We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

You're Mad At Decisive For The Wrong Reason

Comments

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

I think that Survivors have gotten so used to DS being a Killer immunity perk that they can't accept a version where it isn't one. They don't want this perk to be fair. It's really sad but not surprising. If you make a bad play, DS shouldn't be able to save you. You deserve to get hooked again.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

A perk still shouldn't grant someone complete immunity for 60 seconds without counterplay. Not a hard fix if you ask me and the perk would still do what it was intended for.

• MimiDallas
    MimiDallas Member Posts: 45

Thats totally bs. Nothing other can save you from tunneling. Which is why this perks exists, to be a counter of that.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Okay if I’m in a Killer match and I see you I’m going to target and tunnel and camp you with a mori and the then you can tell me that “best option” BS

• Snow_Lep
    Snow_Lep Member Posts: 305

The hell kind of reaction is this? This is literally the dumbest way to look at that. I hate DS change and I main killer. It is honestly one of the worst changes I have ever seen among any game I have played. I loved DS as before, save it or use it. Just make sure to use it wisely otherwise it is wasted. Yes there was dribbling and it was an issue, but look at what I said on the first page to see my opinion of it. Running Make Your Choice won't matter to a strong killer, they can catch both within the 60 seconds if they get the jump on the survivors.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Im not sure whos point your trying to make. Out side of camping which can be detrimental to a killers game, that does sound like the best course of action.

I also killer main so you'll probably never get the chance.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,686
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Tbh I get hit by DS all the time, I'm not salty. I'll tunnel all I want. If they DS me, I earned it. It's not hard to catch them as Spirit anyway. As other killers, I'm still OK with it because you do earn it.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Imagine actually playing against a Spirit. Does anyone actually play seriously against her? All that happens is that survivors don’t try and let her down them while they suicide on the hook.

It’s not fun to play against Spirit nor is it fun to play as her, it’s never a real game. It’s two DC’s and 2V1.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    edited September 2019

60 seconds immunity people; If a nerf was applied and 30-40s was put into place, you would embarrassingly chasing the person down until you know it's gone, stop acting like you wouldn't. It's perfectly fine, 60 seconds of immunity is basically it, it's what counters tunneling in the first place.

60 seconds might seem obnoxious, but it really isn't that hard to leave the person on the floor and head out until you know it's up and keep an eye on the downed survivor. Making it sound like it's the end of the world. Just to add on, 30 seconds or something similar isn't that much considering you're hooking the player again, straining the game even more. Maybe if you hook another survivor or escape the killer's terror radius for 12 seconds, but nothing to the timer nerf, that's bogus.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Same here kind of. I don't get DS'd all the time, I will play around it usually, but if I get hit by it I don't get mad because it was my fault for picking the dude up in the first place.

Then there are times where I just don't even give a fork about DS and I'll eat it anyway. Sometimes this is a good tactic if done early enough in a game, because now they can't use it late game when it would hurt the most.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

Why not jus get hit by DS and move on it really isn't a big deal

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited September 2019

That’s what DS is supposed to be but it’s not unfortunately. With DS, a Survivor can do whatever they want and not have to worry about being hooked for 60 seconds. If you think quickly downing the unhooker and unhooked Survivor because they made bad plays is tunneling, then you’ve got some major problems.

...what? Are you new to the game? A five second stun can have a big impact during a match. It’s not fair if I clearly am not tunneling the Survivor but still get hit with DS because you capitalized on their mistakes.

• Glory
    Glory Member Posts: 241

Game still heavily favors going after the unhooked guy, so DS is mandatory. If people cry about it, that's because they're used to getting easy downs and just deleting a survivor with their "aggressive hook patrolling" lol

I honestly hate that it needs to exist, but it got so bad the past few days I got the last 5 levels on Laurie and unlocked it so I can have a chance when instadown huntress decides to sit on my face at the hook

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

No, blaming the killer for a badly designed perk isn't going anywhere. It needs a slight change to make it better and for its' intended purpose.

1. Make it so going in a locker cancels it. Or, at least reduces the stun since it's a forced stun.
    2. Make it so working on a gen cancels it. Same reason as locker grabs.
    3. Make it so being fully healed it cancels it.

If it's designed for anti tunneling, then they shouldn't have the option to just let it tick down while they get free progress on healing and gen rushing. Going in a locker forces DS anyway, so it's not like it's balanced around locker grabs either.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

You can hit people working on gens. It can stay active, if you grab instead of smacking, its your fault

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

I would still argue that it should be disabled on being healed or saving someone on the hook. In the latter case if the DS user also has BT, the killer cannot respond in any way.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

If it's anti tunneling, then if they have the time and safety to get on a gen, then they do not deserve it if they are that obvious.

I also think it should be disabled if another person is hooked before you, since at that point you are clearly not being tunneled.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272

DS is BS especially the part with locker.

Getting into locker has less frames than killer hit...

BHVR - masters of game design.

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

I'm not new I just don't find DS an issue it really isn't that bad getting hit by it. You shouldn't have to much trouble catching back up to them

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

Bring back ol enduring, I wouldnt mind DS.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It's things like this that make me like my Devour Hope build even more.

Plus i might only avoid DS coincidentally because of the build, but once at 5 Tokens, i don't have to care about DS at all! 🤗

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited September 2019

If the killer chases, downes and hooks another survivor after you got unhooked and you still couldn't manage to go to a safe place and avoid being downed again, the fault is entirely yours, not of the killer. It's not being tunneled, it's being bad.

I agree. To compensate and make it a bit more coherent with the anti-tunneling aspect the timer could be shortened a bit but slow down/stop during a chase.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

>but slow down/stop during a chase.

Because moonwalking/looking to the ground Legion wasn't a thing.

It shouldn't go slower during chases or in TR (killers will try to proxy chase, survivors will abuse TR to have ability for longer), it should go faster when out of TR/healthy/on objective (when it's clear survivor isn't under threat any more or does something that he shouldn't when he's under threat).

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

When you think a minute is a short amount of time. The issue is that you can down and hook other people, ignoring the recently unhooked person for most of the duration of a gen (they get a third of a generator's worth of time where the killer can't hook them at all) and still get DSed because it lasts so damn long. I've seen good killers down and hook 3 different people between a survivor getting unhooked and then DSing them. Does that seem like an anti tunnel perk to you?

Honestly I think it just needs to lose its time, or at least a chunk of it, the moment someone else is hooked (maybe with a caveat of pausing when slugged to make up for it, but honestly I don't think it even needs that).

• Ghost077
    Ghost077 Member Posts: 713
    edited September 2019

If the killer has a brain - DS is not a problem for him. There are many options to avoid it or benefit from the insolence of the false sense of security of survivors. I have used this many times.

1) Not a tunnel

2) Tunnel, get the DS, and the tunnel further.

3) Leave him on the ground and take advantage of it - he can't do gens while lying down, or hit the one who tries to heal him.

4) Survivors with active DS often rely too much on him, which is why they are not healed on time, because of which they can be caught in a wounded state.

In yesterday’s game, the just-rescued survivor with an active DS ran into the basement to save another. I grabbed him and immediately laid on the ground - DS did not have time to activate. As a result, 1 on the hook, 1 lie down nearby, other survivors had to distract from the gens. I easily won this game.

• avilmask

>I grabbed him and immediately laid on the ground - DS did not have time to activate

Are you from the past? It doesn't work any more.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Problem is imo that if you nerf the DS timer the counterplay of slugging becomes too strong. You keep it as current it's still too strong in certain situations. The best option would be to just rework the perk entirely which I doubt will happen anytime soon. Look how long it took for OG DS to get changed. The effect of getting out of the killers grasp will never be balanced.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

People are mad at DS because it flat out prevents them from doing their objective efficiently. :)

• Ghost077

Actually, I wrote that I did it yesterday. As soon as grab-animation end, spam R, until the killer laid him on the ground. He did not jumped down.

• Alice_pbg

If you did, it's a bug. You're not supposed to be able to do that

• avilmask

So you "did it" or you do it consistently? Are you sure he didn't just miss his DS? I know you have a little room to try and start some action (less than a half second), but when I try to do anything with it any action gets interrupted by DS every time, including dropping animation.

• Ghost077

It’s impossible to convey him down to the hook, throwing it off and raising it as before. But you can throw off once and not lift him again. In any case, it works when you grab them interrupt action. In the same way as the survivor may not have time to jump with the active DS if he lies directly under the hook and killer hangs him instantly.

• Ghost077

I am sure. I even see displayed the icon of a successfully applied DS. Did it at least 2 times, did not try anymore. I heard from someone that you can do this, so I did.

• avilmask

I never wanted to see a video proof more than now. Locker DS issue wouldn't be an issue if it worked.

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157

Why are people so mad about DS+Locker being a thing. You shouldn't be chasing someone that just got unhooked in the first place - if they go in a locker just leave them be, they aren't doing a gen or anything useful. A valid point is that it's killer immunity but even then just slug the person. It's a free escape in endgame is a bit of an issue, so it's probably smarter to eat the DS earlier.

• avilmask

Read the thread, please. Guy in the locker with DS doesn't do gens only because you're standing in front of the locker, unlike the guy with DS on the ground. You have to eat DS in order to keep pressure. NEVER ignore DSers in a locker, it's a bad play.

• Alice_pbg

Just because you're chasing someone with active DS, doesn't mean you're tunneling.

And if you leave the locker they'll just walk out.

• Ghost077
    edited September 2019

I don’t know if this works with lockers. Maybe yes, maybe no, or maybe sometimes, depending on where in the circle the skillcheck appears and if the survivor has time to press him.

Because they want to mori them, I think :)

• Corrupted
    edited September 2019

Reread my statement, you shouldn't be chasing someone that just got unhooked and you shouldn't be standing Infront of a locker to start. They shouldn't be forced to run in a locker to begin with. You do not have to eat DS to keep pressure,that's not true at all. If anything you apply more pressure by going after someone on a gen or the unhooker. PGTW is great, I'm a rank 1 killer btw.

Agreed but more times than not you likely are. If they leave out of a locker then good, can the person play the game?? If someone with DS hops on a gen then more than likely you can catch them before they get to a locker and if so just leave them on the ground which is pressure.

• avilmask

The whole reason why this thread getting bigger and bigger is people saying "this perk works only if you chase people with DS" and opposing side telling "problem with DS that it works not only when you chase people with DS". And yet there you are, again telling us "just don't tunnel 4head". That's why I said read the thread.

• Corrupted

I have read the thread and a lot of the arguments are simply not valid. If you see someone with DS on a gen then just down them and leave them. If you see them doing stupid/awfully risky ######### then just down them or ignore them if they're by super safe pallets. If a DS'er is unhooking then don't grab but just down them. I don't understand why this is hard to comprehend??

If they have time to go into a locker then just leave them be. You do not have to chase a DS'er or make them a priority. You do not have to eat a DS to apply pressure. I have played plenty of killer games in red ranks where everyone ran DS and I didn't get DS'd once with 3 or 4K. I have played plenty of survior games where I didn't get to DS because killer just kept me slugged. It's not killer immunity, it's hook immunity

The only valid argument is it's a safe escape endgame but that's only the case if they are hooked by a gate. If you find yourself getting DS'd a lot and losing as killer, there is a good chance you're tunneling.

• I only get annoyed by DS now when it’s used in a manner other than anti-tunneling. A survivor kobes in your face with Deliverance and you have to slug them. A survivor is rescued and you hook one or two others and that same survivor is sitting on a gen. You grab them off, that’s not tunneling.

DS now is a great example as to why devs should ignore all of this nonsense about stopping progress bars for hooked survivors if a killer is close and nerfing “camping” in general. You give survivors an inch and they’ll take a mile. They’ve turned a good anti-tunneling perk into another cocky toxic perk.

• Corrupted
    edited September 2019

I have read the thread but a lot of the arguments for DS simply aren't valid. A DS'er is unhooking someone? Just slug them. If they're on a gen? Slug them. If they're by super safe pallets or a locker then just chase someone else. Let them do super risky nonsense and get downed/punished for it. DS isn't killer immunity, it's hook immunity.

I have played plenty of killer games at red rank and I 3-4K'd and didn't get DS'd when they all had it. I've also played ton of survivor games where my DS was a waste of a perk slot because the killer just slugged me or didn't chase me after unhook. I don't understand why this is hard to comprehend. If you find yourself getting DS'd a lot, then chances are you're tunneling. The only valid argument is it's a safe escape endgame, but it's only the case if you get hooked by a gate.

• G0lden_Ra1den
    G0lden_Ra1den Member Posts: 56

There is a solution to countering DS, and its quite a simple one too, don’t down the unhooked survivor.

I know instinctively it makes sense to hit the person who is the most vulnerable, but there is actually a perfect perk that isn’t a hex perk, and it punishes SWF and altruism abroad, its called Make Your Choice.

• avilmask

Yeah, it was actual point of all arguments opposing OP. "It's not an anti-tunneling perk, it's a hook immunity for 60 seconds". Though you seem to disagree about something with me, you admit that one big thing about it.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The obvious 300IQ Play is to run Unbreakable and randomly jump into lockers after being unhooked.

• Derp
    Derp Member Posts: 157

To be honest though, I never run DS but I sometimes get into a locker when I get tunneled so this basically tells the killer to go for someone else, take the 50/50, or wait that 60 seconds if they want me. I only do this if there isn't a pallet or window near me. Also, I stopped using DS after realizing that it only works like 30% of the time since killers are playing around it in almost every game and yet they're still doing fine so DS is okay as it is.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017

Yes, the survivor that is running right at me without noticing me, that means I am tunneling so I get hit by DS for not tunneling

Oh the survivor spamming vaults after being hooked, lemme down yo- OOOH you have DS

This perk is not anti-tunnel it mostly saves you from making a mistake or for wanting attention

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    edited September 2019

This argument would work, IF it was a Anti-Tunnel perk. It isn't. It's "Oh have I left you on the ground long enough now after chasing you around two loops?.... Nope, ate a stun." it should deactivate after someone else gets hooked if it's "Anti Tunnel." Oh it's also "Gate is open, LUL let's let him grab me right at the gate so I can get some extra Tea bags in while he's stunned."