If this doesn't show how unbalance the game is...

Imagine if this was every single match you had and every single SWF team you went up against, and let's imagine if they all had Insta heals...fun right?

And people complain about noed...and before you say it, I am against noed and it does need a rework, but, when something like this happens, does it justify what noed does at all? Too many second chances survivors get, so why can't killers get second chances? Cause apparently its okay for survivors to have 100 second chance, but if a killer gets one single second chance it's like you just committed a crime.

Let's see how many people who don't pay attention to his situation and say "0h bUt wHY d1d HE p1cK uP tHE SurvIOr tHAt cEarLy HaD DS?"

ยซ1

Comments

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

Got anything we don't know yet?

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

God tier Nurses are rare but that hasn't stopped the devs from using them as an excuse to rework the Nurse.

SWF, like the Nurse, played at a high skill level is OP. It's time to end the long reign of terror 4-person SWF squads have held over this game.

It's time to close the SWF-solo gap and balance all killers around SWF. Enough is enough.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

I don't think NOED even counts as a 2nd-chance perk, even if it wasn't a Hex perk: most killers can not guard most exits on most maps. Survivors literally only have to pick a gate and it's a 50% they'll be found. Then there has to be at least 1/2 of a chase.

You have to not only be a potato but a mashed potato to lose to NOED.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited August 2019

Just to clarify, if you guys hadn't caught the streamers discussing/talking/complaining, the thousands of relevant posts, and from playing the game itself.

The game is unbalanced...

Just making sure we are all up to date on this. I'll give a weekly reminder.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,076

Now with some at least semi-viable Killer, and not the worst Killer in the game.

• ArecBalrin

It saves the killer 50% of the time, which is a very long time considering the extensive options survivors have kept receiving for extending chases. That is if the killer finds someone, which to each person is 50% if they go for an exit and don't even try to hide. You aren't refuting anything I've said.

It's an anti-mashed potato perk. For it to be an actual 2nd-chance perk, it would have to revert a killer fail-state and the only clearly-defined fail-state for a killer is a survivor escaping.

Currently, the game considers someone getting caught in a trap mid-chase to be Trapper 'losing the chase' in the emblem system; such are the incredibly low-standards the devs have for what they consider to be a killer fail-state.

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571

If four (or the team) survivors are getting destroyed by a good or god spirit, nurse or hillbilly then they aren't weak, especially if the survivors did well against them

If four (or the team) survivors are getting destroyed because they make bad plays, bad loops, bad calls or bad reads then no

If four (or the team) survivors are getting destroyed after surviving longer then 4-6 mins against any killers, especially against nurse, spirit or hillbilly and still pip or safety pip then no

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,370

I was mainly trying to point out that it doesn't only punish bad players. Say you were in a five gen chase with someone and their teammates didn't cleanse all 5 totems and you only then hit them with NOED, they obviously weren't a bad player, you were just using a perk that punishes them for not doing something that they didn't have a chance to do. I don't have that much of a problem with NOED but I don't like the fact that it also punishes players that weren't playing badly.

• ArecBalrin

Well there is a simple solution to this: make chases shorter. They have become increasingly longer, to please survivors with no regard to what killers feel about them. It's disgusting that a chase even can go on for 5 gens.

The survivor entered a fail-state when the killer first found them. The killer is punished by survivors having extensive, match-long benefits that support their preferred playstyle. The circumstances under which NOED has actually done something remains the same, except now the killer has more than two places to go looking for someone.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

Roll the clip with devs answering the question of Marth (same as this one) a while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KQ1z4poJyE

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    edited August 2019

His biggest mistake was losing the 3 gen. He should have pressured them off it and used PGTW.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Don't bother, OP. People will just claim that "not all survivors play like that". Of course, when it comes to killers (the Nurse, for example), that doesn't matter any more.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

This is why killers are scared for Nurse changes, afraid for spirit and billy, not very optimistic about future killers when teams like this can just run over basic killers with how dumb maps are with the tiles stacked with all the potential items. Omega blink nurse would have dealt with this ez though lmao

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The largest factor in the game is still personal skill and choices which no one seems to mention with these things. It's not just about having something strong it's how well you can use it to your advantage.

A good example is an iri head on a Hutress. Its useless if they cant aim.

While Insta heals and Mori's could do with being looked at as they are just not fun I have seen good killers kill all with 4 Insta heal players and less skilled ones have 4 escapes with a mori.

Each game is different and one game is not reflective of how the vast majority go. Its evident with so many posts of late saying gens always get done in under 5 mins which this 12 min game contradicts.

Most complaints seem to stem from someone versing players they feel they should be better than but are not. You can't win them all on either side and you should never expect too.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

Cool story, bro. Changed my life.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,270

Nope, this is often very common survivor excuse. There's only 1 killer and 4 survivors, Killers can only be in one place at once and they can only chase one survivor at a time. There's nothing he could of done better. It's why most people agree that 80% killers have no chance to win. This isn't even looping problem. There was hardly any looping in that game(We didn't even see killer shack side of the map), It's just that the game speed is too fast for killer and if you face semi-decent survivors whether in group or just randoms, you lose. it's just how it is. I always found it weird how killers need to use all these extremely optimized perks and add-on and yet when you play survivor, you can play with whatever you want and still win, even 1vs1 killer in some odd cases. When survivors using optimal stuff, they're more nuts then the power-role.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862
    edited August 2019

cause this happens so often...

tbh trapper himself isnt that good of a killer and the perks he was using werent the best, obviously , if he had better perks like noed, bbq,wishpers or some others(he barely used PGTW too) he couldve probably won or get a 2k at least.(which let me remind you thats what the devs aim for)

you cant expect to win against a sweaty meta-slave sfw group without doing the same,that being a sweaty meta-slave killer

you can, however, win against a sweaty meta-slave solo group without being too sweaty or using every meta perk

• ArecBalrin

If you accept in principle that both sides can have extremely 'unfun and unbalanced' games, then you are accepting that such things can be measured. If they can be measured, the overall picture is knowable.

We can know to what degree there is over-lap between random elements and the extend that player actions can decide outcomes.

Killers have complained for a long time that we lack agency in-game, we are forced to be reactive, based on our experiences and objective comparisons of the dynamics of interacting game mechanics. Most of us are confident then that any fair-minded look at the overall picture would reveal a Venn picture with killers in a small circle, being over-lapped by two very large circles for randomness and survivors, that ony slightly over-lap each other.

This is why of course survivors call for changes to the game, but rarely ever better information. Killers requests feature a desire for information almost as much as they want specific game changes. Everyone knows a clearer picture would support killers, but most don't want to admit it.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Yep him legion,wraith and leatherface. If you play these killers expect to get dunked on the entire round.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited August 2019

They need to at least make more survivor perks viable (not like prepatch MoM, but viable).

Noed does not need any changes, since most of the time totems are destroyed. There is no reason not to cleanse them.

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

Imagine if we were all toxic survivors? And imagine if we...kissed ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Find a video of 4 survivors in like the top 30-40 best, getting absolutely deleted, and sure, I guess (without it being a bunch of 4-man no mither memes lol as fun as those are)

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

You canโ€™t win emโ€™ all. Except your defeat or win and JUST MOVE ON!

Yes, the game is unbalanced. But does that mean youโ€™re going to get destroyed every match (killer or survivor)? No, it doesnโ€™t.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

That's another balance point though. Killer mistakes are FAR more costly than Survivor mistakes. So much so that a single mistake can end up costing the game.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Same here. 1 guy in basement, another goes to makes the save. Steps in a trap or gets caught before making the save. 3 gens left. Game is pretty much over if the killer decides to camp it. And those were games where things were moving along just fine for survivors then BAM brick wall.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

Maybe killer's only purpose in this game is to make entertainment for survivors...

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

I mean, Nurse can "snap out of existence" this "boosted" survivors so...why people don't play her? If you don't do it, that's your fault. Not every killer need to be viable.

• thekate
    thekate Member Posts: 37

Don't forget the perks you guys complaining are solutions to killers' behaviors. Like borrowed time for camping, DS for tunnelling. I think you guys will never stop complaining about survivors and thier perks even they delete all of them from the game.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

Well, to be fair, Trapper (despite being my least favorite killer to face) isn't a very strong killer. He's at the lower end of mid tier.