Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

im tired of this staring contest with hatches

2»

Comments

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Amanda55 said:

@Hillbilly420 said:
    There was a fix in the last PTB but Survivor mains cried about it so we didn't get it.

Blame Survivors for why the hatch standoff is still a thing.

Really? I remember killers crying over the idea that if the hatch got shut it would finish all gens and power the exit gates. Lol they cried loud enough for that idea to not even make it into the ptb.

Actually, that change hasn't happened yet, they never said that version would be in the ptb. The hatch change, from what I understand, the original version wouldn't have even been in this ptb, so all these people claiming one side ruined the hatch change, etc. It's lies and finger pointing.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    edited July 2018
    steezo_de said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    steezo_de said:

@Beardedragon said:

@steezo_de said:

The hatch isn't causing any issues, at least for me. There are people that are willing to play the wait game. If you're not one of them, then move on. I'm definitely not one of them. I'll let them get hatch because it's not worth my time. I like the mechanic because sometimes I won't use Whispers and it will be THAT game that the remaining player wants to stealth the game up for 25 minutes. [BAD WORD] that. That's 15 minutes too long. Gimme hatch any day, all day... and then I'll give it to them if they don't jump in within 10 seconds.

once again do you prove that the hatch has issues, but you simply refuse to deal with that issue.

having the hatch is fair. but you're supposed to kill the survivors. thats your objective. you cant do that if you let him purposefully leave.

so when you say: i let them leave because i dont wanna do the waiting game (which is fair and i understand that), then the game has put you in a situation in which doing your objective is no longer prefered, and has thus failed. the hatch has failed as a mechanic, in that situation. (it works on other situations tho).

the hatch DOES have problems and issues. the issue isnt so much that people can escape, but simply this staring game. it should be fixed in a way that avoids it entirely, through some sort of means that allows them to get out, or allows them to be taken out.

so again, you're not supposed to "let them" get out, and if the game puts you in a situation where thats most beneficial for you so you can get to a new game, then the game and the hatch mechanic has failed as whole and should be revisited.

I just said the hatch isn't an issue for me... and I consider people that complain about the hatch stand off are straight up dumb for getting involved in a waiting game in the first place. Now if you want to play the game.. If you want to take this game so serious that you HAVE to kill that last existing survivor at all cost, then by all means have a great time, but then don't complain about it. What the [BAD WORD]. It's a 10 minute game and you will have many more.

The way I deal with the issue of giving the survivor a chance to escape? Hey.. the Entity gives them a chance and gives me the OPTION of staring or going.. and I say [BAD WORD] you Entity, I got other games to play! Failed objective? Uh yeah. So what, there's no leaderboard and no reason to take the game so serious that I'm willing to get upset about it. I move on.

And you sir, are a world class narcissist. Everyone just has to be Ok with it because YOU say it's dumb. I won't even argue that, because it is dumb, it's a dumb situation that shouldn't exist. It does, so we deal with it as is. That doesn't mean we have to accept it.

You can accept what you like, just don't expect people to accept piss as orange soda because you grabbed a big gulp

Yes, it's dumb to wait around for a game to end and complain about it when you have the CHOICE to leave. This is some next-gen mind game right here. It's ridiculous that people are complaining about a waiting game that they don't have to play.

If someone were to give me piss to drink. I'd choose not to drink it. Pretty simple decision I would think.

Dude, your already drunk on the piss  and don't even realize it.
  • steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,198

That first > @Dr_doom_j2 said:

steezo_de said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

steezo_de said:

@Beardedragon said:

@steezo_de said:

The hatch isn't causing any issues, at least for me. There are people that are willing to play the wait game. If you're not one of them, then move on. I'm definitely not one of them. I'll let them get hatch because it's not worth my time. I like the mechanic because sometimes I won't use Whispers and it will be THAT game that the remaining player wants to stealth the game up for 25 minutes. [BAD WORD] that. That's 15 minutes too long. Gimme hatch any day, all day... and then I'll give it to them if they don't jump in within 10 seconds.

once again do you prove that the hatch has issues, but you simply refuse to deal with that issue. having the hatch is fair. but you're supposed to kill the survivors. thats your objective. you cant do that if you let him purposefully leave. so when you say: i let them leave because i dont wanna do the waiting game (which is fair and i understand that), then the game has put you in a situation in which doing your objective is no longer prefered, and has thus failed. the hatch has failed as a mechanic, in that situation. (it works on other situations tho). the hatch DOES have problems and issues. the issue isnt so much that people can escape, but simply this staring game. it should be fixed in a way that avoids it entirely, through some sort of means that allows them to get out, or allows them to be taken out.

so again, you're not supposed to "let them" get out, and if the game puts you in a situation where thats most beneficial for you so you can get to a new game, then the game and the hatch mechanic has failed as whole and should be revisited.

I just said the hatch isn't an issue for me... and I consider people that complain about the hatch stand off are straight up dumb for getting involved in a waiting game in the first place. Now if you want to play the game.. If you want to take this game so serious that you HAVE to kill that last existing survivor at all cost, then by all means have a great time, but then don't complain about it. What the [BAD WORD]. It's a 10 minute game and you will have many more.

The way I deal with the issue of giving the survivor a chance to escape? Hey.. the Entity gives them a chance and gives me the OPTION of staring or going.. and I say [BAD WORD] you Entity, I got other games to play! Failed objective? Uh yeah. So what, there's no leaderboard and no reason to take the game so serious that I'm willing to get upset about it. I move on.

And you sir, are a world class narcissist. Everyone just has to be Ok with it because YOU say it's dumb. I won't even argue that, because it is dumb, it's a dumb situation that shouldn't exist. It does, so we deal with it as is. That doesn't mean we have to accept it.

You can accept what you like, just don't expect people to accept piss as orange soda because you grabbed a big gulp

Yes, it's dumb to wait around for a game to end and complain about it when you have the CHOICE to leave. This is some next-gen mind game right here. It's ridiculous that people are complaining about a waiting game that they don't have to play.

If someone were to give me piss to drink. I'd choose not to drink it. Pretty simple decision I would think.

Dude, your already drunk on the piss  and don't even realize it.

Welcome to the world of opposing views.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018

@Beardedragon said:
    because i already told you it has nothing to do with pride or greed.

No it totally is greed, because as I point you can still double pip.

You want a fix? Killer can't pull you out of the hatch anymore. Problem solved, now the survivor can just jump in.

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    What is really your problem with a balanced hatch? Like, why do you think two gens being done should equal auto escape? And if that is in fact what you believe, which is evidenced in your dismissal of any discussion involving a balanced hatch, why don't you just ask the devs for a free portal that spawns near the survivor when they are the last alive? Would it really be any different from resolving to leave the hatch as a free escape that is fairly out of the killers control except when slugging? Do survivors enjoy slugging so much, they will defend a broken mechanic so that they can bleed out every game? 

Why do you think not 5 gens done should be auto-4k?

Truth is it's not an auto-escape. Survivors have to do 2 gens collectively than ONLY ONE can take the hatch. If they have a key they have to do more gens, still not auto-escape. There is also the fact that survivor has to find the hatch too, which if only 2 gens are done won't happen until the last guy dies.

Either play so that hatch doesn't spawn or accept that a survivor might get away. Take some risk, stop asking for free 4k's every game.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    I would feel less cheated and slightly more comfortable as a killer if the hatch stand off happened AFTER 3 gens were complete and not just two. That way I can say they AT LEAST did half of the objective, but noooooo...
  • Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    edited July 2018

the mechanic still needs a change because its broken.

if a mechanic is broken it should be fixed.

everyone basically said they agreed with me on the fact that the hatch is broken from what i can read. sure they said they just let people go, and dont bother having a stare off, so they avoid the issue that way.

but thats basically the same thing as acknowledging that there is an issue, but you just ignore it and let your objective go because it takes too much time.

the hatch is broken (at that part only, im not interested in how many gens must be done etc), and whether you agree or not, you all basically pointed out that there IS an issue. whether you do a stand off or not, you can still be in the situation, and thats wrong. you've all seen it, so you know its possible to be in that ######### situation.

if i could upvote my own post i would, because im right.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Amanda55 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:
    snozer said:

you had your chance to slug at 2 people now you must give the survivor the hatch if they make it to it.... stop being greedy.

Stop acting like the Survivor is entitled to a Hatch escape because guess what, they aren’t. It’s not that hard to accept. You’re probably the type of person that will DC in order to give the Survivor the hatch and say “OUTPLAYED GG EZZZZZ!!!!” like an entitled little kid.

You aren't entitled a free kill either so stop acting like an entitled killer.

Where did you get that at? Lol stop trying to defend your free escape and actually try get good at Survivor.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited July 2018
    So... Why can't you just slug the second to last person again?
  • thesuicidefox
    edited July 2018

Just hit the guy, take the 3k and pip/2 pip, and move on. Why you gotta kill everyone when you already double pip? GREED no other reason. Don't give me excuses.

• SnakeSound222

Just hit the guy, take the 3k and pip/2 pip, and move on. Why you gotta kill everyone when you already double pip? GREED no other reason. Don't give me excuses.

The entitlement in this post is strong. 
  • Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

They did it right in the previous PTB:

who ever gets there first, gets the hatch - killer closes or survivor jumps through. its a very simple and quick fix.

• thesuicidefox
    edited July 2018

@SnakeSound222 said:

Says the guy that double pips but still wants a 4k. It's your ego that's keeping you from just hitting the guy to end the game.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

My last hatch standoff was last night on Badham, where the hatch was in the school basement. He stood in the path, so it wasn't even possible to get to it. It was also a Hillbilly, so ######### him. I did the CLOSEST generator to the hatch, and then stealthed around a bit. After he couldn't find me, and I didn't immediately take the hatch, he left to check exit gates and I got it. :|

There wasn't even any pallets left, so if he hit me with his saw I was doomed.

• Boot
    Boot Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2018

There is something you can do about it; Hit them. It takes two desperate people to create a standoff, a suvivor desperate to not get killed and a killer desperate not to lose a kill.

• Beardedragon

im still right though.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Oh my, I think I played against you the other day!!! Lery's and you were a built for basement camping Leatherface!!! You got Claudette and put here there, Dwight (?) then went for the save for the obvious Leatherface ending. Feng and me blew through 3 gens and you came after us. I snuck to the basement (not knowing you had Territorial) and well... ya all three of us down. You camped me (ofc, Leatherface quality play there) followed by me scoring a KOBE unhook. Redowned me. Searched the lockers for Feng... (LOL) and then left me slugged as you hunted Feng. You found the hatch... came back and hooked me. Then ran to the hatch as I died and guarded it as Feng walked up and you two began the stand off.

Ya, sorry. I think it was a tragedy that the hatch ruins your fun and engaging playstyle...

• SnakeSound222
    edited July 2018

@SnakeSound222 said:

Says the guy that double pips but still wants a 4k. It's your ego that's keeping you from just hitting the guy to end the game.

So you’re saying let the last guy go because he’s the last guy? Just because I’ve already pipped/double pipped does not mean I’m going to be a nice Killer and let the last one escape for no good reason. 
  • VexTheHex

@SnakeSound222 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

So you’re saying let the last guy go because he’s the last guy? Just because I’ve already pipped/double pipped does not mean I’m going to be a nice Killer and let the last one escape for no good reason. 

Remove Killer's grab from hatch ability but place a aura read on the last Survivor for the Killer. Now Survivor is about finding the hatch quickly and Killer is about catching the Survivor. Right now both just look for the hatch, and it's kind of a silly purpose on the Killer side... shouldn't he/she be hunting the Survivor and not the hatch? Add a constant or majority aura read going on to help the Killer out.

• Beardedragon

@VexTheHex said:
    Oh my, I think I played against you the other day!!! Lery's and you were a built for basement camping Leatherface!!! You got Claudette and put here there, Dwight (?) then went for the save for the obvious Leatherface ending. Feng and me blew through 3 gens and you came after us. I snuck to the basement (not knowing you had Territorial) and well... ya all three of us down. You camped me (ofc, Leatherface quality play there) followed by me scoring a KOBE unhook. Redowned me. Searched the lockers for Feng... (LOL) and then left me slugged as you hunted Feng. You found the hatch... came back and hooked me. Then ran to the hatch as I died and guarded it as Feng walked up and you two began the stand off.

Ya, sorry. I think it was a tragedy that the hatch ruins your fun and engaging playstyle...

me? i rarely play leatherface

• VexTheHex

@Beardedragon said:

@VexTheHex said:

Must be mistaken then, I did play with you as of late though. I recognize the name and have been grinding Jake boi to Prestige him. (rip my halloween goodies) I played like 4 matches the other day with 2 being a godly Hillbilly who was the same person, a Pig (prob you then), and that Leatherface match with the camp/hatch stand off. My bad, my story still indicates how some Killers use the hatch and create standoffs on their own accord as they hunt the hatch and stand on it. It really feels silly for that to be the goal of the Killers instead of getting the Survivor first.

So I still propose no "grab at hatch" interaction but Killer gets the Survivor's aura. Makes both sides more about the rush and getting their objective first rather than Killers sitting on the hatch.

• Beardedragon

@VexTheHex said:

@SnakeSound222 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

Remove Killer's grab from hatch ability but place a aura read on the last Survivor for the Killer. Now Survivor is about finding the hatch quickly and Killer is about catching the Survivor. Right now both just look for the hatch, and it's kind of a silly purpose on the Killer side... shouldn't he/she be hunting the Survivor and not the hatch? Add a constant or majority aura read going on to help the Killer out.

that wouldnt help the survivors or situation.

lets say the second last survivor gets hooked. then the killer simply camps that second last guy, because the moment the second last survivor dies, the killer gets an aura reading of the last survivor. that would be horrible, because the last survivor would quickly try and find the hatch to inevitably escape now that he has an aura around him, rather than actually trying to help the hooked survivor.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@VexTheHex said:

@Beardedragon said:

@VexTheHex said:

Must be mistaken then, I did play with you as of late though. I recognize the name and have been grinding Jake boi to Prestige him. (rip my halloween goodies) I played like 4 matches the other day with 2 being a godly Hillbilly who was the same person, a Pig (prob you then), and that Leatherface match with the camp/hatch stand off. My bad, my story still indicates how some Killers use the hatch and create standoffs on their own accord as they hunt the hatch and stand on it. It really feels silly for that to be the goal of the Killers instead of getting the Survivor first.

So I still propose no "grab at hatch" interaction but Killer gets the Survivor's aura. Makes both sides more about the rush and getting their objective first rather than Killers sitting on the hatch.

hmm.. well maybe i dont know. i actually made this post after a hatch stand off when i played the huntress. i actually DID win the stand off by throwing hatches against the guy who tried to bait but regardless of the win, it made me realize that the mechanic was flawed.

i agree though. when one survivor is left i search for the hatch too. i dont want the stand off but i know they will search for it too, so if i find it, maybe they're near it.

and yea if it was a godly hillbilly, it wasnt me. i only have high level on the Pig and the Wraith. and when i say high level i mean 30 ish. i get in to groups that tend to smash me as the pig mostly.

• VexTheHex
    edited July 2018

@Beardedragon said:

@VexTheHex said:

@SnakeSound222 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

lets say the second last survivor gets hooked. then the killer simply camps that second last guy, because the moment the second last survivor dies, the killer gets an aura reading of the last survivor. that would be horrible, because the last survivor would quickly try and find the hatch to inevitably escape now that he has an aura around him, rather than actually trying to help the hooked survivor.

Hmm, true. Many Killers do often camp their 2nd to last catch though hoping the Survivor will go for the save anyways. They know they are winning at that point and the last Survivor can only do so much on his or her own by that point.

The Hatch is flawed, but the last Survivor or two do need motivation to not give up. Closing the hatch was good in theory, but it was very faulty as Killers have bigger map presence than Survivors and can find it faster and more likely during the match itself. The 3rd fix was also heavily flawed as it rewarded Survivors to just go camp the door and wait for the Killer to stomp the hatch shut.

Not sure if there really is a solution.

• Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@VexTheHex said:

@Beardedragon said:

@VexTheHex said:

@SnakeSound222 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

Hmm, true. Many Killers do often camp their 2nd to last catch though hoping the Survivor will go for the save anyways. They know they are winning at that point and the last Survivor can only do so much on his or her by that point.

The Hatch is flawed, but the last Survivor or two do need motivation to not give up. Closing the hatch was good in theory, but it was very faulty as Killers have bigger map presence than Survivors and can find it faster and more likely during the match itself. The 3rd fix was also heavily flawed as it rewarded Survivors to just go camp the door and wait for the Killer to stomp the hatch shut.

Not sure if there really is a solution.

i think there are solutions

like, let the killer grab or insta down survivors X meters within the hatch, when its open ofc, so it only applies to the last. that way at least the stand off would not exist.

all in all, the hatch isnt something that the survivor MUST use to get out, they can still do gens. and this way the killer can actually avoid the stand off entirely.

another way and probably my favorite is, that the hatch requires a small "repair" timer. you progress it, like when you use the normal gates or a generator. just give it small 10 seconds. that way the survivor cant jump through the killer between the recovery time, but the hatch is still faster than going through the last generators and then powering the gate.

• Dr_doom_j2

@Beardedragon said:

You want a fix? Killer can't pull you out of the hatch anymore. Problem solved, now the survivor can just jump in.

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    What is really your problem with a balanced hatch? Like, why do you think two gens being done should equal auto escape? And if that is in fact what you believe, which is evidenced in your dismissal of any discussion involving a balanced hatch, why don't you just ask the devs for a free portal that spawns near the survivor when they are the last alive? Would it really be any different from resolving to leave the hatch as a free escape that is fairly out of the killers control except when slugging? Do survivors enjoy slugging so much, they will defend a broken mechanic so that they can bleed out every game? 

Truth is it's not an auto-escape. Survivors have to do 2 gens collectively than ONLY ONE can take the hatch. If they have a key they have to do more gens, still not auto-escape. There is also the fact that survivor has to find the hatch too, which if only 2 gens are done won't happen until the last guy dies.

Either play so that hatch doesn't spawn or accept that a survivor might get away. Take some risk, stop asking for free 4k's every game.

Missed the forest for the tree's again I see. Oh look, you missed your point too.

The hatch stand off is only the specific situation in which the killer and survivor are both staring at each other over the hatch. It is not when one person has a key and enough gens are done, and everyone escapes. We aren't discussing that, I don't care about that.

A hatch standoff can Only happen when the survivor and killer are both aware that the hatch is close by, that both are aware that each other are aware of it's location, when the survivor finds the hatch and happen to be in the killers TR, or when the killer finds the hatch first, because if he finds it and doesn't camp it, the survivor will search the area the killers TR is in and just rush knowing even if the killer catches up, there is literally nothing he can do if the survivor doesn't make an unsafe jump.

The fact that it is to the killers disadvantage, yet also necessary for the killer to find the hatch should tell you HOW ridiculous it is as a mechanic

And are you going to sit here and tell me dude, that a group of 4 survivors are supposed to have trouble getting two gens finished before you kill three of them? Stop making up Bullshit for the sake of argument. I mean really, unless you exclusively play HillBilly or are extremely good at nurse, how many games do you have where less than at least two gens are finished by the time you get 3 survivors dead on hook(he'll, include mori games if you must)?

And then you say that the survivor can't possibly know where the hatch is unless the second to last is dead..... Nothing smarmy or smart here, do you actually know the conditions under which the hatch, at first spawns, and secondly, opens? If 2 gens are done and two are alive, both can see the hatch before it even opens, allowing for plans to be made. In SWF, this is essentially a 100% free escape for one, especially if they thought to bring maps or hell, have any game knowledge. The hatch spawns aren't that numerous.

But even in the average scenario with no comms, it's still a free escape. 

You ask why I think 5 gens not done should equal 4k? Well I don't necessarily, but I think that doing gens is your objective, and having failed that objective should mean you are no longer in a position of safety from your possible consequence. The hatch is just a bit too much of a safety net, that is all.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Why can't they just give sole survivor a ridiculously OP buff to gen fix speeds and rework HOPE to activate whenever that hatch opens, then it won't be redundant with ADRENALINE (although I know they stack in a way, which wouldn't even be effected because this only works) of course the speed bonus should be smaller, but it should also be active for longer, if not indefinitely.

Make the gen repair when sole survivor activates to have a function similar to how BNP's are now, except of course you can leave the gen when you want, so maybe space out the skill checks and have a constant gen repair speed go along with the huge bonuses you get from hitting skill checks, that way it doesn't hurt you to leave if you fear the killers aproach.

I think this would make the end game exciting, then we could include closing the hatch to power all gens and it wouldn't be broken because it is in the killers power to make a choice now whether he wants to conceded the doors to close the auto escape, and survivors don't solely have to prey on that to survive
  • Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    If I’m killer and the survivor finds the hatch then they win, oh well. I’ve had a chance to stop them from finding it and I failed. 

lol @ removing hatch. Nah. If I’m on a garbage team and there are 3 gens left then give me a shot at hatch.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Amanda55 said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@Beardedragon said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Missed the forest for the tree's again I see. Oh look, you missed your point too.

The hatch stand off is only the specific situation in which the killer and survivor are both staring at each other over the hatch. It is not when one person has a key and enough gens are done, and everyone escapes. We aren't discussing that, I don't care about that.

A hatch standoff can Only happen when the survivor and killer are both aware that the hatch is close by, that both are aware that each other are aware of it's location, when the survivor finds the hatch and happen to be in the killers TR, or when the killer finds the hatch first, because if he finds it and doesn't camp it, the survivor will search the area the killers TR is in and just rush knowing even if the killer catches up, there is literally nothing he can do if the survivor doesn't make an unsafe jump.

The fact that it is to the killers disadvantage, yet also necessary for the killer to find the hatch should tell you HOW ridiculous it is as a mechanic

And are you going to sit here and tell me dude, that a group of 4 survivors are supposed to have trouble getting two gens finished before you kill three of them? Stop making up Bullshit for the sake of argument. I mean really, unless you exclusively play HillBilly or are extremely good at nurse, how many games do you have where less than at least two gens are finished by the time you get 3 survivors dead on hook(he'll, include mori games if you must)?

And then you say that the survivor can't possibly know where the hatch is unless the second to last is dead..... Nothing smarmy or smart here, do you actually know the conditions under which the hatch, at first spawns, and secondly, opens? If 2 gens are done and two are alive, both can see the hatch before it even opens, allowing for plans to be made. In SWF, this is essentially a 100% free escape for one, especially if they thought to bring maps or hell, have any game knowledge. The hatch spawns aren't that numerous.

You ask why I think 5 gens not done should equal 4k? Well I don't necessarily, but I think that doing gens is your objective, and having failed that objective should mean you are no longer in a position of safety from your possible consequence. The hatch is just a bit too much of a safety net, that is all.

Well what are survivors supposed to do then? Just run to the killer and say here is your free kill?

I dont know, I guess accept the fact they were outplayed? Seems like that burden solely belongs to the killer most times though.

On a less catty note, there are a very many solutions to this problem. Several suggestions made by people who weren't competing in loudest autistic screech were making smart suggestions and actually looking for balance. 

But you know what, don't at me no more. You weren't looking for an answer to your question, you just want to look smart at someone else's expense. It's a very common thing around here, hell, I'll say I probably even done it once or twice.

That ######### isn't cool, we aren't showing any respect for anyone else's thoughts and intelligence. What little information and novel ideas there are in this forum, they are lost amongst the sea of BS and rhetoric, people repeating the same sentiment over and over, everyone missing everyone's point (or people disingenuously moving the yardstick) and a whole lot of logical extensions and fallacies. Meanwhile the devs wouldn't give much of a ######### about what us fans of their game think about it. They dole out change when they feel threatend or when DLC is around the corner to be profited from.

So my question to everyone still arguing the same tired Bullshit back and fourth that we've been arguing for a year(quite a few of us much more than that) 

WHY ARE WE HERE?
  • Beardedragon
    edited July 2018

@Amanda55 said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

@Beardedragon said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:

Well what are survivors supposed to do then? Just run to the killer and say here is your free kill?

maybe do your god damn objective and finish the last generators? why do you sound like you're SUPPOSED to get the hatch just because your team died?

if that was the case they might as well change the hatch entirely so that the last survivor gets insta teleported beyond the gates and out.

you dont NEED to use the hatch, and you arent entitled to insta jump through the killer when he hits you and poof you go, in to Alice in wonderlands rabbithole.

but you know what? this discussion was never really about whether the hatch is fair or not. it was about how we entirely avoid this stand off mechanic.