We need to shake survivor meta, ASAP.

CookieBaws
CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Adrenaline and Balanced landing are the most questionable in terms of balance perks right now. Why not slightly nerf them? Or Buf "weak" perks, i don't know, just something.

This is survivor perk topic, leave your "but killers have...!" somewhere else.

Post edited by CookieBaws on

Comments

• tavdogg11
    tavdogg11 Member Posts: 59

Yeah. I use adrenaline and I do agree it needs to be balanced.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,121
    edited August 2019

If I'm honest I just want the dumb people who take farming perks to take people off hooks as soon as they are put on and ruin matches by getting groups who only unhook with deliverance, borrowed time etc. I see these so much on console. Yes it's to counter camping killers but the killer is just going to come back if you JUST unhooked someone while they were leaving and farm said people.

I think Killer perks need looked at, trying to do adept killer perks make me realise how many of the base ones are so bad, whilst others feel broken.

I think its the gen rushing builds which are broken as they enable ones like Adrennaline, as well as toolboxes needing reworked perhaps, it's dumb how quick survivors can do gens even with ruin up (I'm a survivor main)

EDIT: Might I also add we need to stop nerfing survivors who are good at avoiding the killer in a chase, and buffing the ability the killer has to patrol and keep an eye on the gens to encourage smart play of the objective, making survive with friends harder, but pressure with a group of solos better (as they are more sporadic and will be doing gens in different locations).

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Why? Here:

1. Killers are the weaker side. They've received way more impactful nerfs than survivors have. Freddy may have gotten his rework (which I think is equal in potential power to pre-rework Freddy), but Legion is still stupidly weak, just like Wraith. As long as killers have to rely on survivor mistakes, they will always be weaker.
    2. He said leave "but what about killers" to another topic.
    3. Doesn't the meta of Adrenaline, BT, DS, DH/BL bore you from a survivor standpoint? I as a killer would love to see new perks in the limelight, like Distortion, We'll make it, or any number of perks that aren't those 4.
  • Raven014

I agree. I would love to see more perks in play. It just gets boring. Especially when playing legion, they're all injured, then the last gen goes and: suprise, they all have full health again... It's dumb...

• Raven014
    1. I'd love to see those statistics, because that just doesn't line up with my experience in the game. They probably put in Rank 20 to rank 1.
    2. He set up the thread.
    3. Well, yeah, but why should we change from certain perks if survivors rely on certain perks? I'd be way more in agreement if all perks were viable, but a lot of survivor perks are very underwhelming. Most killer perks are balanced and viable (in a niche way), although Remember Me is the one I think needs to be buffed. I'd be willing to not use NOED if every survivor didn't use Adrenaline, but wait, NOED can be deactivated beforehand. So it's a very small chance that my Adrenaline counter will actually work.
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited August 2019

Adredaline and balance landing its ok they dont need a nerf if you think of nerfing this 2 perks then killers perks need a nerf too

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Adrenaline and BL arent too strong other perks are too weak.

DH is good, but lithe and SB and just worse picks in terms of exhaustion.

The the only other good perks are BT, DS, and UB

after that you just have a bunch of ######### sub par perks.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

"We need to shake survivor meta, ASAP." is an euphemism for "nerf what i don't like to face because it makes me lose every time"

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited August 2019

Adrealine is fail-prof perk which gives you a huge advantage against killers who can't one-down. Gens are finished in most games, don't forget SWF element as well.

And Balanced landing opens up a lot of near infinities on 2 level maps.

If one perk overshadows others by large margin - it is wrong.