Why do we still have green tier 3 perks?

Options

Is there a reason for this?

Why not have all tier 3 purple and just have them coloured coded by tier?

Comments

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

because Brown<Yellow<Green

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241
    Options

Lower rarity is better, because it's cheaper. Are you intentionally asking them to make perks cost more in bloodwebs just because you like the colour purple, or are you just not thinking about the consequences of this request.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

Why do we even have colours? lol

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Because in far away lands Pink and Brown colors existed. Then 3 teachables at max tier had the 3 colors (Green/Purple/Pink)

But now we don't have thme.

• michaelkhj
    michaelkhj Member Posts: 77
    Options

because of swag~ hahaha

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

Its just annoying having 3 sets of perks sorted in alphabetical order. Every time i go to put on a perk im like #########.. What colour was it? zzz

• Glory
    Options

Well at least there are no perks that finish as yellow, so once you're done there are only 2 pools

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Ikr? I want pink or rainbow!

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

I would rather have all perks at the 3 for all color combination from common to ultra rare. Makes it more interesting honestly

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Theoretically, Purple perks are supposed to be better, and in some cases, they are.

However, some Green perks are really strong too. Sloppy butcher is a big one.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited August 2019
    Options

Just posted this in another thread, but it's relevant here, too.

Perk color is arbitrary. With some exceptions, each character's first teachable perk is green at tier 3, and their other two teachable perks are purple at tier 3.

This is one of those weird stupid UX things, because Behaviour seems to grossly undervalue strong UX. It would be nice if we had, say, a tiered yellow/green/purple system for tiers 1/2/3, so perks sort alphabetically according to rank in each character's loadout screen. As a player, I feel like this certainly isn't a notable issue, but it's one of those little minor thousand-cuts things that hurts DBD's overall sheen.

Also: What @screamdreamsx said. Perk rarity really needs to just go away as a concept. It would make the grind so much more reasonable without even remotely eliminating it.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Thats why a searchbar was requested, and as far as i know, a Moderator gave this request to the devs already.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Cause a list full with purple is boring.

• Glory
    Options

It'd be neat if all the neutral perks were green at tier 3,and teachables were purple, to help differentiate them

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

Once upon a time there were rare, very rare, and ultra rare tier 3 perks. Ultra rare perks were later reduced to very rare (being ultra rare made them harder to find, and would also cost more after the bloodweb update).

So then you're left with just rare and very rare perks. We just stuck with it for consistency's sake. It is a good point, though, I will bring it up with the team.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

Another Idea @Peanits would to allow Perks to come from the bloodweb Mystery Boxes. (based on rarity higher %). This would also lower the grind by allowing for 2 Perks to appear and taken on 1 Bloodweb.