Is Freddy looking at a Nerf?

Options
LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 8,029
edited August 2019 in General Discussions

As an OG Freddy main, it took me Abit to finally give new Freddy a chance. After finally doing so however...I'm noticing some crazy high results. As much as I'd love to think I'm just a Freddy god or something and this is the perfect fit for me... I'm skeptical. Is anyone else noticing unnormally higher results than what your use to playing as Freddy than as other killers? Should I expect a Nerf bat to come swinging soon?

Comments

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    Options

I heard there may be a snare nerf.

• Hey_Its_James
    Hey_Its_James Member Posts: 70
    Options

I'm praying to god no, since I've yet to equip him with good perks, and I didn't see anyone talking about him, so I think he's safe

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

No need to nerf Freddy. Just wish they would make the pallets base kit and the traps an addon. Pallets are fun. I even like them when I play survivor. Nice surprise sometimes.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696
    Options

Yea got to rank 1 twice now, Old freddy was good but this freddy can just hit harder and gens take forever with the right synergy builds, Really am liking him a whole bunch. Been playing trapper a lot lately to high rank and I've just been doing so much better. High ranks ain't so bad. Hope he isn't nerfed but I think they would've done that by now. Also fake Pallets kinda suck imo

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

I think Freddy is just in the sweet spot I'd want a killer to be in. He's strong, has pressure but has weaknesses. Ain't god tier but ain't Legion tier either.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I don't think anyone is really complaing about him. I really hope they don't nerf him, that's for sure. He seems to be in a perfect place balance wise.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,691
    Options

There is no reason to nerf Freddy. He's in a pretty good place now, but no way is he overpowered.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited August 2019
    Options

Nah man it's just your inner Freddy main taking the wheel and kicking a""

No nerf needed

Edit: The word censor isn't working so I'll censor it myself before I get banned :/

• LordGlint
    Options

I haven't had a team power the gens for like 10 games now. The last time it happened, was cuz I LET them, due to 3 BPS being used. I'm now at rank 2 and still getting alot of 32k double pip games.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,691
    Options

Snaps for you man. Just enjoy it. No need to be paranoid about a nerf.

• Ukonvasara
    Ukonvasara Member Posts: 65
    Options

Yeah, man. As others have said there haven't been any info about Freddy getting nerfed, AFAIK, it's Nurser's add-ons that are first on the list of things getting nerfed.

• LordGlint
    Options

I hope so, although I can see room for 1 small Nerf as well as a QOL buff.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

Good Survivors have learned his Dream Pallets power well enough that it's borderline useless now. His Block addons are worthless anyways - so half of New Freddy's addons are suboptimal.

His Dream Snares shorten loops, but don't mitigate them, much like the Clown's. Honestly, I think the reason he's doing so well is that Freddy is basically a Clown with some degree of map control. He hinders survivors in loops and makes them waste pallets like mad, but unlike the Clown, he can literally teleport across the map instantly. I'd say he's the ultimate M1 Chaser killer. They can't make one better than he is, and he shows the full extend of an M1 killer's power. That is to say, he's simply B+ / A tier. He'll never be more, and he'll almost always lose to a group of people who know what they're doing.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Wouldn't mind his block addons to get a change in effect. Right now there is no reason to take them over his other addons, which are so much better.

Don't forget his terrific mind games he can pull of though with his generator teleport. It can be situational, but it's really powerful when it can be pulled of.

I don't think he'll almost always lose against a group of peope that know what they are doing. He seems to be in a perfect spot balance wise.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

No reason to nerf Freddy at all. He is far away from Nurse, Billy & Spirit and doesn't stand a chance against very good groups. He is nice against mediocre survivors, though.

• LordGlint
    edited August 2019
    Options

I tend to just stick to the rope, dress and swing chain add-ons. I'll use paint brush every now and then too. His base power is enough for me to not really care much about add-ons, so the ones I use just help slow things down Abit passively. While I agree that the pallets are overrated, what I do with those snares makes him VERY overbearing and even the best loops become a joke. Run me through the ironworks building, I dare ya.

Btw, doesn't the drawing add-ons already have the effect you want to give the block add-ons, but more potent?

• LordGlint
    Options

I keep hearing that, so... Im just gonna keep doin my thing and slaughtering every team I face like cattle, waiting for the "good" players that can counter me. I guess this just suits me or something and it's just my crazy skills shining through. My current winning streak using him just made me wanna check if anyone else is noticing similar numbers.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited August 2019
    Options

Removing Bloodlust after using a snare is the only thing I believe they've talked about fixing before.

I believe they'll leave his ability alone for the most part to give higher ranks more killers to play with.

• LordGlint
    Options

You play on PC? If so, I'll keep an eye out for ya, would be fun to face someone I DONT steamroll over without even slowing down.

• LordGlint
    Options

Was thinking the same about the bloodlust. Doc and Clown lose it when using their powers, but Freddy doesn't.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,637
    Options

Freddy is in a good spot. If all Killer reworks end up at this level of Strength, it would be pretty decent.

Regarding High Results: If you mean BP, I see a lot of Freddys getting 32k BP. Seems like he is really good at farming.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768
    Options

I love new Freddy, to play and to play against, i think he's fine.

• LordGlint
    Options

I'm getting alot of 32k, 4 iri emblem games. My kill rate is at like 90%, and only because I don't bother slugging for a 4k, unless I can start chasing the last guy right away.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

I'm so pleased so many people think he is perfectly balanced. I'm so looking forward to not having to hear "BiLLy iS tHe MoSt BaLanCeD KiLLeR iN tHe GaMe" like its an indisputable fact.

I'm cheering for you Freddy!

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

The only thing with freddy that needs a nerf is dream snares and it might actuelly hapen.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    Options

@Jonathanskilz - Why do you think dream snares need a nerf? they feel just right to me.

• LordGlint
    Options

Those things were such a surprise to me. I assumed they'd suck when I first saw them.

• LordGlint
    Options
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,637
    Options

The Pallets are fun, but against good Survivors, the Snares are better. Good Survivors will not fall for the Pallets.

When new Freddy launched, I was also not sure if it is so good to have a brown Add-On for the Pallets, because they seemed quite strong. After some while, I got used to them and they dont make that many problems anymore. It is maximum 1 Hit because of a Fake Pallet, after that, you will know that he is using Fake Pallets (if you did not notice it before, because there are more Pallets than there should be).

• LordGlint
    Options

I figured the hint of fake pallets would be that he's not spamming out snares, lol

• LordGlint
    Options

I mostly came on here to see if other ppls experience and kill rates matched mine. I'm curious what his stats are.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    Options

@Thaznar - If his success rate is lower than that of Nurse, Spirit or tHe MoSt BaLanCeD KiLLeR iN tHe GaMe then they absolutely must not nerf him. We've got three killers at the top, we need four.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

Make it so freddy cant put them sooooo close to echoter because they can kill the loop extremly fast. Give it a 6 seconds cooldown because all you need to do is spam it and you get a free hit in a loop asuming surviver dont leave it.

Pallets are fine they only work if surviver drop the pallet good survivers dont drop pallets. only good for endgame with you dont really want it to be.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

No, he doesn't need any nerfs, a group of survivors that can deal with Dream Snares/Dream Pallets can beat him easily.

People say about how godlike Dream Snares are, but against good survivors, even them aren't much better than Dream Pallets, 15% slow down isn't that much and survivors can still make it to the pallet with the optimal route.

Remember, Scott Jund got a 32 winstreak with Speed Limiter Cannibal, but you don't see any people arguing that Speed Limiter Cannibal needs a nerf because of that 😆.

• LordGlint
    Options

My big thing is I wish they'd let me see the aura of my dream projection clone, so I would know which direction I'll be facing when I teleport. It's very jarring.

• Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

the only thing i can imagine getting nerfed is the rarity of the dream pallets. and probably a deletion to the white/brown (a.k.a. common) fake pallets add-on.

anything else would be stupid

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 576
    edited August 2019
    Options

Fredy needs a nerf to install traps, he should stop to installing them fast, it's absurd when set traps while chasing at high speed, he always force u to run to another place.

• LordGlint
    Options
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options
  • Heroiq
    Heroiq Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

i know. and they shouldn't be nerfed. but as i said.

that's the " only thing i can imagine getting nerfed ".

that doesn't mean i agree/disagree on nerfing the dream pallets. but that's the only possible nerf imaginable in my opinion.

however. buffs like adding add-ons that increases the amount of tokens you have (how many pallets/snares you can place) by X would be a great thing to have. and to also make a bigger difference between the rarities of the dream pallet add-ons. and making higher ones worth it. for example. A very rare (purple) dream pallets add-on can give 16 tokens.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

I think Freddys in a good spot, not op and not weak like before. Hes more fun to play and go against imo. Devs done a good job on him.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited August 2019
    Options

Survivor Main here.

Freddy used to be a terror for Random survivors. My win ratio against Freddy is something like 5%.

Ever since new Freddy, my win ratio has shot up to around 70%. New Freddy is a pushover to be honest. Without his omniscient dreamworld ability, juking and stealthing him is so easy he can't keep up. He's just an M1 killer now with no special detection capabilities.

I'm sure it's different at Rank 1 but from where I'm sitting? I couldn't be happier.

I doubt he'll be nerfed any time soon.

• LordGlint
    Options

Thats good to hear from a survivor main. Like I said earlier, im sitting at like a 90% kill rate at rank 2 so I was feeling like something mustve been up. I'll just believe that its my crazy playstyle pulling through i guess, lol.

• Mochan
    Options

I don't understand this godlike dream snare thing.

I have never even been hit by a Dream Snare, I've only purposefully waded into them just because I felt like wasting them when Freddy is busy elsewhere. They are so visible it's impossible to get trapped by them unless you have no choice and Freddy somehow cornered you into it.

Most of the Freddies I'm going up against probably suck at snare placement, but I've fought trappers at my level who were far better at it.

The brightness of the dreamworld plus the bright red stain on the ground make it impossible to get hit by it.

• LordGlint
    edited August 2019
    Options

I never saw them as something anyones going to ACCIDENTALLY trigger. The person KNOWS its there, but depending on where its placed...If its done at loops, they either take the loop wide and lose ground or walk through the snare...and lose ground. For many areas, it can be made literally impossible to walk through without going through the traps. Just think of some of the narrow areas in maps like The Game for example, or the garage in the autohaven gas station.

For that particular pallet loop, if I fill the path out of the room with snares before breaking the pallet... The survivor will be forced to walk through it all in an attempt to get out, and be slowed too much to avoid a hit.

• Mochan
    Options

Yeah like I said, the Freddy's I am going up against in the Green and Purple ranks have no idea what they're doing.