Trapper Addons and stacking?

radwulf
radwulf Member Posts: 110

Anyone know what trapper ad-dons stacks, since its not explicitly stated one way or the other, i know for a fact the dyes and the bags stacks (even though its not stated anywhere).

Im especially interested in Bloody Coil and Oily Coil:

To get both the Tremendously increases the Bear Trap sabotage/Disarm time and also injure a healthy survivor.

Comments

• TurboTestosterone
    TurboTestosterone Member Posts: 56

Yeah everything stacks unless it specifically says "does not stack" at the bottom of the add on description. But i know all trapper add ons stack. But by your question nothing needs stacking. Stacking would be like "considerably increases setting time" and a "slightly increases setting time" on 2 different add ons.

• radwulf

well the bloody coil says:

• Tremendously increases the Bear Trap sabotage time. ActionSpeed -> -0.25 (-25%)
    • Tremendously increases the Bear Trap disarm time. ActionSpeed -> -0.25 (-25%)

and the bloody coil says:

• Slightly increases the Bear Trap sabotage time. ActionSpeed -> 0.12 (12%)
    • Slightly increases the Bear Trap disarm time. ActionSpeed -> 0.12 (12%)

so if i run both, do i get 25% or 37%?

• TurboTestosterone
    TurboTestosterone Member Posts: 56
    edited August 2019

@radwulf the 37%. sorry i forgot bloody coil has some side effects aside from injuring healthy survivors.

• radwulf

cool cool, thanks for the answer

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

A bug was reported two years ago that some Trapper addons for faster setting speed were not stacking. I had tested this and it worked out like this.

1. Trap Setters would not stack with anything, nor off-set setting speed penalties from addons that had such penalities. You equipped this and it would do nothing if you had any other addon that affected setting speed.
    2. Trapper Gloves would work by themselves and would stack with Fastening Tools, but would not off-set penalties.
    3. Any addons with penalties to setting speed would only be off-set by Fastening Tools.

Since then, the animation and base setting speed for Trapper has changed, but no patch-notes acknowledge the bugs existed or if they have been fixed. I probably need to test again.