camp with bbq with no one near, that

anti-camping excuse is invalid in my book

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Killers would just not leave the hook as often as they do now, since it's only the first four times. BBQ would incentivise killers to go off and actually hunt survivors down. It also tells them if they are planning for a "Save rush" or whatever they call all four survivors coming for the save.

• Raven014

Well, if they were hiding their auras, then the killer would think that they were all close to them.

If the killer was camping though then he's already got BBQ, then he's losing points for staying near the hook, as well as letting survivors complete objectives... so... yeah...

• CoffengMin

well knowing how many counters it has they should know better than to camp dont you think? cause there really is no point in it if a gen is 40m close

• ArecBalrin

Erm no, if the killer can't rule out counters then they must assume the worst-case counter is being used: they're all too close to risk leaving the hook. It's a free-rescue and the killer won't find anyone far from the hook, because they're likely all at the hook.

Considering survivors have persistently favoured a playstyle based on making chases longer rather than making a serious effort to hide, the only strategic reason for survivors to hide their auras is if it is the final-hook so no rescue can be attempted. That's the time to not be giving the killer a new target to head straight for.

Hiding their aura when it is possible for a rescue on phase 1 or 2 of the hook is only an optimal decision if they are SWF and it's the weakest player who knows one of the stronger players will stay visible to attract the killer, or they're solo and playing selfishly.

• CoffengMin

i hide in lockers all the time and i see many ppl doing the same , nobody wants the killer to chase someone straight after a hook or know which gens are being worked on , stop with the excuses for camping , an unhook is always free unless you camp

• ArecBalrin

I'll keep everything you just said in mind the next time someone questions me on my sincere belief that survivors have become worse at the game and this explains virtually all of the more recent concerns they've generated concerning balance.

• Raven014

They'd be punished by point reduction and Survivors getting gens done. They should know that. But if they don't then that's a learning experience. They will learn it eventually, and figure it out.

Sometimes killer's just don't know what to do (New players), and sometimes they just want one particular person to die (when you're looped for 4 gens, I can understand wanting to secure a kill, even at my own detriment).

• CoffengMin

well the anti-camp perk becomes the camp perk in those situations, funny right?

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited July 2019

If someone is consistently camping even when they have BBQ then they are defeating the purpose of running the perk in the first place and would be way better off running perks that actually help them camp. It's like if all 4 survivors ran adrenaline and made it their goal to just run directly into the killer and die instantly rather than doing the generators.

BBQ is perfectly fine for reasons I've stated in another post (which you can read below).

BBQ is fine. Make no mistake, it's a very good perk but it's by no means OP and infact helps improve the quality of a match.

BBQ & Chili is not OP because ;

It has clear counters to it. You can run distortion, go in a locker, be within 40 meters of the terror radius or mindgame it.

The chase is easily the most fun part of the game and by using BBQ you do not gain any advantages in a chase, it only simply allows you to get into another one sooner or make plans based on the information it gives you.

It has a clear requirement to use by rewarding players who can down and hook survivors, the only way a killer actually makes progress in a match which BBQ does not provide an advantage for. How often you get to use it completely comes down to how good (or bad) the survivors are and their playstyle.

BBQ isn't even the best tracking perk, at the hands of a good player whispers is way stronger by a landslide. At this point and time, I think infectious fright might be better in some cases too.

Let's also not forget that BBQ provides clear benefits to the quality of the match and your ability to progress in the game and this is because of the following ;

Stealth is a complete snooze, good killers and survivors tend to enjoy the chase way more and BBQ allows for that to happen, thus allowing more interaction between the two roles. More interaction makes the gameplay way more interesting.

BBQ promotes leaving the hook to find new survivors by giving you information and rewarding you with more bloodpoints. Nobody likes being tunneled out of a match within the first two minutes, this at least provides a way for more teammates to take the weight off of the person on the hook rather than just being an urban evasion blendette at the corner of the map.

It really helps with the grind which is only growing as more chapters get added, thus adding more perks and requiring more points.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited July 2019
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited July 2019

Just go hide in a locker... of try to get into range so they don't see you.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

The reactions are not surprising. Survivors are just attacking the killer's favorite perk, surely the most used.

But they dare to teach us how to counter it, so easily. This is obviously because it is easily countered that they use it all.

They go so far as to say that it allows them not to camp... They are definitely in blackmail for good behavior now. Wow.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

You're not onto some Killer main conspiracy regarding BBQ, no matter how hard you're trying.

It is easily countered or worked around, hence why a nerf to the Aura-reading capabilities are not warranted. Actually, most Killers run it for the bonus Bloodpoints due to The Grind (TM).

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited July 2019

How about if Alert, OoO etc have 4 tokens?

Alert is way more unbalanced than BBQ is. Alert cannot be countered, BBQ can be countered numerous ways.

BBQ can ONLY proc maximum 12 times, last proc being of course worthless since its last hook.

Alert, can trigger unlimited.

If any perk needs tokens, it is Alert ;)

• DocOctober

OP, consider this: more and more Survivors are running Object of Obsession these days for some strange reason. There's barely a game without them amongst what friends report to me and you can even see that phenomenon on Twitch streams.

What that proves to me, what I've long known, is that having your Aura revealed is not nearly as detrimental as Survivors like you claim it to be, otherwise OoO wouldn't be so popular nowadays.

There's no reason to nerf BBQ.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

it has already enough counters.

• Raven014

All BBQ does is remove uncertainty from the killer's mind, not force them to leave. Of course, good killers should leave the hook regardless of if they have BBQ or not. But only if they don't have a good reason to stay. If they have seen a survivor in the area, or the hook is next to a gen that has been worked on recently, it might be enough reason for them to check the area.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    edited July 2019

BBQ is really dangerous only with high speed killers in empty maps (Shelton Woods, Rotten Fields...), where it can be hard to find a locker in time. In the vast majority of cases, BBQ can be countered with a wise playstyle.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Hide in a locker or bring in distortion if you're having issues with it. BBQ is fine and doesn't need a nerf.

• Dirtyhennessy
    Dirtyhennessy Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019

The only thing that puzzles me is that BBQ can be used max 11 times and distortion only has 3 charges.

• fluffymareep

Survivor perks will always be weaker than killer ones since you have to account for there being 4 survivors and 1 killer. Most of the time distortion is used for information, anyway. After seeing BBQ eat it the first time, you can just hop into a locker whenever they hook or fake out a direction.

• Dirtyhennessy
    Dirtyhennessy Member Posts: 3

I know but still there are a lot more perks/addons that can drain the perk in no time. Rather see it recharging on a long CD than to have limited charges.

• fluffymareep

I'm sorry, what do you mean by CD? I'm aware there's other perks/addons that can drain it, but it gives you valuable information, regardless, and I assume BBQ is present in all my matches and react accordingly. If I'm in a strong spot or haven't gotten any hooks, I'll roam around. Also if I'm close to done with a gen, I'll stay on it. Otherwise, I'll go hide in a locker or hide behind a gen. Or I'll fake where I'm heading. It has counters that don't require perks, though distortion really doesn't. It'll work to hide your aura and give you definite information on what the killer has/might have. And once again, survivor perks need to be weaker than killers (comparably) or else they'd be a nightmare to go against.

• DocOctober
    edited July 2019

Will always be weaker? Then how come that many Survivor Perks are actually stronger? The prime example being Alert and I'm All Ears: Alert has no cool-down whatsoever and many more diverse triggers, whereas I'm All Ears is hampered by cool-downs and a very specific trigger.

By all means, what you say SHOULD be true for the game if it were properly balanced, but it isn't.

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited July 2019

BBQ is broken with unlimited aura reading - yes.

I did propose same thing, got attacked just as you.

But it's necessary evil if you want killers to camp less, like it or not. 😑