Decisive Strike And Lockers

Options

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,130
    Options

Place a trap in front of the locker. Problem solved.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    edited September 2019
    Options

2016 would like a word with you.

Edit. 2016, 2017 and 2018 would all like a word with you.

• Chickenchaser
    Chickenchaser Member Posts: 391
    Options

60 seconds is not anti-tunnelling. Why do people think 60 seconds is acceptable?

• LordDubbington
    LordDubbington Member Posts: 21
    Options

My issue is survivors who spam in and out of a locker because they have DS.

I feel that DS itself while the timer can be annoying because crossing the map and then getting into a chase feels bad when you punish a misplay but it was within the 60 seconds, but it is livable.

Its the survivors who know they have a second chance and use it to ruin the game for the killer because they know there will be no punishment. If you knock them when they come out of the locker you have to leave them to be healed or give up your pressure or just eat the decisive.

I feel that decisive shouldn't necessarily be changed to not punish the killer for tunneling, but should be changed so that it doesn't breed and reward toxicity in a community that already suffers from it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

By that logic, at a certain point in a game depending on the situation, killers just lose even if they win the chase? I understand the game is asymmetrical, but we're talking about winning a chase (or an unsafe rescue) vs entering a locker with 0 downside. Why is it a killer problem if someone got unhooked nearby without Borrowed Time, or their teammates aren't unhooking them safely? This is potentially another situation where the synergy isn't a problem in a vacuum, but becomes a problem when every survivor runs the combination. We went through this with the original iteration of DS, original MoM, etc.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

Place a trap in front of the locker :D

• Chickenchaser
    edited September 2019
    Options

You copy pasted a lot of that post from someone else. You should give credit to the og.

But I 100% agree.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Let them heal and waste it, then pick them up and get DS.

Seems like a win to me

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,417
    Options

If there's an unsafe rescue, hit the rescuer as they're unhooking, then hit them again after the unhook. You'll still have someone on the hook and you won't need to worry about DS.

• Chickenchaser
    Options

That's a sound strategy, but you miss the point. you can't punish bad plays. an unsafe unhook like that should result in two hooks. Not one. DS shouldn't work inside the killers terror radius. That's what borrowed time is for. And it's not tunnelling 50 seconds after the save. Survivors get way too much invincibility time at 60 seconds. It needs to be reduced to 30 seconds.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Post edited by Acromio on
  • johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

like I said, make it so it doesn’t have a timer but is deactivated the next time someone else is hooked. If I hook someone else before hooking the same person that just mean it isn’t tunneling right?

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,671
    Options

Unless you're doing really good and they also have an active DS.

DS-Ception!

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2019
    Options

I think the post about survivors "not adapting" and how killers have apparently been nerfed into the ground is a bunch of bullshit and a huge circlejerk around the forums. Each side has there own powerful things such as mori's and keys.

The problem is, the survivor side of the game has gotten constant nerfs for over a year now which has in turn made it less fun to play and has inclined players to move on to other games or play killer because the game is not as fun as it once was. Saying "oh well killers have it so hard its so stressful" is completely false.

If you want to see where killers had it hard, go download a patch from 2017 and play with against friends and then compare it to now, not so bad is it?

• Acromio
    edited September 2019
    Options

So that's why they call you "joker"... wait, wrong movie (not really).

Seriously, though, for everyone else: I replied with an emoji because that's what such a post deserves.

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited September 2019
    Options

Ok, let's say you do that. You down and hook the unhooker in 60 seconds. Then the person who was unhooked plays like a moron, gets discovered and downed again within those 60 seconds also. Does that still sound like tunneling to you???

• Acromio
    Options

I always articulated my arguments, when I felt the users I was responding to deserved it. If I don't do such a thing with you, it's merely because I think you don't deserve it. <3

• smappdooda
    smappdooda Member Posts: 543
    Options

As other have already pointed out, even if you do what you keep suggesting and NOT tunnel, after 50-60 seconds someone you didn't tunnel might hop in a locker on the other side of a wall, (which you hear), so you go open it, not knowing who it is and BAM DS! That's not tunneling. Sure it's a "smart play" but if it is indeed an anti-tunneling perk, make it where the next hook negates it or it doesn't work once you hop in a locker.

Much like SWF coms, it's not cheating but I would call it exploiting a flaw.

• Shivadeathkiss
    Shivadeathkiss Member Posts: 94
    Options

This made me bust out laughing, thanks this post needed this lol

• Corrupted
    Corrupted Member Posts: 157
    Options

Thank you, this is basically what I was telling other people.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316
    Options

Some people seem to think it's a fantastic Idea. I can't even count how many times crappy killers tunnel me and get gen rushed, then proceed to get stunned. I'm sure some of them in here talking about that being 6 min well spent.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

The problem is how long DS lasts. You could go after a completely other survivor, go through a chase, down, hook, then find the other dude and still get DS.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,212
    Options

Omg you make me remember all those freaking times, since February, where I was watching a streaming of a killer, where a survivor with DS jumped into the locker, with the the streamer saying "DS. ######### hell" or something like that

• mylesmylo
    mylesmylo Member Posts: 354
    Options

Cant you just make it so ds deactivates if your in a locker? I never use DS lol but it's always the one perk that gets picked on

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

There are some daft people here. You have a rep from the game telling you that locker ds is not a problem and perhaps you shouldn't be tunneling the person and you are arguing about it? In other words, ds is working as intended. Locker or no locker. Pressure the map and chase someone else and you won't have to worry about it.

• johnmwarner
    Options

I notice that neither you or @Peanits have addressed the issue of actually being able to down and hook a different survivor, then still find the person and get DS’d because one minute is a long time. Once more I’ll ask, why not have it so it automatically deactivated after the killer hooks someone else? It would still be doing it’s job of being anti tunnel.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I play killer mostly myself. I can count on one hand how many times I've been hit with DS since the rework. It is fine as is. It was a nightmare before and much better now. If I'm facing any aspect of an SWF I assume DS, DH, and Adrenaline at minimum. If I down someone and question whether their DS is active, I'll either bait them or move on. It depends on the situation, the survivors' actions so far and how my current pressure is. If they jump in a locker, I'll eat the DS so they don't have it at end game.

Too much whining about a mechanic that is working as intended. There are multiple ways to kill survivors and DS is o ly hurting you if you limit yourself to a small set of playstyles.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819
    Options

So you complain about being punished for tunneling? ROFLCOPTER is here!

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

So dont go after the person that just got unhooked. and why should they get punished for running a perk that punishes tunneling? Just go find someone else. The next encounter you have with them they cant just run into a locker and DS you because it ran out.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,098
    Options

I think my big issue with this while discussion is the complete lack of context from people who fail to see an issue with DS, lockers or not. You can't just paint in broad strokes and say "tunneling is always a bad play", because it's often the correct play late in games, not early. And I think that if the devs want to eliminate tunneling, then there needs to be an equally rewarding option for killers, not a survivor perk that is often used offensively rather than defensively along with significantly worse options for killers late in games (slugging, initiating another chase, etc.). Survivors sign up for co-op mode. I can't think of another pvp game that by design says "your teammates actions make you feel bad, so we're going to punish the opposing side." Survivors already have BT and the ability to body block. If you want to keep DS, actually make it an anti-tunnel perk. It's gone after 30 seconds, a teammate is hooked, or you get healed

• Commander_Riker
    Commander_Riker Member Posts: 23
    Options

how about the fact that with how long DS lasts, you can hook up to two people more after the first one with DS (if you're good) and still get hit by a DS

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited September 2019
    Options

@Acromio

• Bloodlust

• Exhaustion

• Healing Nerf

• Pallet Nerf (# of pallets on map reduction, pallet vacuum removed).

• More pallet nerfs coming with reworked maps and unsafe pallets.

Survivors do adapt. What are you taking about?

DS technically got a nerf by adding a timer and only being able to use it after a hook. Yet here we are with more threads about nerfing it.

Survivors will ALWAYS find a way to work around the nerfs. Going into a locker is a strategy just as much as slugging is. Both probably annoying but both smart if you can pull it off.

• Chickenchaser
    Options

Uh no. You're just not worth it. What you said is ridiculous.

• johnmwarner
    Options

But they can, it happens more often than it should. I go after the person who unhooked the other and down them, hook them and the next person I see is the unhooked so I get DS'd

Surely you don't consider that "tunneling?"

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    Options

its not, but hey now you know where 2 people are at. don't camp the hooked person, but camp the locker person and get them down when they go out.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited September 2019
    Options

Or, the thing that is actually true is you and your merry band of survivor haters can't dispute what I said.

Maybe you can copy and paste someone elses comments and disprove me using those

• Chickenchaser
    Options

I don't copy and paste stuff. Maybe if you where around during that time you'd understand how ridiculous you sound.