Ghostface tweaks to make him playable at red ranks

Options
n2njauwu
n2njauwu Member Posts: 267
edited September 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

so again my ghostface post i made , but that just show how much i care for this killer :_)

i dont expect devs make changes instant and neither all in changes , but atleast i want ghostface to be looked into since he is one of most iconic slasher movie killers but he feels like just snowbally at lower ranks due to survivors not really paying attention to surrounding , and very underwhelming on high ranks

there are few issues with him at higher ranks or few annoying things that just feel bad as a killer /

1st obviously will be getting spotted from walls , if u are seen long enough it doesnt matter if u hide behind walll , u will be revealed this is so meh thing to happen and it happens basically every match , it makes killer feel like survivor and the survivor as a killer because i am more scared of a survivor that a survivor is of me ;/

2nd many survivors force me to be m1 killer - if they see im in night shroud they will run to me simply just to make me feel bad why ? because the stalk rate will be around 90% but they will be in my hit range thus making me feel bad no matter what i choose to do which is 1) hit them and regress to 0 a stalk rate or ignore them . they way to fix it is simply make normal attacks dont reset stalk rate but when smb is at 100 % stalk rate make that your power dont work like a basic attack . it wont matter much in lower rank but it will help in highers , and its not like all buff because it is minimal nerf in other way that ur power attack on 100 % stalk rate wont imply 3rd seal or sth idk . also as a animation towards 100 % stalk rate could used be this stabby as ghostface does in a lobby. i dont understand why in lobby he does this stabby stabby when in game he doesnt do that

3rd - lower the cooldown obviously back to 20 seconds ( again it wont matter much in lower ranks but it will change a lot in higher rank )

4th - rework the addons , - why devs you make addons if ghostface has only 7 addons out of his 22 addons are playable rest are all uselesss and if u choose them over 7 first you are basiaclly playing for fun and dont care about power lose , or want harder game

5 - make him less visable (smaller i guess ) - on crouch at small loops , basiaclly in most cases i try so hard to use crouch to mindgame survivors on small loops but they see like milimeteres of me , idk , its hard to pull off on most loops and i lose speed of that also . its possible to make but its incosistent due to 3rd point of view of survivors

Comments

• sailormars
    sailormars Member Posts: 122
    Options

No, Ghostface is good as he is.

If you're having problems with a killer who doesn't need to mind game at loops and gets free 1-hit downs by lean stalking for like 3 seconds, then that's a you problem. Stalk, go behind a wall, come out and stalk again. His detection is so ######### that it's almost impossible to get spotted unless another survivor is looking at you from behind your cover.

• n2njauwu
    Options

ye it shows u have 0 clue about playing vs gf , red ranks he is bullied and nothing he can do . cant eve stalk 100 % so please learn soome more survivor

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

Ghostface is in a pretty good spot as he is. You don't always have to stalk, you can mask terror radius and go for a grab on the gen. Only problem is on Coldwind and not being able to stalk through corn.

• n2njauwu
    Options

you cant grab at all . he is heard in 8 meteres . also vs swf if 1 pot spot him sneaking they are gonna be aware but in low ranks u can get grab 1 or maybe if ur lucky 2 times at start of match

• sailormars
    sailormars Member Posts: 122
    Options

This is basically your reply, "I have no way to prove you wrong and have 0 counter-arguments, so nah you're bad, he's bad, and that's why you're wrong!"

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

ghostface is viable in high ranks though.

i play him at rank 5 - granted, not red ranks but i make up for it by only having sloppy butcher tier 1 and enduring tier 1 - and i enjoy him very much.

he is a lot more complex to play in comparison to other killers, since he heavily relies on you mindgaming the survivors, yet he can do that very well.

while i do agree with you first point, the reveal mechanic is very inconsistent and its really annoying when you get revealed even though you took cover and were outside their FoV, i dont think you fully understand what makes him a strong killer.

your second point makes that clear: you try to rely on your stalk to expose and down survivors. the thing that makes him strong is NOT the fact that you can stalk and expose them, but that you can turn off your TR and red stain any time you like AND duck away out of their FoV, allowing you to disappear and then reappear close to them and get a sneaky hit. ghostface is all about sneaking up to people and getting a quick first stab on them. you shouldnt try to always go for the insta down, since that is restricted and doesnt work majority of the time. only do that when they dont know your location and they are in the open.

i think the killer works perfectly fine and is not really in the need of any real buffs at the moment.

some fixes here and there (like you mentioned: revealing through a wall) would be neat, but he is in a good spot.

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471
    Options

SWF thing just makes them a lot more on edge looking for you, which can backfire. You can still get grabs in red ranks. 99% of the time survivors only use their ears for terror radius or they know they are going against a Spirit.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    Options

Actually, ghostface is in a good spot.

But you trying to bash and gatekeep people because you believe you've "played more GF" than them, is a bit sad. You should really take a step back.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

Ghostface should get some buffs and changes

We all know that ghostface cd its just a joke 20s its ok meanwhile they could tweak some addons and pink addon should get reworked

The reveal thing on ghostface its just a joke theres a delay and also its soo big to reveal ghostface they should reduce that

The problem for him my opinion its hes skin since some part of the skin float and ppl can spot that very well my opinion should not float that could make him more stealth

While crouch the fov its bad they should make it a bit higher since some parts you cant stalk while the survivor its near grass

And the last 1 its make him able to get out night shrould by himself similar than legion

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607
    Options

Ghostface is playable in red ranks even without add ons, at least for me.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

He doesn't need tweaks, but a full rework.

• InFernoZ22
    InFernoZ22 Member Posts: 32
    Options

Im a Ghostface main and by playing just him, I got to rank 1 killer and stayed there. He's fine as he is just need to properly learn to play him. Yeah some games you get wrecked because the survivors are efficient but that happens to every killer.

• phantasmal
    phantasmal Member Posts: 144
    Options

Aside from making revealing less janky his add-ons could you another look imo, they are very lackluster and boring and not really giving him anything new and fun to play around with. Stuff like Myers' Scratched Mirror or the Hag's Scarred Hand. Freddy's pallets. Add-ons that introduce something in exchange of a base power.

Something like this:

• Can no longer mark people with Stalk
    • Getting revealed gives 5-10% Haste for 15s

or

• Survivors who reveal you are marked for 20s

So turning his power upside down.