BNP Rework Suggestions

NMCKE
NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
So recently on the last PTB, BNP got reworked or as most survivors mains may call it... A heavy nerf. I agree with the BNP change and I feel like there's more counterplay against such a powerful add-on. Now, I feel like the nerf was a little too much, notice how I said LITTLE. I'm not asking for much but I want your opinions on my ideas, please take this with a grain of salt.

Rework 1:

Brand New Part: 

This intricate mechanical part feels oddly out of place. It is clean and shiny as if straight out of the factory.

• Tremendously increases repair speed.
Rework 2:

Brand New Part: 

This intricate mechanical part feels oddly out of place. It is clean and shiny as if straight out of the factory.

• Toolbox Repair action is replaced with Install Brand New Part.
  • Installing the Brand New Part will cause a skill check to appear every 2 seconds.
  • Good skill checks will will add a instant 5% progression. (There won't be any great success zones just good success zones)
  • Once you have repaired a total of 100%, this action will stop and the add-on will be consumed.
  • This Add-on will also be consumed if the Install Brand New Part is interrupted.

Rework 3:

Brand New Part: 

• Toolbox Repair action is replaced with Install Brand New Part.
  • Installing the Brand New Part will cause a skill check to appear every 2 seconds.
  • Great skill checks will add a instant 10% progression and good skill checks will will add a instant 5% progression.
  • Once you have repaired a total of 50%, this action will stop and the add-on will be consumed.
  • This Add-on will also be consumed if the Install Brand New Part is interrupted.

Rework 4:

Brand New Part: 

• Good skill checks will now count as great skill checks.
  • Slightly increases item consumption.
Rework 5:

Brand New Part: 

• Considerably increases repair speed.
  • Great skill checks will provide a instant 5% progression bonus.

Which rework do you all prefer? Do you have any BNP rework ideas? Please let me know!

Constructive feedback is always appreciated while non-constructive feedback isn't welcomed. :)

Comments

• HP_Refill
    HP_Refill Member Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    I like rework 2 & 3👍🏼 I feel like rework 4 & 5 aren’t so good though since you have to get those skill checks in the first place. I’ve repaired gens before with only a total of 2 skillchecks.
  • NMCKE
    HP_Refill said:
    I like rework 2 & 3👍🏼 I feel like rework 4 & 5 aren’t so good though since you have to get those skill checks in the first place. I’ve repaired gens before with only a total of 2 skillchecks.
    Keep in mind that rework 1, 4, & 5 don't use up the Brand New Part add-on after completing a generator or interrupting the repair action, it's on your toolbox until you use your toolbox up.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Sadly, survivors missed their chance to change the numbers of the BNP nerf, by not participating in the PTB. 
    After all, that's the point of the PTB. To test changes and adjust the numbers accordingly to the test results.
  • NMCKE
    Tsulan said:
    Sadly, survivors missed their chance to change the numbers of the BNP nerf, by not participating in the PTB. 
    After all, that's the point of the PTB. To test changes and adjust the numbers accordingly to the test results.
    I feel like even if we voiced our opinion, the developers wouldn't listen to us even if it was valid.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Nickenzie said:
    Tsulan said:

I feel like even if we voiced our opinion, the developers wouldn't listen to us even if it was valid.

Not? So killers can close the hatch right now?
    If people would have played on the PTB, the outcome could have been different. Just like it was with the hatch.

• NMCKE
    Tsulan said:

Not? So killers can close the hatch right now?
    If people would have played on the PTB, the outcome could have been different. Just like it was with the hatch.

The reason that the developers didn't go through with the hatch changes is because it wouldn't solve the problem that they was looking for. The first version caused the last survivor to play musical lockers in where they basically do nothing but stealth which would lead to games lasting WAY TOO LONG. The second version changed the hatch standoff to the exit gate standoff because the killer would tightly patrol the exit gates which would lead to long durations where nothing isn't happening just like the first version. It's not about how much we voice our opinion because literally everyone complained about the SB exhaustion nerf (Including Killer Mains) yet the developers still decided to implement it to the live build. They don't just listen to us, they have a DbD team chat to see if the changes are really the best way to go and they even stated on the "Mid-patch Discussion"... We feel like this is fair in general. It didn't feel good as a killer to see the survivor use a exhaustion perk twice in a chase... Even with all the negative feedback, the developers can still go through with it and vice versa, even with all the positive feedback, the developers can still not go with it.