The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Perk Ideas: 7 Deadly Sins (Killer)

TheMythicalCat
TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175
edited August 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Greed: This perk is a Hex perk. Every perk that requires tokens has their effects happen one token sooner, and reduce maximum tokens by 3/2/1, minimum 1 token. For perks that have static changes (Save the Best for Last and Play With Your Food specifically), they gain 2x effect at one token and change normally after that (1 token = 10%, 2 tokens = 15%)

Lust: Bloodlust starts 5/10/15% sooner.

Pride: Every time you are stunned, gain a token, maximum of 4. For each token, your lunge distance is increased by 5%. Every time you lunge, lose a token.

Envy: Every time a generator is completed, all other generators lose 5/10/15% progress.

Gluttony: For each survivor that has been sacrificed, gain a token. For each token, all remaining survivors die 5/5/10% faster on the hook.

Sloth: When you are stunned, the survivor who stunned you will move 1/2/3% slower for the next 10 seconds.

Wrath: Every time a generator is completed, gain a token. For each token, all survivors gain 5/10/15% less speed after getting hit.

Post edited by TheMythicalCat on

Comments

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

Greed is a bit weird. It wouldn't do anything to perks like Devour Hope, and would make other perks like STBFL way too strong.

Envy is my favorite perk in this list. It's a simple yet interesting idea, and it would be great with Discordance, as survivors would be inclined to rush one gen at a time.

I'm not sure how I feel about a lot of these, as they mess with core game mechanics that might be too sensitive to change. Especially Pride, 4 extra meters on lunge just seems ridiculous. From my research, default lunge range seems to be 2.07 meters and T3 Myers lunge range is 3.45. A 6-8 meter lunge sounds crazy. Could you imagine a scratched mirror myers with a longer lunge than default T3 myers?

• TheMythicalCat
    TheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

For Greed, would making it so that the effects of Token perks happen 1 token sooner and reduce maximum tokens by 1? STBFL will go from 5% at 1 token to 10% and go up to 40% at 7 tokens, Devour would be 1 token for speed boost, 2 for insta-down and 4 for mori, ect. and making the perk itself a Hex Perk make it better? That way it still keeps the theme of Greed, makes it useful for all token perks, and still has counter play.

I underestimated how much a meter goes in terms of a lunge, I'll look at that.

And I don't think too many of the perks that mess around with mechanics that have remained unchanged will pose too much of a threat. Changing the Bloodlust timer seems simple enough, its a static number. Changing the token count may cause glitches, but the only way to know is if it's tested. Changing lunge range is doable, as shown by Myers, and slowing survivors when they get hit is as simple as applying the Hindered effect for the duration of the boost. The only one of these I can see causing problems glitch wise is Greed.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I don't mean it would be hard to change, I meant that changing them might upset the balance of the game. Take the speed boost after being attacked, for instance. If you reduce that by, say the 75% that it would be reduced by if the killer uses Wrath III after 5 gens, the survivor would have pretty much no chance of escaping the second hit, meaning there's no counter play.

Lust I suppose is fine, it's kinda like a mini PWYF in a way. The survivor can counter it with a safe pallet as usual but it'll just be a little harder to loop for longer.

Sloth could be countered the same way as Enduring, just drop the pallet early. Though I actually think this perk is really weak as is. 3% speed buff is barely anything. For comparison, the speed debuff from clown's gas, waterlogged shoe, and dream snares are all 15% I think. And keep in mind Hindered effects don't stack with each other.

As for Gluttony, I know monstrous shrine has a similar effect but I definitely wouldn't want to go against this as a solo survivor. Since the survivors don't know that the perk is active without paying close attention, they might not save in time. And in my experience with SoloQ, it already takes a very long time for people to save. There's no real counter play other than getting saved early, but you get punished for the mistakes your team makes rather than your own.

Making Greed a Hex doesn't seem to work well, and since you're decreasing the max amount of tokens in a perk, killers would have no reason to run it in the lower tiers. Tier 1 and 2 just make the perks weaker for a short term benefit. And once the Hex is destroyed, the perks suddenly increase their max tokens. It just seems a bit awkward to me for the perks to change in the middle of the game. It would be especially upsetting to have TWO totems that can be destroyed to cancel your Devour Hope effect at the worst time, or for you to kill your obsession when you have all 7 tokens only for the hex to be destroyed and then you're missing a token for the rest of the game. And what about TOTH, how would that work? In my opinion this perk would really only be useful for PWYF. I think that because the token perks work so differently from one another, you can't really make a single perk that can benefit all of them similarly.

Okay, scratch that, I just thought of an idea that might work. If you're dead set on making Greed the Open Handed of token perks, perhaps you could add 1 extra token, ignoring the max if the perk starts with max tokens, to the token perk at the start of the match, which can occur for up to 1/2/3 perks. The perks would be given tokens in order from left to right on the loadout menu so you can decide which perk gets the bonus if you don't have Tier 3. Also, don't make it a hex. This is the most balanced token-related effect I can think of.

Overall, some of these perks are a bit awkward or unbalanced but others are pretty good ideas and I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game.

• virtushda
    virtushda Member Posts: 17

I do not like Gluttony, that outright encourages tunnelling. The rest of the perks sound pretty cool though!

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

Most of these perks aren't balanced (really boost the lunge? Hotbox will be worst)

But dev need take a look

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

Interesting ideas, but why does gluttony say 5/5/10%?