The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Make Bamboozle base.

Omans
Omans Member Posts: 1,081

I don't see a downside to making Bamboozle a base skill.

M1 killers are the killers lacking right now, due to being looped. Top red-rank killers almost always have bamboozle equipped anyways because of how strong a perk it is.

It doesn't seem like it would be overly strong, either. It can be mind-gamed (as a Survivor if you know a killer is going to go to the window immediately to bamboozle it you can just continue to the next area).

It has the potential to make chases shorter if you are a good killer, and frees up another perk slot for M1 killers.

Can anyone think of any downsides to this possible change? As an M1 killer you are significantly weaker without bamboozle, and as a Survivor it doesn't take away your ability to mind-game. I play both sides equally and I think this would be a welcome change.

Comments

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Nah, too many changes would come. Bamboozle would become one of the dozen of perks that need a rework, entity blocker should be removed (and i'm sure they would mess up something else doing it), meta game totally twisted (people would start up running lithe), major killers skill downfall and probably it's not even fair.

• My_Farewell
    My_Farewell Member Posts: 495

No

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited August 2019

As a player who uses bamboozle a lot that would be far too much and require a rework of a ton of loops to compensate for it. Even if it was only for a few seconds it would break a TON of window loops

Most notably the killer shack.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Make self care base skill.

As it is, using it without buffs is a waste of time. Having it base would make it useful.

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482

Make Bamboozle base!! That’s funny XD

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Never in a million years would that be healthy for the game.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Hmm, a lot of comments who didn't read the post, but okay! In high ranks bamboozle is used in probably about 95% of non-meme'ing m1 killer builds. In high rank play it is assumed that every m1 killer has bamboozle. I don't see how this would change much of anything in regular red-rank gameplay.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

That is the least healthy suggestion for the game I've ever heard.

I'd say that's the equivalent to saying dead hard should be base kit for every survivor. Both allow extra loops and distance. Neither would be healthy for the game.

• michaelkhj
    michaelkhj Member Posts: 77

I don't think is a good idea, because if bamboozle gets to be a base skill, then survivors will bring the idea of Unbreakable being a base skill for them, because slugging, unless you want to give them unlimited unbreakable..

• CatHound22
    CatHound22 Member Posts: 15

I'd just be happy if Bamboozle didn't make a sound when used, so you could actually trick survivors.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

That would be a bad idea. I know there are windows like Ironworks and Haddonfield buildings that deserve to get looked at. It wouldn't be a healthy change for the game as it encourages killers to just bamboozle any window rather than learn to read survivors and mindgame.

Though if you can't figure out how to mindgame other windows like L and T walls, then that's on you. I personally don't use Bamboozle cause I know how to mindgame survivors and I do just fine, even as a M1 killer. I do get tempted to put it on after a game on Ironworks and Wretched Shop, but never do.

If you're having issues with windows on jungle gyms, then my only advice is to learn how to chase around that time. Some people have posted tutorials on youtube about how to most effectively chase around jungle gyms.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,043

Bamboozle is basically intended for really strong Loops containing Windows. BHVR has the tendency to give Perks as Counters to Game Mechanics, Bamboozle is one of them.

But, Bamboozle is also used on Structures, where it is not needed at all. When I see a Killer run Bamboozle, I know that it is a Killer who is not that good at chases. You can mindgame a lot of Stuff. Bamboozle is for those people who just follow and want the Pallet to be dropped early.

It would only really help bad Killer Players, those kind of people, who think that they need to break every Pallet on the Map and complain about too many Pallets and getting genrushed afterwards...

They need to rework some of the Structures (Iron Works-Window, back Window on Torment Creek, Bullshit Window on Rancid Abattoir), but not give a Perk Baseline, which will help to block off even weak locations.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

No

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

On I personal note, I wouldn't want this. If Bamboozle is your cup of tea and you feel like it's worth a perk slot, the more power to you. Go nuts. Use it all you want. For me, I find the game to be more interesting without it. If it were baseline, tiles like the shack would become regular old loops. The second you get there, the killer vaults the window, now you've only got the pallet.

I would rather have interesting chases where I can mindgame at the window. e.g. Survivor's looping the shack window. I vault it, then vault back. They started running around and they have no LOS. By the time they realize, I'm only a few meters away from them and they can't get back to the window in time so they have to throw down the pallet.

• sluc16
    sluc16 Member Posts: 535

This is a huge no no

• FlipRickyDonks
    FlipRickyDonks Member Posts: 12

This is not a great idea. Having Bamboozle as a base ability would present so many problems it would not even be funny. The perk would need a rework for starters. This would kill looping at T and L walls and force some loops to end early that should not when not running this perk. The fact is, this would save the killer far too much time for no perk slot.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,925

They should just make Bloodlust more dangerous.

Bloodlust increases movement speed by 5 % for each Tier.

Increase vaulting speed, breaking speed, lunge speed etc. as well and there won't be any need for Bamboozle being basekit. Also, Bamboozle takes away the fun which is called a mindgame. If it just made vaulting faster but didn't block windows it would be an ok perk.

Watched Tofu's video where he talks about Bamboozle and Spirit Fury and he had this thought.