Upgrades I would love to see on the Pig

As a proud SAW fan I really expected a bit more from the Pig. I'm not gonna discuss her current state instead I will state the upgrades that I feel would give her a more enjoyable gameplay.

1.- Chair Puzzle:

The key element of the SAW series are definitely the puzzles, sadly on DBD the Pig can only rely on the reverse bear trap which is a bit dissapointing. So I figured out another puzzle the Pig could use on a DBD game.

Inspired by one of the traps on the SAW movies where there was a woman sitting on a chair with a key on the stomach that had to be retrieved in time in order to free her from a trap that speed up with the noise of her screaming; The Chair puzzle I would do for DBD is to replace 2 hooks for chairs randomly around the map.

The pig can sit carried survivors on the chairs allowing the chairs themselves work as if they were also hooks. The unfortunate survivors that are sitting on the chair have the key to their freedom inside them and in order for other survivors to free them they must interact with them to fill the progress bar with triggerable skill checks, every skill check they fail accelerates the sacrifice meter and if the working survivor(s) is/are trapped by a reverse bear trap, their timer also accelerates a bit.

Survivors on the chair have the same sacrifice timer as survivors on normal hooks, but they dont have to force once the bar reaches half and being sat on a chair doesnt sum up and is independent to the count of the 3 times you are able to be hooked before dying; This means that if you were hooked once and then you are sat on the chair you are still considered to have been hooked just once and your sacrifice bar is not gonna start in half, same if you have been already hooked twice and you are sat on the chair you wont be instantly sacrificed and the sacrifice bar while on the chair will start at full.

If a survivor is succesfully rescued from the chair it deactivates and becomes unavalible for the rest of the game, also a player that survived the trial cannot be sat again if the other chair is still avalible.

Chairs cannot be disabled using sabotage and if the rescuer survivors need to drop in the middle of the trial for any reason the progress bar should not be restarted and can be resumed from the point it was left.

Aestethically I can say there should be a visible digital timer like those you commonly see on the Jigsaw traps over the chair displaying how much time remaining the victim has while the Entity also appears around the chair victim like it does on normal hooks.

Also if a piece of the SAW theme by Charlie Clouser could be heard on all player screens as a survivor is sat and on the rescuers and victim screens when time is running up that would be freaking awsome.

2.- Tripwire trap:

This one would allow the Pig to arm up stealthy tripwire traps on the door entrances around the map, if a survivor walks or sprints over them sparks are shot from the cable along an audible electrocution sfx while they trip over and are slowed down for 1-2 seconds as they regain their feet, the Pig also recieves a sound alert if a survivor activates the trap and can see their aura until they regain their feet.

Crouching does not activate the tripwire and the Pig can move freely through them.

Tripwires start unarmed upon game start however there can be a consumable that would allow the pig to start with some already set up; And they can be dissarmed the same way as the trapper bear traps causing the same sound alert to the Pig, after that they can be rearmed back again if the Pig wants to.

They are automathically dissarmed if a survivor falls to them just if anyone is wondering.

3.- Consequences of the Puzzle Box:

The Puzzle box where survivors are supposed to find the key to unlock the reverse bear traps are the same SAW puzzle where victims have to introduce their hands into a saw to bleed until they filled a bucket with their blood that allowed them to beat the trial.

I find it weird that survivors in DBD can do that on every single box and walk away as if nothing happened. It would be best if each time they complete a puzzle box regardless of them finding the key or not they get affected by the Deep Wound status effect (the same one caused by the legion's feral frenzy) to make it clear their blood sacrifice had consequences. (Its ok if the bear trap time has to be increased a bit to balance it against the time you require to heal from some deep wounds)

And this is not exactly an "upgrade" but for the love of the entity add a freaking John Kramer skin to the Pig!! https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41BIfLgfgnL._SY355_.jpg

And maybe one for the other Jigsaw pig minions.

Comments

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Not really down for the chair trap. Takes away from Amanda's gimmick.

The Tripwires and Consequences notes, though, are things that I like. Sounds like her to a T, and would do great as replacements for some of her more useless addons.

And it would be a downgrade to have John Kramer. Kramer wasn't a 'killer' in his own mythos, he was a perverse teacher who led and pushed to people's deaths. Amanda was the cheat, the failure, her instability and mentality are unlike his and it's those that called to the Entity. Kramer and his other disciples aren't a good fit for the lore of DBD.

• Chaddad2169
    Chaddad2169 Member Posts: 748

@Runemaster_Kiro

If a survivor is on a chair, all survivors hear the Hello Zepp theme?

(You know, the infamous song that plays at the end of every single SAW film)?

• Runemaster_Kiro
    Runemaster_Kiro Member Posts: 10

Its just cosmetics, they are just skins for a reason lol. And we can't believe the DBD killers are actual killers, cuz its the Entity who kills everyone and manipulates the killers, they are just puppets for it.

And Amanda wasn't actually a failure, she was a really devote apprentice to Kramer's way of things and did her best to earn his approval, the issue with her is that she was being blackmailed by Hoffman regarding her participation on the robery that resulted in the death of Gideon cuz Hoffman wanted to get rid of her, hencefort she feared Kramer would never forgive her if he learned the truth and was forced to obey Hoffman betraying John's teachings and ending up like a "failure" to protect that secret.

The idea of the chair trap is to tribute the fact that as all of the jigsaw minions they were tasked to kiddnap the victims and put them into the games.

• Runemaster_Kiro
    Runemaster_Kiro Member Posts: 10

Yeah thats what I requested. We need that epic theme on this game lol