Object of obsession nerf?

Since object of obsession pretty much destroys anybody who plays gf you think its going get like a cooldown or something?

Comments

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

They better not touch my troll perk because of Ghostface

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

@Hexyl Please don't even joke about that, they might actually do something to it. I also run small game (not a joke).

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

To be honest, with how popular ruin is, I would actually prefer if it didn't trigger on traps or at least had a different notification most of the time.

• rch614
    rch614 Member Posts: 551

Objectly already got a little nerf with the locker change. It's fine right now.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

i would love it if they just changed how it affects certain killers. Doesn’t show ghostface while he’s stealth, but show him while he’s normally walking around. Same thing with Wraith and Pig, don’t show them while they’re cloaked, crouched. Kinda give them the Micheal treatment, they’re immune to detection perks while in their stealth modes

• sugoiboi
    sugoiboi Member Posts: 11

yea i feel like this perk needs a cooldown or a certain amount of time you can use it. it makes all sneaky killers effectively useless. its especially annoying when nearly all survivors are using it. it makes mind gaming unnecessarily difficult

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

@Paladin_Goo

if that’s the case add wraith while invisible.

as he has no terror radius also

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,087

When Ghost Face is out for a while, a lot less players will use OoO. Some will use it, but they would have used it anyway.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

This perk destroy Huntress, I hate it

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

Yes, that too. Can't believe I forgot him, he's my main :O

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

Everyone is using it cuz everyone plays ghostface. Once the players stop playing ghostface all the time u won't see that perk that much anymore. It also counters Wraiths invisibility yet noone complained about it.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Stop it with all this nerfing this and that nonsense. It takes away from ACTUAL perks that need nerfs.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

It isn't about nerfing OoO, but about making it so stealth Killers aren't destroyed when people run this perk.

It won't affect normal Killers, unless they run stuff like Tinkerer or Insidious, which also should make them immune to OoO.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

It's not that it needs an inbuilt counter, but rather GF just needs immunity in night shroud.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

I just use Hex: Third Seal if I'm sure it's swf.

• Financial_Stability
    Financial_Stability Member Posts: 466

Kills trapping killers as well as huntress too at red ranks.

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

I'd argue that those are just risks you take playing trapping killers. Not that OoO is very common anyway. Nor will it continue to BE common when the Ghostface craze is over and everyone goes back to their mains. It's not meta and it will never be meta, so it's not a huge problem for trapping killers or huntress.

• aknitus
    aknitus Member Posts: 124

I am facing way too many OoO players today. It is quite hard to play with Wraith against them, when they just pallet loop.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

The thing with Object is that it's okay when solo, but insanely overpowered with teams.

Even with that in mind, the Object user has to be really good with their chase or die wothin the first 2 minutes of the game.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

you know you can see whoever is using it right? if all 4 are using it is free wallhacks for both, i still dont know how this perk is that problematic

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Personally, I think Shadowborn should protect a killer from all auras. This would solve some people's issues with OoO completely.

Also, I threw in the above thread because there are some fun Shadowborn suggestions not necessarily relating to this thread but interesting nevertheless.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

Finally, someone with common sense is in this comment thread. Killers complain about everything without realising that everything they complain about has an easy counter and a weakness.

• CoffengMin

the nickname for the perk isnt object of tunneling for no reason lol

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

if you were any good at the game you'd realize having your location known as killer is far more impactful than as a survivor lol

• CoffengMin

maybe for swf, not so much for solo, any decent solo player only cares where the killer is when they are close to you

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

I don't think a cooldown is necessary, but maybe have it at the typical killer terror radius? That way if someone stealths over to you (like Wraith or GF), you won't be able to see everything they're doing.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Object of Obsession becomes a problem specifically with a survivor baiting a killer into chasing them, or an SWF using it for free information on the killer. It ends up being a long-range "Killer Radar" that can be used to help SWF teammates coordinate, or simply give a survivor a ton of information which they can use against the killer.

I think, if it were to be nerfed at all, which I don't think it really needs a nerf, it would be as so :

They should nerf the degree of view that a killer and survivor need to be sharing for Object of Obsession to be activated. This would allow counterplay on the killer side, by obliquely keeping the Object of Obsession in-view, but not in direct line of sight - similar to Spine Chill counterplay. OoO would still work against killers scanning large areas for BBq stacks and general searching/ chases, but if a killer has read the OoO perk on a survivor, they'd be able to behave in a specific way to counter and track the OoO user and eliminate that threat. I feel like this would add meaningful counterplay to a perk which is unreliably extremely powerful or borderline useless, because it would allow both the survivor and killer to meaningfully engage in an interaction with each other and play around that aura-reading, with options to counterplay or deny aura reading on both sides.

• michaelrandom27
    michaelrandom27 Member Posts: 100

If you were any good at the game, you would realise that getting free wallhacks on a survivor is a guaranteed kill. lol

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

I mean it reveals the survivor’s location to you, all you have to do is go at get them. This perk has never bothered me, even as a stealth killer. Plus when I am a stealth killer it allows me to track their exact location; if anything it’s more of a hinderance to them than to me.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

so i guess freddy had a guaranteed kill on all 4 survivors

oh wait he didn't, because looping is so strong that a killer can know your location all game and you can still survive

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited July 2019

I think you have a problem with Survive with Friends, which Definitely needs different mechanics to up the difficulty, since they have the advantage of coordination.

Don't forget, it's been the bane of Wraith players for as long as it's been around.

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Objekt of obsession should be reworked it is so anoying as killer to play against.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

OoO is kind of in a weird spot. It shouldn't reveal Stealth Killers. It's also fine when solo's use it, but it's game breaking with a SWF on comm's use it, however that's a SWF issue, not really the fault of the perk itself.