Why Chapter 14th IS gonna be a Jason one. (useless post since chapter 14th is the oni)

Options

Comments

• BackByDaylight
    BackByDaylight Member Posts: 92
    edited September 2019
    Options

@KillermainBTWm8 He literally didn't dispute any facts all he said was "Copyright Litigation" so thank you for these two Terms I guess (shrugs)

@Penny Chase your dreams, if you want Jason in this game let's make it happen me personally I liked to see any licenses they can bring in except for Leprechaun ,only because I think his movies are ridiculous and have know consistency to them imo.

Also like you said not all of the Fr13th are tied to Victor Miller I'm sure they sold a Jason or two.There's actually a sequel to Jason Lives coming out called Jason Never Dies maybe the devs can get those rights.The dev's make awesome orginal content and all play with all Orginals but Legion is probably my favorite because he can vault and get half away across the map lol we also need these Horror Icons . If you're a true horror fan you would actually becoming up with solutions instead of sanctimonious hypocrisy TBF.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2019
    Options

@BackByDaylight Unless something has changed in a mere two months since the last interview, and my Google searching hasn't turned up anything, Jason Never Dies is not coming out. Not even close. It was just a spec script written by the guy that wrote Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives that is getting a lot of press lately.

But it isn't in production at all. It was merely a spec script, meaning a script written in the hopes that the studio would one day want to buy it.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3575843/tom-mcloughlins-winter-set-jason-never-dies-script-pits-jason-female-cast-exclusive/

• BackByDaylight
    Options

You're the second shape I know who said maybe they should do just orginals, and I think you only want DBD to be about Michael but you have to share that Spotlight buddy with somebody 😜

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

I want jason can destroy walls, windows and undropped pallets

• Sziosis
    Sziosis Member Posts: 198
    Options

You sly dog. Commenting that way makes us speculate more! Well played, sir.

• Chuckyyo
    Chuckyyo Member Posts: 65
    Options

Cote's comments in the behind the scenes made me think that they have something big in the bag for one of the next chapters... But the legal stuff seems bad. I'd love it, but I'd also love to see Pinhead or sth like that.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
  • n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267
    edited September 2019
    Options

chucky would be more fun . would add more to the game , what i mean is that all license killers are rather simply in power etc . chucky could have new mechanic just like nurse has own mechanic diffrent chases from killers . idk would be cool

also myers and jason in same game would be weird cuz their fanbase attack each other so hard on who is stronger etc :) also in personality they are kinda similar

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited September 2019
    Options

Now I am F13 vet who knows all about the lawsuit blah blah etc etc, but imagine if they EVENTUALLY, maybe in some kind of fantasy land, after all the rulings, some kind of agreement happened and DBD got 'Jason'. With no mention of 'Voorhees' or 'Friday 13th' or 'Crystal Lake', basically nothing that Victor Miller created in the original film: just the hockey masked serial killer called 'Jason'. Basically he wouldn't have any real 'lore' in connection to his mother, the camp etc. But he could have the likeness via Horror Inc. But...this would never happen. Not to mention that Jason without his storyline , surname and iconic stomping group would be incredibly lame. *awakes*

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

'Jason' might give Miller a claim Gotta change his name to like Mason or something

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Lmao how does Chucky not fit the game lore wise and gameplay wise?

You just got done quoting McCote about Nothing being impossible. 🤣

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited September 2019
    Options

@BackByDaylight If you were referring to me for that, Myers is my avatar because he was the first slasher movie I ever saw in theaters with my parents back in 1978 when I was around six years old. That movie made me a slasher horror fan.

I love Myers, Freddy, Jason, Candy Man, Texas Chainsaw, My Bloody Valentine, Wrong Turn, Hills have Eyes, The Collector, Hatchet, and many, many, many others.

I also write horror as part of my career as an author. I don't have a hardcore fandom for any one killer. I know, read or watch, and love them all.

I want a Phantasm chapter that brings The Tall Man and Reggie Bannister to DbD. That franchise holds a special place in my heart due to my (now) late father. But after Ash, Ghostface, and Stranger Things all in a row, I would prefer they go back to a few original Killers and Survivors for a chapter or two.

There are two chapters left in the roadmap after Stranger Things. Either make them originals and do more licenses on the next roadmap, or just get the licenses out of their system now, and let the next roadmap be all originals.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

I'll just put this here...😏https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/5046/forum-q-a-june-18th-2018#latest

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

QUESTION FROM @ITOQUI

Is it possible to add Jason to the game? since F13 is dying?

ANSWER

Having Jason in the game or not is in no way linked to his presence in other products.

We are always on the lookout for iconic characters that would fit well in the fog!

Obviously, Jason has a standing invitation 

• BackByDaylight
    edited September 2019
    Options

@Kilmeran

Ps. people also have requested Phantasma

Post edited by BackByDaylight on
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I sure hope not. Jason is boring. He would be a very straight forward, M1 killer. I'd rather run Trapper.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

'Jason' could give Miller a leg to stand on. Gotta change his name to Mason or something

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Chapter 14 is gonna be BIG DAAAAAAAADDY COOL, DIESEL!

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

You like the FvJ Jason? For real? What do you like about him?

His design (IMO) was awful. Wasn't he the one with the long hair too? Or maybe that was Jason Goes to Hell... His movements were so gangly and awkward too...he didn't have the rage that they had spent the prior 10 releases building.

Either way, you might be the only one in the world, past present or future, that actually likes that one!!! Whoa!!! But for real, what is it that you like about that one? (genuinely asking, not trying to argue any version of jason is inherently better by any means...it's still jason)

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options

there is no new map with the next chapter. so its obvious that no survivor is coming with it.

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    Options
  • BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    edited September 2019
    Options

Yeah even if it was possible to release Jason like they did Ghostface, where it's just the design with none of the "lore" it just wouldn't work

Ghostface worked because really the only thing that matters is the design. Ghostface's identity changed in every movie so ultimately all that matters is the design itself. Because once the villain assumed the identity of Ghostface they pretty much act mostly the same

If you take Jason away from everything that gives him identity then what's the point? There is only one Jason

And this is coming from a person who has never seen any Friday The 13th movies. Mostly because the gore is just too much

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

It will not be Jason. The rights are in dispute. Until that's settled there'll be no new things for that franchise.

Fan films are privately made and not for profit. They're allowed to draw on source material so long as you aren't making money.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379
    Options

Fan Films are allowed because they are unofficial non profit productions

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

Lol that makes no sense. You'd have no idea how Jason's powers would work. Your comment is straight up ignorant.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

He would have to have some sort of teleport (like Freddy's). It's so iconic....BUT, if they were forced to use the reboot license, or worse, the FvJ license (ick!), who knows what his power could be...and to be honest, if it were those licenses, would anyone even buy it!?

But the original 10....he magically appears in front of victims all the time! I would love to see that ability manifested in this game. I actually believe that this game could do a better job of making Jason fun and unique the the F13th game that is already out.

(PS: I am talking about he one available on PS4 and PC...NOT the Nintendo game...which was also awesome but ridiculously hard...unless you had Game Genie).

• Warlock_2020
    Options

Seriously, what are they going to give Jason beyond a machete?! Have you watched the 13 plus movies? I have seen them all. No super power here, just keeps coming and swings a machete. M1 all the way. The ignorance is in not understanding the source material.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options
  • ProfoundEnding
    Options

There's plenty they can do. They gave Jason awesome abilities in F13: The Game. The developers could easily come up with something exciting and fun. Your own lack of creativity should not reflect others ability to create something unique.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Wat

Fan films are... uh, fan films. They aren't officially involved with the property they're using. That's why they're called fan films. Some companies are very rigorous about sending C&Ds to fans who start these kinds of projects. Some are not. I cannot speak to the operating policies of either Sean S. Cunningham or Victor Miller when it comes to those kinds of projects, but that is totally unrelated to any licensing deal that Behaviour may or may not pursue.

Re: Your last sentence, I do not think you understand hyperbole at all.

• Warlock_2020
    Options

Not sure how this turned into personal attacks, but you should learn to have discussions without them or refrain from having them until you mature some. That said, I played that game and though he had some interesting abilities he still was pretty straight forward.

M1 killers have interesting abilities as well, but are still M1 killers. Trapper, Wraith, Hag, Pig, Clown, etc. Jason's character concept lends to him being more in line with Trapper (who is boot-leg Jason) than with Billy or even Michael.

If you insist on more personal attacks, I'll be happy to ignore your future posts. Just because we disagree does not mean one of us is somehow stupid.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

Except the moment they add Jasom the legal battle extends to DBD potentially killing it exactly like friday the 13th game. We wont be able to get future content till everything is cleared up. Updated become battles for the dev's. At that point they would either delete Jason DLC and remove him from the game refunding ppl Bloodpoints and auric cells or watch the game die from stagnation. Not to mention is they add cosmetics for him.

TLDR Adding Jason ensures DBD's death by legal reasons preventing DBD's growth.

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    Options

I prefer original killers

• ProfoundEnding
    edited September 2019
    Options

I never said you were stupid. I said you lacked creativity due to assuming someone else's capability of creating something. You call Hag an M1 killer yet she's one of my favorites and super fun to play. I suppose if Jason was in the same boat, that doesn't necessarily mean he'll be boring. In fact, of that list, I think Clown, and Pig are super fun to play too. My boyfriend personally loves to play Trapper as well. "M1" killers can be fun, they can be creative, and I'm sure most people could care less of the power if it means they get to play as Jason Voorhees.

Post edited by ProfoundEnding on
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,691
    Options

This thread should be re-titled "smoke where there is no fire"

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Obviously you haven't seen all the movies, because you are not aware that Jason had super powers. Ever since he became Zombie Jason he started getting all sorts of weird powers. There was a time he could even hypnotize and possess people to eat his flesh, then jump from body to body.

So no, he is not just "keeps coming and swinging a machete."

Don't act like you know the movies when you clearly don't.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176
    Options

Jason is so boring

• ProfoundEnding
    Options

That's just your opinion. He's an iconic slasher character and the people that want him outweigh the people that don't.

• BackByDaylight
    Options

Found this on YouTube today.

https://youtu.be/9poVkTkNeYI

• Warlock_2020
    Options

I have seen those. Do you really think a hypnotizing power will work in DbD? And those were probably worse than the Leprechaun movies. Img were those bad. I'm only referring to powers that he has that would translate to DbD. Jason's true power is being unkillable. We don't see that in DbD. He'd be an M1 killer and any stretch of the imagination would be reaching too far. I think there are much better options that are not licensed

Vampire

Wendigo

Werewolf

Zombie-like Quaker judge from the Salem Witch trials

Wicker man

Slender Man

Or pull from non movie licenses like resident evil, silent hill, etc

In reality, Jason is less a creative option than most ideas I've seen on this forum and reddit. Then again, what do I know about creativity, right? LoL

• Warlock_2020
    Options

Wait, ######### said M1 was not fun to play? I main Trapper with a side of Doc and Pig. I cheat on them with Hag. This is not about M1 not being fun. It is about Jason not being a good addition to the game, imo. He would most likely be M1, and I'd like to see something more imaginative than him in the game. See the list above.

• BackByDaylight
    edited September 2019
    Options

• BackByDaylight
    Options

@Warlock_2020 All killers are base M1,R2,RT and whatever switch buttons are ,but they have a unique power that's sets them apart from each other.

• Jiren24
    Jiren24 Member Posts: 19
    Options

I like Slenderman, but he's licensed unfortunately.

• Richter_Cade
    Richter_Cade Member Posts: 91
    Options

Yes, they would. They say nothing is off the table because if they say something is not happening right now then in two years time it happens people start with the nonsense. "But they said it wouldn't happen forehead!" Just look at the demogorgon thing, they said once they didn't want a non humanoid killer and idiots that don't know what humanoid means won't shut up now.

You're using inductive reasoning to take a comment with almost no bearing on Jason as some kind of evidence he will be in the game, inductive reasoning itself is flawed and your argument is more so. The devs were just covering their bases, that's it.

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497
    Options

I like that idea. However, Voorhees is so heavily licensed that it may very well be practically impossible to implement. Regardless, I support your claims. This is a good idea.

But I also feel like Pennywise and other killers like Jack Torrance could do well also. For instance, I had an idea that Pennywise could have a balloon ability where he could be suspended into the air for a certain time period of about, let's say, 10 seconds, and could scout out the area and easily see survivour's locations, with his ability having a reasonable cooldown. God, he could attack with basically anything judging on his shapeshifting abilities! Fear could be a perk he could use as well.

But see that there, what I just brainstormed, is, and always will be, just a theory. Cause DEVs and game companies work in mysterious ways. We don't know what's coming... could be anything! We'll just wait and see.

And also, with the Sackhead Jason skin idea, we could also have Jason X? That'd be sick.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Slender man is an urban legend isn't he? If he is then he can't be licensed.

I wonder if they'll do the terminator as a killer as deathgarden got a terminator hunter. Maybe they're an easy to approach license holder.