Killers, what honor code, if any, do you have?

Options
AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003

Basically what nice things do you do to the survivors? For example not tunnelling, not camping for any reason, or not slugging or the like, and what things do survivors do that makes you break the code?

I usually don't tunnel unless it's the only survivor i can find, and I also try not to slug for the 4k (I'll slug and just leave you to either bleedout or let the other guy help you up and find hatch in that time). If you teabag, I will down you and hook you. Chain META perks and then teabag at pallet? The other survivors can go; as long as you die I'm happy.

Comments

• Objectively_speaking
    Options

Me it's this, I hook you and I'll leave (Legion) however usually after 3-4 hooks survivors literally just sprint to the hook, so I deepwound both players and either leave or down the unhooker, also if it's a new player I'll DW them instead of downing (you can tell).

• StupidPallets
    StupidPallets Member Posts: 395
    Options

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I typically let one survivor escape when I play Nurse, but that's only if they got destroyed and they weren't cocky. :)

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options
  • ignoredprayers
    ignoredprayers Member Posts: 42
    Options

If I see someone getting intentionally screwed over by a teammate, I will tunnel and camp the person who did it (blocking loops on purpose / unhooking in front of me without borrowed time / or just otherwise being scummy to someone on their team)

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Mmm I give the hatch sometimes for survivors, depending from my humor xd

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Does it make it a code if you just do it regardless of that?

Cause not tunneling/camping is often part of an honor code, but i don't do it just cause it's not fun.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

If you farm a survivor more than once you're next on the hook. There's no reason to unhook a survivor while I'm chasing you. Let another teammate get them... Don't get me started on Deliverance 🙄

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384
    Options

Take it easy on the DLC releases. I'll do the "unimaginable" acts of tunneling and camping some other day.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

You unhook a survivor while I'm around without bt? I'll slug him to deny your points and you're going on the hook.

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229
    Options

Simplest way to put it is i play how they want.

Don't ######### know why i play nice, but I do. I hook someone and leave the immediate area, I don't tunnel and if i accidently find the survivor i just unhooked the most I'll do is slug them and head off, I dont camp even when I should unless i see someone, if i steamroll i usually let the last have the hatch, unless I know the last two survivors are near one another i dont slug for the 4k. I go as far as not even using powerful addons or perks because survivors get so whiny about it.

But you know the damdest thing? No matter how easy i take it on them, even when i play how they want me to play, so THEY can have the most fun possible. They still whine, cry, and send hatemail far too often. They still teabag at pallets and windows, they still act toxic.

Ive been thinking about posting something about this. Just stop playing nice killers.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I may occasionally give the last person the Hatch if people DC en masse near the start. That's about it.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,024
    Options

I typically have no problem slugging ppl. I often will slug someone freshly unhooked and will chase someone else if I can find em. If the freshly unhooked guy gets up... That's fine. This is mostly just to avoid eating DS, but it also is considered the nicer thing to do. I also don't slug for the 4k anymore, UNLESS I can start a chase with the last survivor immediately. Slugging for the 4k while searching the map is just boring. Anymore... If the last guy gets hatch, I'm not too broken up about it.

• pootis_Bear
    pootis_Bear Member Posts: 645
    Options

Anything goes for me

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

If someone straight gives up I'll give them the hatch since I feel bad but only if they aren't toxic

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
    Options

If they're not toxic, I won't tunnel.... (unless there's like 1 gen left) and I won't BM like shaking my head. Normally if I down the last survivor after the hatch is open I'll let him have it, but if I'm tryharding (trying to rank up) I'll kill them all.

TL;DR - if they aren't toxic neither am I

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528
    Options

This! I'll purposefully try to motion to the other 2 to heal the farmed guy up too. I know how unfun being on the other end of being farmed is like, so I usually have pity.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    Options

If I see a survivor getting farmed by the others, I let that one go and kill the farmers.

If I'm in a decent position, I will try not to tunnel a survivor. If I happen to run into him again however, I'll hook them.

If someone DCs I go a bit easier on the whole team and give the last person the hatch.

I'm not rude toward survivors unless they're rude to me first.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068
    Options

######### is Honour? I know only entity

and bbq stacks

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907
    Options

if two or more survivors disconnect, i'll let the other two or one live. and if a survivor manages to get me to laugh, they get to live no matter what. i also typically kill a person who farms another off the hook. cause i know that pain all too well.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I dont camp or go twice after the same person. No Mori. Not dodging any survivors.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    Options

I don't really have an honor code in DbD, because in my personal cosmology that's something that should never be broken. Otherwise, there's no honor in it at all.

While I prefer not to camp or tunnel, there are exceptions where I will. I'll camp a survivor who thought it fun to keep t-bagging me or flashlight clicking me for no real reason. He wants to annoy me like a misbehaving child? Fine. He's getting punished. His match is over.

If the only person I can see is the unhooked survivor, since I tend to try to move away from the hook and go back on patrol, then that's who I'll chase and down. I won't let them go and go hunting for the unhooker or another healthy survivor just because they came off the hook. That allows them to heal or go grab a gen, and I might not find someone else fast enough, and that's cutting off my nose to spite my face.

I will slug if it fits what I want to do. I've slugged to prevent the hatch escape. I've slugged to use them as bait for other survivors. Sometimes, I won't slug because I just want my 4-stacks of BBQ, some points in different categories, and that's all.

Likewise, if I am hunting BP, but don't necessarily want to pip or double pip, I'll do my hooks, my hits, my gen kicks, but allow them to eventually complete the gens and escape.

Each match depends on my mood and goal.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,592
    Options

I rarely operate on any honor code. However, if I see a Survivor's teammates sand-bagging them or just generally being jerks to them, I'll kill them first.

• Blackowt_9120
    Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 300
    Options

I don’t facecamp, I make an attempt not to tunnel unless they’re the only ones I can see. I will absolutely patrol hooks with gens, and although I understand that survivors don’t like being slugged, it’s often the best possible move killers can make in certain situations so complaining about it is ignorant and selfish, and imma do it if it benefits me.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    Options

I do my best to avoid tunneling and camping, I try to take it easy on visibly new players, I never DC or lobby dodge. However grim things get, I stick it out. Both so everyone can collect their rewards and so I can challenge myself to have a range of experiences.

I also may never use an ebony mori again. I've only done it once, and it felt really good to wipe the floor with an SWF group, but about an hour afterward I started to feel pretty bad about it. I don't like knocking people out of the game too quickly.

All bets are off once the last gen pops, though. The second those gates power up, I start playing for keeps. Particularly if I have 2 or fewer kills. This is when I start slugging people just to use them as bait while I have 99% on Evil Within. This is when I stop letting people off the hook, literally.

I still try to avoid death hooking people at this stage because I want to draw out altruists, though. If my bait dies, nobody's coming for them. So if I've downed someone repeatedly, especially if it's led to me getting additional hooks from oblivious altruists, there's a good chance I'll drop them off at the exit or hatch as my way of saying thanks.

The only thing that brings out real salt in me is people who DC early and send me hate messages. If you abandon your team and start sending me XBL messages about how I'm garbage while I'm snowballing all over the people you left behind, I'm going to let you know that I think you're a selfish coward who doomed your teammates.

Likewise for those occasional survivors who abandon their less skilled or fortunate teammates during endgame and then try to brag about it. If you send me a "gg ez" message when you're the only who made it out and you left a wounded teammate crying in the corner to die... yeah. I'm going to make sure you remember that.

That's about it, though. I like to keep it chill. The vast majority of survivors are chill back, and it's always heartwarming to get the occasional "well played" message or such.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

So I see it as, my world my rules, if I have fun torturing everyone I might let someone go, on rare occasions I let everyone go but that's only if they are all quaking in their boots and not cocky. In my game you a #########.

I tunnel when I need too, if the situation deems that tunneling might be the right move and give me back the momentum.

I don't camp, that's not fun for me and it's a sure fire way to 100% lose UNLESS, it's at the end game and it could guarantee you at least 1 kill. At that point I realize that I had done bad this game but killing a Survivor will give me 500 points and those are juicy points which I would like. Also who doesn't enjoy that end game chase to freedom as a Survivor? That is literally in every horror movie.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I actually do try to ensure fun for all.

• No tunneling, unless there are twins, triplets, or quadruplets playing and I just can’t tell who’s who.
    • Camping is boring and ineffective, so no.
    • When the exit gate bug occurs and someone is running around outside, I count that as “they won”, so I nod at them trying to get them to trust me. For those that do, I’ll try to lead them to the hatch or at least help them find it.
    • This past week, with all the new players (and it’s obvious who’s new), I give them extra chances. Let them wiggle free (or dribble them if they don’t wiggle). Look at them and then run a different direction. Walk right up to the locker they’re in, nod, and then walk away. Stuff like that.
  • Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

If it's a baby dwight, I will always let him escape. I just have a fondness for Dwights in general. I've never witnessed one be toxic and they always seem so innocent.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Baby Dwight, yes! I fully agree! I couldn’t tell if you were being sarcastic on the rest of your post though.

Let’s just say that if you’ve never met a Dwight wearing the “Fu Crew” shirt, then you’ve got a mess of toxic sludge waiting in your near future! 😏

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Aside from not abusing exploits, I don’t have an honor code. If I see you, you’re going on that hook whether you like it or not. I have to please the spider god in the sky.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587
    Options

I've never met the Fu Crew shirt Dwights but I have run into the full pizza attire Dwights. They were a blast to go against.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

As killer I always be respectful as possible! Never tunnel or camp but if they do one thing toxic like taunt me or bring flashlights then I lose almost all morals. I never face camp though!

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

The only time I'll play nice is 2 or more DCs. Because, at that point, you have no chance.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

I play how I wish which is generally to hook all 3 times and sacrifice without tunnelling or camping I just hook and leave. It's the only way I feel I will get better at each killer by fine tuning my mind games and learning the tiles so I have an advantage.

I don't have an honour code but making a personal goal win or lose is another game in itself.

• Kycer
    Kycer Member Posts: 337
    Options
    • never use NOED
    • never tunnel unless if the survivor is being an a$$hole.
    • Never camp no matter what.
    • never use prayer beads on spirit.
    • always go for the unhooker, never go after the unhooked no matter what.
    • always say GG even when I lose.
  • FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257
    Options

I have no honor but luckily that's not what this game is about

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

Anything goes, but i wont tunnel or camp at all in the beginning of the match.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

If there are extreme cases of DCs i just give the last one hatch they could also earn hatch if they showed enough skill that wasnt mindless looping and i know i got my pip.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,230
    edited September 2019
    Options

I always try to spread the love, and not hook the same survivor twice in a row.

The exception is that I try to tunnel survivors with racist names, but invariably they're the best players somehow and my tunneling backfires. :(

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    edited September 2019
    Options

My person code goes as this

• I dont enjoy being camped or tunneled so I wont do it.
    • Slug with a purpose not just to be a dick. Use it as a way to apply pressure as a second objective. I wont slug for the 4k.
    • If the unsafe hook is done down the unhooked and then chase the unhooker. Denying bloodpoints and a emblem point to the unhooker.
    • If I wouldn't like it done to me as a survivor attempt to avoid it.
    • If the unhooked survivor is found I will chase you and if I find someone else change targets.
    • If I feel the last survivor deserves hatch I'll take them on a trip to find it. If you wiggle I'll M1 once to get you to understand. If you continue to wiggle I'll hook you.
    • If I see a survivor purposely start body blocking, AFK, Farming others. I will hook you and proceed to kill you ASAP.
    • If you dont ready up in my lobby expect a mori. If I happen to be out of Ivory Mori I'll bring a Ebony for you.
    • Toxic behavior will usually get you and your team to be taken seriously. Those games are boring and end too fast. I dont get good BP.
    • My skins thicker then yours. My ego wont be bruised by your remarks. More importantly I find your salt the best thing ever. Original comments are usually the best ones as i never see them.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

I haven't been playing because I am out of town, so....

You're welcome I guess.

other than that, I use the tools the game gives me, unfortunately, what I consider "competitive pvp", survivors consider "toxic"

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

I don't know if it's an honor code,but I just don't tilt. I don't facecamp people, I only "tunnel" them if they somehow manage to gk down after I've killed the unhooker, I don't "punish" people for taunting me.

It seems like most survivors like to take solace in their loss by going "I only lost because the killer was toxic!" or "Wow he was really mad!". Denying people like that the satisfaction gets them tilted, makes them play worse next game, etc. Just don't tilt.

As for other survivor rules like "Let one escape" and all that? Lolno, points please.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Why do people always ask for honour codes, or rules, or guidelines for killer, but no one ever asks that for survivors?

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134
    Options

Why ask for "honor codes" in a pvp game?

I f it's not cheating or hacking, how in the world is it "toxic" (aside from the kids in post game chat)?f

I camp when I want to camp and tunnel when it makes sense. I run moris when I want and noed when it makes sense. If a survivor gets all sweaty about it, it sounds like they have a more personal problem and may want to consider co-op games instead of pvp.

or perhaps those people are just used to handouts and participation trophies.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    Options

"Honor code" as a serial killer...sure I play the game and kill survivors thats it no honor code bullshit but because I don't give free passes to survivors because some entitled player made a rule book I get hatemail 10 times compared to any other I game I have ever played.