Proposed SIMPLE balance solution to SWF?

I've played a fair number of games now against Survive With Friends groups and I agree with the consensus that the ability of the SWF team to communicate and coordinate really tips the scales in their favor. Sometimes things go well for you as the killer (I recently wiped twitch streamer Nonaddictive's team as a Trapper), but generally you're overwhelmed and outmatched.

As a dev myself (who just happens to enjoy Dbd and hence is interested in seeing it continue to be a good game), I've been wondering if there are some really SIMPLE ways to balance SWF that wouldn't require a whole new mode or gameplay rework. I mean, I think SWF is a legitimate mode of play and clearly some people really like it - And as a dev you must respect the desires of your player base - but how can you better balance things for the killer when the SWF team has the advantage of being highly coordinated?

One idea that came to mind (that I'm confident would be very easy to implement and test given current game mechanics and assets) would be to simply count up how many SWF players are in a match and then award the killer a permanent bloodlust buff in proportion.

2 SWF = +1 level of Bloodlust
3 SWF = +2 level of Bloodlust
4 SWF = +3 level of Bloodlust

Not sure how well it would work - but my sense is that it might even things up and keep things more interesting for both killers and the SWF groups. Maybe killers might even like SWF groups if they're sped up like this because they'd feel powerful and dangerous again?

What do you think?

Do you have any other SIMPLE solutions that the devs might actually be able to implement?

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

That would be kinda insane if we are honest.
    No, thats not a solution

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    They should add in something like what the hunter has in death garden. Like a boost of speed to cross the maps faster.. the killer is powered by an evil entity right now if I'm not playing nurse or Billy I dont feel powerful whatsoever 
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

It would just be easier to put permanent exhaustion, blindness on the swfs.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    yeah maybe if it only affects the people in the swf. Because what about the solo players that would be completely screwed with bloodlust 2 constantly 
  • Troylus
    Troylus Member Posts: 40

@Bravo0413 said:
    They should add in something like what the hunter has in death garden. Like a boost of speed to cross the maps faster.. the killer is powered by an evil entity right now if I'm not playing nurse or Billy I dont feel powerful whatsoever 

I didn't know this was a DeathGarden solution. It does seem viable.

And, incidentally, mirrors my original suggestion precisely.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326

I had an idea going through my head for some eons now, don't know if people would like it...

SWF groups now share their hook progression. This way they would probably be a little less cocky with their lifes, since you can go for the weakest link and drain the hooks out of them. At one point the hooked guy dies, since they've run out and all the other SWF players would be on their death hook. To clarify, the hooked guy can be on the hook longer, but he drains the others hook progression as well as his own.

• DepravedKiller
    DepravedKiller Member Posts: 182

Many idea's have come up with fixing SWF counters and i'm sure the Dev's are not going to punish players for using a game mode they introduced into the game.
    Instead i think the better approach is to reward killers for playing a SWF group. One good idea is giving them a Blood point multiplier at the end of the game, the killers may not get as many points during the match vs a non SWF group so i think this approach would be a good start.