Let's talk about NOED

Options
grtf47
grtf47 Member Posts: 371

I think the mechanics of noed should be switched up because as it stands now, it's giving the killer another chance to easily down a survivor(s). 10% of the time, all the survivors cleanse all totems. Noed is just a free chance to down a survivor and I think its overpowered. After all the work a survivor does to complete all the gens just to get downed in one hit doesn't make much sense to me. Some people say cleanse all the totems but, I don't know where most of them are on any map and that takes a long time. Now that a one hit with noed requires one tick, its actually a buff for killers than before when a one hit required three ticks. Maybe make some requirements that the killer has ti do in order for noed to activate. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

If the difference is that small why implement it at all?

All it is is a crutch for people who get "surprised" by noed. Dont get found AND/OR hit once the gates are powered, boom NOED COUNTERED.

Hexes already stupidly announce themselves to survivvors way too early.

• grtf47
    Options

@ToastfaceKilla most of the time there is one noob on the team who will screw everything up for the rest of the survivors. As far as red ranks using noed, I always used it at rank 1 because it made the game easy. Do i think its fair? 100% no but i still use it because it makes the game easier. With that said, I would support the decision of removing it from the game or at least re working it, just like decisive.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

Just cleanse all dull totems. BOOM. No more NOED. In 9/10 games all survivors were cleansing dull totems no matter if I had NOED or not. It should be natural for survivors to cleanse these.

It's a hex perk. As far as I know EVERY hex perk is one of the strongest perks in the game, but are easy to counter by destroying totems. If you can cleanse active hex totem, why not cleanse dull totem?

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696
    Options

@grtf47 you are aware that there are only like 3 decent killers right. So maybe survivors can stop complaining all the time.

• grtf47
    Options

@ASAPTurtle Nice, i didn't know that. 1k per is good but i feel that the time that it takes to cleanse every totem around the map just sets you up to lose, you could be doing a gen instead. If you're on a swf, you guys can tell each other which totems are cleansed but on a random team, this is time consuming and having one noob get downed in the first 5 seconds of the match doesn't help much. With that being said, I feel that its mechanics need to be switched, at least make it an insta-hit at three ticks and not one, just like it used to be.

• grtf47
    Options

@Skarkio I would cleanse if I knew where all five totems are located but I don't and I'm not going to run a build specifically for targeting totems.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Maps, all you need. And EVERYONE ignores that.

If you don't have a Rainbow Map, use a Regular Map with Red Twine.

Also, killers haven't failed the game up until the remaining survivors are out of the match. Untill then it's just another perk for someone to use.

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59
    Options

Yeah. Bring a map. I was able to not only do totems but also do gens because I knew where they were. It's very useful to have the rainbow map especially.

• grtf47
    Options

@Pulsar hey brotha, i was referring to when I was rank one some months ago currently rank 8. Looks like I will be using maps more often but I will always dislike noed lol.

• LigerBomb
    LigerBomb Member Posts: 3
    Options

I think noed its a good perk for killer like me i mean 2 matches ago i got a toxic survivor what would i do if i didn't have noed because of that toxic survivor i would rank down i already do that i thing noed its just a second chance

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,617
    Options
  • tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59
    Options

Yeah. Maps are useful, and I used rainbow maps to counter hexes as well as find gens and traps. It's really useful and worth it to use a rainbow map.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited August 2019
    Options

TBH, this negates your entire argument. If you, or others, can’t be bothered to use the existing mechanics to counter NOED, then you deserve what you get. There is absolutely no other way that anyone with a brain can look at it.

P.S. All totems became an official secondary objective the moment that BHVR increased the amount of BP one receives, and added Emblem Points for dull totems as well.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

As a survivor main, I don't mind going down in one at the end. I mind when my entire team leaves me on my first hook and doesn't even try to find the totem or get me. Has nothing to do with a killer perk. I just played a game against a Plague. She had Corrupt Intervention and I ran around and did all five totems before a single gen got done. NOED has an easy counter if you want to run it.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i love it when survivors complain about second chance perks.

the irony is amazing...

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

It's simply a badly designed perk in my opinion. Rewards killers with cheap downs because... ????

the survivors completed their objective?

Makes no sense to me, never liked it.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    Options

I just don't count totems as objectives, unless they're lit.

They achieve absolutely nothing (except waste survivor time) unless every single one is cleansed, if the killer has 1 specific perk out of many.

Just in the same vein as old DS and MoM for me, rewarding someone too much for too little (or no) effort.

• Kaelum
    Options

@ASpazNamedSteve whether or not you count totems as objectives is irrelevant, as BHVR has made them a secondary objective by definition. Here’s a novel idea though, maybe they are an objective to WASTE your time and slow down generator progression. MIND BLOWING!

MoM has no counter, not even now, and neither did the old DS, so they can’t be compared to NOED in any way. Apples and oranges....nice try though.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

pretty much what @Kaelum said.

on top of that, id like to add that NOED is MENT to be a gamble on both sides of the game.

the killer gambles that the survivors wont cleanse totems the second he puts on NOED and the survivors gamble the killer wont have NOED the second they decide to not care about totems. or if they do totems, they gamble that the killer has the perk. whoever wins the gamble gets a big reward (killer gets an instadown, survivors eigther get to rush gens or to kill a killers perk before it even activates)

you see, the very second you decide not to cleanse dull totems you pretty much announce to everyone "I bet the killer has no NOED". when you lose that gamble, thats not the perks fault, its your own.

so you have no reason at all to complain about NOED. the only time i can understand why someone would complain is when you were actively looking for totems, but you couldnt find all of them by the time the others did the gens. and even then you shouldnt complain about NOED, but rather your team for rushing gens and not giving any shits about a possible NOED.

the big difference between NOED and old DS or MoM is, that NOED has counters - quite a lot actually. both of those survivor perks in the past had no counter whatsoever, they were pure frustration to go up against, since you could do literally nothing to fight them. thats not the case with NOED.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    Options

The problem isn't noed. If you peeps would think with your brains. It's not instant heals moris or bt. It's scrubs for team mates it's the people who hide don't do gens. Don't do totems that see them. The ones who camp cause there too stupid to know better . The ones who unhook next to the killer. There the ones that piss u off as a survivor. And you love to have as killer. Why not let other survivors see each other's time and have a vote kick were 3 of 4 can remove a survivor. ( Killer doesn't really need a say could make it 4 of 5 )

• ASpazNamedSteve
    Options

It's not me that's being lazy, I almost exclusively play killer nowadays.

Just my opinion on the perk, don't respect it at all. I think it's one of the cheapest ways to get kills as killer.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,617
    Options

Punishes survivors for not doing their second objective.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

No, let's not.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Sure, when survivors talk about Adrenaline with honesty, I'll be more than happy to talk about NOED...

• Raven014
    Options

NOED Rewards you for keeping unlit totems, or for survivors failing to get all totems.

It's frustrating to go against all Adrenaline survivors when you're doing well. It completely stops the snowball effect killers benefit from.

Sometimes you as a killer are not in a position to stop all the gens.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

My fellow survivors need to stop crying about this, it's easy to deal with and you should always assume the worst, rid of the perks and stop spending so much time:

A. Being toxic and t-bagging the killer

B. Hiding and doing no gens

C.Gen Rushing only

All of the above are people tunnelling one mindset and not doing well on pips aside from healing themselves and escaping so like 2 categories. If you aren't playing the whole game, you deserve to get rekt by NOED, it's annoying seeing someone not respect killers.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

NOED will be reworked someday. Every patch totems spawn is improved. And also now you can have 100% NOED at the end with trapper or hag in many maps. In 2 or 3 patchs NOED will be the new meta perk.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

This is especially apparent for killers with low mobility and no way to teleport sprint or move across a large map to effectively protect gens. Perks like NoED and Ruin and some others help relieve the fact that you can't be as present as say a nurse or spirit or billy or even legion.

They should have a perk that increases your speed if survivors are outside of your terror radius!

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302
    Options

Hahahahahahaha… wait you didn't make joke. Yeah because every killer keeps up after survivors like Nurse, Spirit or Billy.

• Raven014
    Options
  • PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

I mean...a perk like that would be powerful for a lot of killers. People like leatherface who bumble around a map the whole time. It would have powerful implications for low terror radius killers as well. And it would combo well with perks that reduce your terror radius like monitor and abuse. It would also improve pigs default stalk and be powerful for ghostface.....until your stalk gets broken and you have a terror radius again. It would also combo really well with the obsession terror radius perk.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,797
    Options

noed takes no sklll to use boom bang

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

it's giving the killer another chance to easily down a survivor(s)

Yes, its a SECOND CHANCE PERK. Survivors also have second chance perks (which are harder to counter btw).

Doing totems is very easy, there is even a perk AND add-ons to help you find them! Hot damn! It would be nice if killers could cleanse something to get rid of that pesky adrenaline 🤔

Honestly if you get caught out by NoED that is 100% on you as a survivor.

If you are arguing NoED needs to go then BT, DS, and Adrenaline need to go as well.

• Raven014
    Options

But, you'd be losing a perk to directly impact gen progression, help in a chase, or slow a survivor down in the long run. It'd be directly what you make of it.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    edited August 2019
    Options

nope. Because all those perks you listed REWARDS us for good gameplay. Not like NOED.

NOED rewards bad gameplay on the killer side (because you failed to prevent gens from popping Hey, it happens).

Decisive Strike + Borrowed Time: Anti- tunneling perks. Just don’t tunnel. Simple.

Adrenaline: Doing the objective and succeeding!

Your thoughts?

• Kaelum
    Options

@Umbrae_pk NOED rewards you for playing with only 3 perks through 5 gens, while you play with your food. Almo already countered your argument, so I’m not sure why you posted it.

Your thoughts?

• legionsunit
    legionsunit Member Posts: 57
    Options

So having Adrenaline for a survivor is the same thing. The killer put in all the work to down you. And you just jump back up and run away. It's the same it's useless to argue a perk because both sides have op perks and really bad ones. Noed is good for killers bad for survivors. Adrenaline God for survivors bad for killers. Do you see the redundency

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

Maybe you do BONES next time?

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260
    Options

Jesus, I main survivor and could not agree more. No in their mind they earned it and are entitled to win the game with no challenge. I rarely if ever get downed by NOED but they make it seem like it is the most powerful thing in the world. Hell EGC made hatch camping even worse so now survivors don't even rescue if they found hatch and you are on hooked. Survivors are far more toxic than killers by a large margin and want an ez game.