We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Ghost Face the new camper.

Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,580

Has anyone else found this? since he came out he seems, in my games to camp a lot of the time, especially around the basement. Just want to know if any other is experiencing this or if it's just me.

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

For me no, but I'm a family high rank so that may be the reason.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I had a Ghostface camping my teammates last night. He would just stand right in front of them teabagging. He put on one of the new BP offerings, so he was being one of 'those' killers...

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

As ghost i like to get on the highest point in the map and ensure where I'm hooking is visible from there (but the hooked survivor is unable to see me) protect all gens in area and hook at same time

• Mushwin

@cheersTC i am currently on rank 7 and got constantly camped and well he seems to tunnel for me

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Well, he does encourage that, but then again, Make Your Choice exists.

I had a problem with tunneling GFs on top of that though...

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Toxicity at its finest.

Thats why Killer queues are broken, surv just play ghostface to camp and t bag.

Nice job Bhvr.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

I had a game where a GF camped basement. I saw my teammate go down trying to save the first guy put on hook. I wait a bit doing a gen, then I went down to get them both. No one around, no terror radius. I'm literally a second away from lifting the guy off the hook. GF slinks around the corner, yoinks me off the guy. Bam. Games over. Wonderful interactive game that was, with lots of bp for everyone.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited June 2019

@TheLastGreatStar

I feel like that's not a problem with ghost face and his kit like @Mushwin experienced and more of a problem with the specific person playing ghostface just being a douche

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Ghostface is also a great camper unfortunately with built in insidious and one shot. Just stay out of view of the hooked survivor and peek around a wall.

• TrueKn1ghtmar3
    TrueKn1ghtmar3 Member Posts: 1,143

Or down from a balcony or hill where you can see all remaining gens and your hooked/downed survivor

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Depending on the person and the rank, any killer can camp. I've come across so many GF that don't camp and he's actually pretty solid.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Had quite a few Camper Faces now. Just had one, actually. He kept trying to lock down the basement in Haddonfield. Turns out he was running Night Vision Monocular and Knife Belt Clip... ol' boy meant business. He eventually got me marked and put me on the hook outside the basement house, then he tried to camp me and the 2nd floor gen from the ledge and I kept knocking him out of stalk from the hook. Must've pissed him off fairly well as he tunneled and camped the everlovin' hades out of me. Still made it out. Fairly salty afterwards.

But, yeah, it tends to run in line with what the character is for some folks, stealthy and whatnot. Not too big of a threat so long as you can keep them in sight and/or your teammates aren't total goobers and just bum-rushing the hook for their WGLF stack.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

@Aari_Piggy66 I’ve actually had quite a few matches where he’s stayed at the hook trying to stalk / expose people who attempt to unhook. But it’s hard to say if its a Ghostface thing or simply because most of my matches are with offerings to get more BP. As I’m noticing an increase of camping killers recently.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,140

Camping and NOED. 75% of them at least. I'm only rank 6 survivor. Not sure how it has been beyond that.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yeah, pretty much he's designed to incentivise camping and it's incredibly hard to get him out of his stealth most of the time with that buffer abuse, giving him two free downs in a lot of cases when he does camp.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
  • Mushwin

rank 6 an it is still happening

• neacutie
    neacutie Member Posts: 48

Yeah same here, not just the camping but seems to tunnel a lot as well.

• Khaletsky
    Khaletsky Member Posts: 32

You guys sound like a group of survivor mains discussing someone's playstyle, GF is a campy killer, without camp or proxy camp he can't do anything, he also can't use his power if he is surrounded by group of survivors. So his main strenght is to isolate survivors and deal with them 1 by 1, that's where proxy camp usually helps a lot. That's why most of LF and GF players are campy, because their power's most biggest strenght is being around a hook. Also don't use survivor's or killer's rulebooks pls, let everyone play how they want, use whatever they want, it's a game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,013

I mean, sure. Wraith and Ghostfaces are made to camp "I have 70IQ and can hide my Terror Radius, so I camp". PIg is basically the same, but Pig is too decent to be used for camping.

But I dont see many Ghostfaces recently and the last Ghostface I faced (yesterday) was Rank 12, so this does not really count.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

That is a preposterous accusation!!!

I can camp with any killer just fine.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

Now you want ghostface to not be a super stealthy potential camping killer? Jeez you want everyone nerfed.

• Mushwin

Uhm not sure who that was for @thekiller490490 but my post was asking if anyone else was experiencing GF as camping

• THEghostface
    THEghostface Member Posts: 296

I don't camp as him, but when I notice someone making their way to the hooked survivor, I follow them unnoticed, expose them, and finally down the rescuer.