Blood Web Changes = New Legacy Skins?

Options
2»

Comments

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764
    Options

Agreed. I proposed a fix that they themselves wanted to try a year ago or so.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Tbh, Legacy is just a placeholder, it could be anything, a "new legacy" even. BPs, or Auric Cells.

But yeah, the health of the game is more important than skins. I left for 2 months cause of the matchmaking personally, it was too long and overall a lot of things have changed since 2 months have passed... But is it enough for me to casually play again? Or even "competitively?" No... sadly no...

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

:(

• Caretaker
    Options

I mentioned that in my previous thread too. Any kind of compensation would be fine. Just fix the grind, Tier 1 perks. Recycler.

• FireHazard
    Options

Well, we won't know what will happen till something big comes out I suppose.

• Caretaker
    Options

Sadly, I doubt it'll ever happen. They'll keep dropping excuses that are easily debunked about how the grind hurts x players, and this will fix everything. They know how grind the bad is, probably assume that's what keeps a lot of people playing. With a fixed grind though people would and could play more. Newer players wouldn't be so turned off either.

• FireHazard
    Options

Exactly, cause without a grind in-general, the game is pointless to play. So why make the main point of your game so... boring? I guess. Like, its boring to grind for hours and hours and hours to get one character P3-50. I'd probably have more fun actually if it was easier to do so, or at the very least not requiring me to no-life most of the time.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

It’s easy to say when you’ve played this game for less than a year and “I have approximately 500-600 hours..”

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

I feel like I need this on copy-paste, but here goes:

I've played World of Warcraft since 2007. I am exalted with all but two of the 100+ reputation factions in the game, a long-term grind that took multiple years of concerted effort.

If Blizzard were to announce an easier revision or a complete overhaul to the reputation system, I would understand, because it's a pretty outdated garbage system, and it could stand to be much more player-friendly in a lot of places. I would not expect a reward, because this is something I freely chose to do with my time. An overhaul would be good for the health of the game, which is way more important in the long-term than upsetting some immature players.

It's just a video game. The time and effort spent playing it is not a life accomplishment. I don't need some cool exclusive skin to pacify me, because nothing is being taken away, and a positive change to the game is nothing to be upset over in the first place.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

"Sighs"

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Options

So in the same context nothing is being taken away if the devs DID decide to give a skin to those heavy grinders, then there is absolutely no reason you should be against it as well. How does that logic sound?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

The point I'm trying to make is that people think they're owed something special for the time spent. That puts extra burden on Behaviour to make some special-as-hell thing for a small number of players, and these kinds of entitled player demands probably make them skittish about considering more sweeping changes along these lines.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Legacy will never come back.

• Sean
    Sean Member Posts: 107
    Options

If they do give us a new cosmetic for this they better let me know ahead of time so I can prestige the people I currently have at P2 and P1 just so I can get the outfits

• Creator
    Creator Member Posts: 360
    Options

I really hope that ultra-rare and brown perks return to the game again.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328
    edited August 2019
    Options

I don't hope they will do that. It's unfair for people who max out characters but don't prestige (because prestige is totally optional and isn't required). Still those people also endured the grind the game has.

If the devs do something, I think ALL players in this game should get the same reward. Maybe like giving people x amount of shards to buy a skin of their choosing in the store (or some auric shells if they are really generous).

But to be honest, I think it's entitled to expect something because you grinded to P3 all your characters. I don't think the devs should do anything for the bloodweb change.

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

Jesus, everyone screaming didn't read the post. He doesn't want legacy back. He wants something similar for the newest characters. As an original LP2 Claudette, I'd love to get something similar to Legacy for my Ace/Kate and Spirit.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

When you typed "They are not going to bring back legacy skins" you forgot "They are not going to bring back legacy skins in any form"

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

As you said, legacy rewarded the huge grind that prestiging was. As you'll note from the changes, the amount of bloodpoints to prestige isn't changing, just the amount of perks you collect per level.

Therefore the only thing that is easier is collecting all/useful perks on a character that hits 50, and there's no real reason to only reward people with every perk if others stopped due to having the build they wanted.

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

There has been more bloodweb changes along the time

• Caretaker
    edited August 2019
    Options

Regardless of compensation, this change is not a healthy change. It doesn't help new players like people claim or even BHVR claims. It's a really poor bandaid fix to appease people so they stop asking. They have been saying they'd fix the grind for over a year now. An entire year has gone by with people begging them to consider how much content in terms of perks and grind is going to be added, and this is what we get? Not to mention word that they'd be cutting back on BP events awhile ago?

This whole "BP Economy" excuse doesn't work either. There are people who will literally just funnel BP into a single killer/survivor and have tons of addons anyway. A P3 fresh release killer isn't a problem, nor is a 50 killer that's new with all perks/a full loadout. Why would anyone want to or think that's a good way to judge the killer? You have to struggle to get builds/perks unlocked to test out and that could take an insane amount of time.

Lower addon rarity so they show up even less. Make prestige % to get rarer items more than just what? 3%? Gives incentive to grind out and prestige, fixes the "BP Economy" myth/issue, and new players can get into the game, get their perks/loadouts, and catch up to the people with hundreds or even thousands of hours.

I stand by it, Tier 1 perks, and a recycler to get back 50% BP. I'd be ok with 25% even. As for what Peanits said in my thread about new players maxing out at 14 and not getting new perks. Most of the base pool perks for both sides are awful bar a few, and even they probably realize that. As you get more perks unlocked they feel even worse to get so seeing trash perks up to 40+ doesn't feel good or rewarding. It's more like relief they're gone.

Easy fix is to make perks show up every 2 levels up to 30. Start with the base 3 teachables, then every 2 levels you get a perk. At 30 you get a teachable, at 32 you get another perk, then 35 another teachable, then 40 your final teachable. At this point you'd probably level another character to unlock their perks. There you have a meaningful grind that doesn't take thousands of hours to complete. It encourages people to grind, removes the fear/issues with grinding out prestige, and makes the game healthier as a whole.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053
    Options

people need to stop begging for more legacy

• FireHazard
    Options

I agree, that's also why I said above "It doesn't really matter if legacy skins ever come back, let alone anything exclusive, it would just be a nice little bonus"

Nobody reads anything anymore huh?

• FireHazard
    Options

And it doesn't matter if it does, its just a scenario, not a theory or speculation.

Would you care to build upon that statement though as to why you believe that to be true? That was kinda the entire point of the post, its literally said that the end there. I guess you could say though "That is an opinion though, so why do I need to build upon it?" and if that's the case, then whatever. It would just be nice to read more about your reason behind it.

• FireHazard
    Options

Never begged for it, please read the post instead of skimming through the parts you disagree with.

• FireHazard
    Options

They must of been so small that I never even noticed them...

• FireHazard
    Options

@Redcum Thank you for actually reading the post.

I guess I should also say though that it doesn't really matter if we ever get anything "exclusive" again, this entire post is just to build upon a scenario where that could happen from a blood-web overhaul.

If it did, that'd be cool though...

• FireHazard
    Options

If they did do something similar to what happened with Legacy in 2016, then we'd probably get the same deadline like they did.

A set month, a set day, and between that is basically random.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited August 2019
    Options

Theres a difference about youre thoughts for the legacy skins the old bloodweb was insane very difficult to lvl up and find the perfect perks i could take ages to prestige some characters now the new change that its coming to the game they wont give legacy skin heres why

. There was only for the old bloodweb and only 1 time

. Ppl ask alot for at least a different legacy they answer its no cuz it was 1 time only for those that had hard time to lvl up

. And the last part its that this current bloodweb its not that hard