1 on 1 is unfair

Options

Since the killer can now take hatch down , it's impossible for survivors to win 1 on 1.. you guys need to fix this since there's no fun on being the last survivor if you know you cant win . at least make the doors take less to open or bring back old hatch where killer couldnt take hatch .. i'm main killer and i think it's quite unfair for survivors

Comments

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

If 1v1 would be fair, the game would be in much more trouble than it currently is.. You can use some tricks to open doors faster and without giving the killer a chance when they are not on the same wall... Doors on same wall happen very rarely anyway and you just have to accept that. On the new maps wich will come out, as well as Lerys and The Game map the doors have fixed spawns so no problem there.

• gcardoso
    gcardoso Member Posts: 35
    Options

three ? they can only escape by doors or hatch . if they dont have doors unlocked before getting last survivor and i manage to know where hatch is , then its gg for the survivor. that's what i mean

• Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 903
    Options

Exactly that are 3 conditions that the killer has to PREVENT and a suvivor only has to meet one and can escape. How is that unbalanced? If the survivor does not manage to do any of the 3 he is very ######### in the game and does not deserve to survive anyway

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,999
    Options

*1v1's are impossible to win*

Yes, I have seen many people win 1v1's

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

It would be a lot more balanced if doors couldn’t spawn at a 90 degree angle.

• gcardoso
    gcardoso Member Posts: 35
    Options

not exactly , i mean if u have a **** team , it's not that survivor fault that he's the last one standing with gens to do , wich happens to me most of the times when i play survivor. it was my opinion anyway , i prefered how the hatch worked before it would still be the first one to find it win

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

There is a bit of a strategy to it. One I like is hiding near a gate and waiting for the killer to close the hatch to power the gate.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316
    Options

I'm typically unbiased and will be that here as well. It's really not impossible... The only issue I see here as well is that the two doors will sometimes spawn field of view from eachother making this a braindead camp for some killers. Nurse/billy, basically anything with mobility.

• Beepbop123
    Beepbop123 Member Posts: 21
    Options

As people have stated there is enough opportunity for surviviors to escape before the 1v1 situation.

Also you can wait near a door and wait for the killer to check it, once they go to check the second door go and open it and hope and pray you have enough time to open it :)

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

As survivor when killer closes hatch or gates are powered, open the gate for 3 seconds. No lights will shine, no noise will be made, but it cuts down the time to open the door by 3 seconds.

Wait for killer to patrol, he wont know anything is going on unless they are running whispers.

• Pennosuke
    Pennosuke Member Posts: 100
    Options

"...It's POSSIBLE for GOOD survivors to win 1 on 1..."

fixed.

//If the killer found before you that's mean it's your fault.

If you good enough, you can find hatch before the killer and won't suffer from RNG bullsh*t of EGC.

Don't try to blame that 1v1 EGC is unfair.It's never made to be on the survivor side from the start.It's made for punishment and fixed the hatch standoff.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Even that's a rare occurrence, since doors are random. : P

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

This doesn't account for keys in any way, which is such a get out of jail free card for the last survivor.

If you get 3 survivors and find the hatch, you should get the 4k. That, or the survivor has to use all of their "skill" to open the door in time. It rewards the killer for playing well, at least is one of the few things like that.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Options

Why? It’s RNG. Just like Ruin spawning three feet from a survivor or right next to a gen.

I love reading these threads because a “fair” end game situation in survivor mains minds is one where the killer basically guesses one of two doors and either guesses right or the survivor escapes 😆

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

It being "unfair" is exactly the point as you've pretty much lost the game. The EGC is your last chance at escape and meant to be difficult. There have been other threads talking about similar subjects where Peanits himself has responded.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

It's a 4 v 1 game, and it's already too balanced around 1 v 1 in chases.

Survivors are already stronger than killers

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Wow who would guess an assym would be unfair in a 1v1.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

The problem some people fail to see is that at some point once the hatch is closed IT IS impossible to open a gate.

Which to me is so weird considering a lot of you (Yes YOU) were so against hatch camping being a thing. We went from one extreme to another and it just became unfun again.

You expect to touch a gen and hide touch a gen and hide the entire time? Smdh

Also, stop saying “You’ve already had your chance...blah blah blah” When you virtually cannot open a gate to even consider it a “chance”.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

With the way it is 99% of the time i dont even go for a door. While the killers running from door to door sweating his buttcheeks im away farming points looking for awesome ways to die to the entity.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

As Peanits said. You failed at gens and finding the hatch first. Now you have to open the gate .

If you aren't fond of it: RUN WAKE UP THAT BOOSTS THAT SPEED.

It is still possible to escape but some killers are stronger in that case. If killer has remember me and you are the obsession you lost.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

It's sad that "fun" is winning.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    Options

Just use Left Behind. As others have stated, if your team failed, you fail to find hatch, and you fail to open gate then you deserve to die.

You are NOT entitled to win every game.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2019
    Options

Is this a bait post, or does the OP simply have a very poor understanding of how asymmetrical game design works?

• Strange
    Strange Member Posts: 15
    Options

You can consider a ''win'' when you don't get the -1 after the match.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    Options

If Whispers or a killer able to trap the door isn't in the mix it's really only strongly in the killers favor some of the time when the doors are really close. Other times it's just far enough that I can open the gate half the time if I wait a second and watch the killer patrol before I make my move(s). Other times they're so far apart that it's actually in your favor. I think it's more fair than it needs to be just because you're the last person alive.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Sorry for you that you don't like it.

Maybe take measures to avoid being alone?

Cause it's not gonna change, being weak when alone only makes sense.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Good. It's not supposed to be fair. You had three chances to escape and you still failed. Too bad so sad.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 801
    Options

Hurr durr, just find the hatch first 4head

Oh wait, the killer already closed the hatch the moment it opened.

Just open a gate 4head

Oh wait, the killer can see both gates so it's impossible to open one without being seen.

Yeah it sucks, bUt It'S aN aSyMmEtRiCaL gAmE so just let the killer have their free kill despite the fact that they failed to catch you fairly.

There are a bunch of ways to make this better, like changing the hatch so it only spawns once there is one person left (or once all the gens are done). That way both the killer and survivor have an equal chance to find it, rather than the killer instantly stomping it shut. It would also prevent early escapes using keys, which also sucks big dongers.

Buffing Wake Up would make the situation more tolerable as well.

It's a shame because the EGC is great fun when there are multiple survivors left.

• Impala
    Impala Member Posts: 145
    Options

It isn't supposed to be fair, why does a survivor have to be rewarded if his teammates are sacrificed? Endgame as it is right now is perfect, you have your chance to escape but you don't have a higher chance than the killer to win. Maybe next time don't rely on an hatch escape and do gens. (I'm more of a survivor main btw)

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

EGC Starts:

Survivor: Man.. My time has come...

-Survivor begins to search all unlooted chests to find key-

-Survivor finds broken key and it starts to rain-

Survivor: -Looks into the sky on their knees- "Whhyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!"

The EGC consumes the survivor.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

It’s fine the way it is. It supposed to be an almost guaranteed win for the killer at this point since they have pretty much won already. The only thing I think should be changed are the exit gates spawning 5 feet away from each other. And I’m not just saying this for the last survivor EGC scenarios, but in general this just shouldnt happen.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375
    Options

My girlfriend survivor mains and regularly escapes EGC by the various methods described above. So it's possible.

If you really don't like it bring a key and a stalk the killer to the hatch. Let him close it and escape after he dips to patrol the gates.

As a killer main in think the match is super lame but I see it's value to the game.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

I probably only find the hatch about 70% of the time before the survivor, I don't slug the second to last survivor to hunt for the last one because it's boring. Getting out 30% of the time when you've already lost is a gift take it

• Jackikins
    Jackikins Member Posts: 66
    Options

Yes, DBD is an Asymmetrical game.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

This is not correct, I've had some very clever survivors snake me out of my win, and I've done it to killers as a survivor plenty of times. So it is quite possible, you've just gotta play sneaky and smart, and even then it usually won't work, which is good

• BOSS242
    BOSS242 Member Posts: 171
    Options

So if i have this right, it unfair to the killer cuz the survivor who's 3 other team mates were out played and that survivor didn't play well enough to carry 3 other players in the match should only have like a 10% chance of escape?

I guess it makes sense, it would kinda be like if killer got something stupid like one hit downs and speed boost for all the gens being done. xD

I don't think people are asking for a 50/50 shot at EGC but it shouldn't be 90% hopeless either.

It could be something small like hatch reopening after a minute. They could still just close it again but It would make killers add the hatch to their patrol during EGC just enough to add play and in turn "fun" for both sides.

• baesik
    baesik Member Posts: 25
    Options
  • Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

Patrolling 2 gates is already a lot sometimes.

The egc is there to put an end to the game, not for the survivor to have a last chance of escape.(that is the hatch)

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

You're comparing apples and oranges there. NOED can be completely prevented by the survivors if they are thorough and cleanse all the totems. If you rush through the generators as fast as possible, you're risking getting hit by NOED.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

the survivor is supposed to lose a 1 v 1 against the killer.

thats why there are 4 of you - because you wouldnt stand a chance in a 1 v 1 fight.

you should be thankful that you even have the hatch as a free escape when you failed. and if you fail there aswell, you get another free escape chance. at some point a killer deserves the 4k, dont you agree?

he literally denied you 2 escape routes AND spotted you before you could utalize the 3rd. that should be enough.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Well I mean yeah, 1v1 is unfair. Survivors are weaker than the killer on an individual basis. This is the entire point of the game.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    Options

1v1 isn't fair? Course not

That's because its a 4v1