DS, BT, and Tenacity should be basekit via prestige and other stuff

Now that I got your attention and before you tell me I’m crazy, here me out...these perks are the best counter to the biggest frustrations in the game. Killers who needlessly tunnel, camp, and slug (slugging is of course completely justified at the right time don’t get me wrong) in order to ruin a survivors experience should be punished. BUT—some changes need to be made to these perks to make it a more pleasant experience for both sides.

Prestige reward 1 Borrowed Time: Unhooking a survivor while in chase and/or within 5 meters of the killer grants the endurance buff to the unhooked survivor for 15 seconds. However, unhooking a survivor while out of chase and/or is not within 5 meters to the killer will grant the endurance buff to the unhooked survivor for 7 seconds. Getting hit while borrowed time is active will cause the exhausted status effect for 20 seconds. 

Why change it? Some killers can work around borrowed time by altering their terror radius and can tunnel freely. This change ensures that the unhooked survivor has a chance to escape but renders any exhausted perk useless after getting hit for a fair trade.

Prestige reward 2 Tenacity: crawl 60% faster, recover 10% quicker, and reduce killer aura reading effect radius by 8 meters.  

Why change it? Tenacity is good for countering slugging as it lets you find safety and lose the killer thanks to the increase in crawl speed, but it just needs a buff to couple with other perks like unbreakable or flip flop, hence the 10 recovery speed. This change also soft counters deerstalker and makes it difficult to completely pinpoint a downed survivor. 

Prestige reward 3 Decisive strike: DS no longer activates on grabs and if another survivor is hooked while DS is active, reduce the active timer by 25 seconds. 

Why change it? Current DS is a full minute of killer immunity and can sometimes punish killers who just happen to find the unhooked survivor when DS is nearly expired. Grabs are dumb because a killer is either forced to leave them in the locker/gen or eat a 5 second stun, thus losing pressure.

The goal for these changes is to fully eliminate the annoying habits of a killer while also separating bad killers from good ones. 

Solo survivor buffs: Kindred, aftercare, buckle up, and wake up should be base kit. A totem counter is also given. 

These wonderful informative perks should be granted to solos in order to close the gap between solo survivor and SWF while also making the game more enjoyable. 

Why it’s needed? Kindred is needed to help combat needless camping and makes survivors able to communicate easier. Aftercare rewards interaction between survivors and is very strong for communication. Buckle up is needed for safe pick ups thanks to its aura reading, and wake up allows survivors to know which gate is being opened. 

SWF have no access to these buffs to solos as they have it through mics already.

Killers are going to be compensated with now having access to 6 perk slots instead of 4, and each prestige rewards two perks instead of one.

Prestige 1 rewards: Hex’s NOED and Ruin

Why? Totems are now a mandatory secondary objective and thus the totem counter is given to deal with it. Ruin is starting artificial pressure and NOED is for end game pressure.

Prestige 2 rewards: Thanatophobia and Dying light 

Why? Thana rewards the killer for spreading out damage and is decent counter to extremely optimal play. The PTB Dying light is still up in the air but it rewards hooking survivors and just doing your objective (I think DL shouldn’t give a buff to the obsession and lose it stacks when the obsession dies. It should also grant tokens on obsession hooks.

Prestige 3 rewards: BBQ (aura reading or killer instinct) and pop goes the weasel 

Why? It rewards the killer with information on what to do next while also allowing them to slow down the game thanks to pop. 

Killers now have a (yellow) cypress momento Mori as a base kit and the other Mori offering are now disabled. The other two moris could be changed to need 2 hooks on the survivor in order to become moried.

Thanks for reading and let’s share some suggestions.

Comments

• LA2KMATT
    LA2KMATT Member Posts: 23

Why? I’m trying to tackle the worst parts of the game and I know it’s not perfect but it’s a start.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

Maybe some minor passives could be added to characters with prestige (like slightly increased crawl/recovery speed or something), but whole perks like that would be busted. Probably not the best idea.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

No

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455

No.

• YamiTheFurry
    YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229

Going to be a no from me too, these as base perks aren't needed. And would heavily upset the balance of this fragile game.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Nope.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

no.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

No.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

You know how untouchable I would be if I were to run stronger perks with this? No way.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

It’s a no for me.

1) They’re all dlc perks - and licensed to boot.

2) Good kernel of an idea though - I do think Kindred should be part of the base kit for SOLO players.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

Kindred 2 built in wouldn't be bad for either side tbh it wouldn't show the killer and all survivors would be revealed and would bridge the gap between solo and swf

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited September 2019

This ain't it, chief.

It's like asking for lightborne built in to counter flashlights, because they're annoying.

Or ruin to counter toolboxes because those are annoying.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Then killers would need something... this type of idea would need major tweaking to make it remo balanced... I'm all for prestige rewards and such but giving 3 perks in the base kit (2 of which are meta) may be a bit much.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

I have seen alot of bad ideas on these forums, this happens to be one of them.

Never.

• LA2KMATT

I get the message already, just no. But yeah, I would like to see better prestige rewards and devotion (at devotion 2 atm close to 3) among other quality of life changes. Idk I just thought this could be a starting point but then the whole game would need to be rebalanced. Its just frustrating that I can’t think of any lasting solutions that can bring enjoyment to both sides is all. Maybe just informational perks for both sides possibly? Oh well, thanks for the feedback and I understand why it’s so overwhelmingly negative.

• LOL

Ive never understood this idea that SWF is broken, so the way to fix it is buff solo players. All that leaves you with is broken players in every lobby instead of just SWF lobbies.

Like what killer perks would have to be built in for this to make sense?

Ruin. NOED. Pop. Brutal Strength. TotH. Among others.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

You can't just hand survivors 2 of the strongest perks in the game for free, and one of the more fun utility perks.

Not every survivor needs to die 3 seconds before the end of the match, sometimes you die early, deal with it.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Stop trying to have the SWF button effect gameplay. It's a terrible idea, stop suggesting it.

If you are going to have those base kit effects than just have it also effect SWF players dammit.

Not all SWF groups are 4 mans so it does matter, and if the information is redundant anyways then why hide it?

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

The grind is hard enough already for new players, not only with having to grind for a decent loadout but also the skill gap with the matchmaking as messed up as it is. We're about to have a whole bunch of new players, it would be a bad idea to widen that gap even more by giving free boons to more experienced players.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

No

• MsFrizby93
    MsFrizby93 Member Posts: 77

No

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Haha... no. That would make it so P3 survivors have 3 extra perks. Just no.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I think Thrill shouldn't be a hex perk, to be honest, but I do agree with you about the survivor perks. Just no.

• Rin_is_my_waifu
    Rin_is_my_waifu Member Posts: 963
  • LA2KMATT

I get it already, please, there is no need to comment on it anymore. I already feel stupid enough after an hour of posting it ok sorry.