Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Best Balance Patch Yet

ComelyStar
ComelyStar Member Posts: 187
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Amongst all the trash there has to be truth. The new changes are for the better and great - good survivors will know this. I hope the Devs won't make a mistake and listen to all those whiny survivor mains crying themselves into the ground.

Quality of life has returned to the game, at last.

(Btw, I'm a survivor main.)

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I will forever say that unbiased survivor mains are the best <3 
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    I agree, especially the improved perks on both sides. Its still a long walk to balance but they definitely did steps towards the right direction. 

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

While not great, this is probably the best foot forward to balancing the game yet. Still work to do, for both sides to get balance.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    YESSSS THANK YOU FOR THE POOLS! Now killers can't derank and survivors can't torture newbie killers! This is super awesome because it helps balance out the game and prevent trolling. Also, helps when rank reset happens ppl aren't getting slaughtered (on both sides). This helps as now we will see less op players at the wrong ranks which means hopefully less bitching about either side being unbalanced. I just can't say thanks enough! As a survivor main this makes me happy to see, more balance equals more fun. Now can we all just get along lol 😉😎👍
    Edit: words

While the pools are a good thing, it doesnt fix the core problem with rank in DBD. You literally cant play casual because there is no casual mode and there are no rewards for rank....... (maybe changign soon?)

• OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

Agreed. This is a really good patch overall. I play 50%-50% Killer Survivor and these changes are a big step.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

As someone who mains survivor as well, I love the new changes. I'll need time to adapt to them, but I'm glad the devs are balancing things out.

Literally can't wait to try the new Solo Survivor and Save The Best For Last!
  • ComelyStar

@Master said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    YESSSS THANK YOU FOR THE POOLS! Now killers can't derank and survivors can't torture newbie killers! This is super awesome because it helps balance out the game and prevent trolling. Also, helps when rank reset happens ppl aren't getting slaughtered (on both sides). This helps as now we will see less op players at the wrong ranks which means hopefully less bitching about either side being unbalanced. I just can't say thanks enough! As a survivor main this makes me happy to see, more balance equals more fun. Now can we all just get along lol 😉😎👍

While the pools are a good thing, it doesnt fix the core problem with rank in DBD. You literally cant play casual because there is no casual mode and there are no rewards for rank....... (maybe changign soon?)

They did say they want to give rewards for reaching Rank 1 in the future, but when is unclear. It's obviously not a priority, and shouldn't be. But yes, it doesn't entirely solve the problem with ranks and most importantly it still doesn't stop survivors from intentionally ranking down to level 15 instead of 20. Won't make too much of a difference to them.

• Master

@ComelyStar said:

@Master said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

They did say they want to give rewards for reaching Rank 1 in the future, but when is unclear. It's obviously not a priority, and shouldn't be. But yes, it doesn't entirely solve the problem with ranks and most importantly it still doesn't stop survivors from intentionally ranking down to level 15 instead of 20. Won't make too much of a difference to them.

Survivors dont need to derank, they can simply play SWF with a single low rank survivor and they can bully a low rank killer. I bet that this is still the case^^

• mdoa212
    mdoa212 Member Posts: 29

@Master said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Master said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

Survivors dont need to derank, they can simply play SWF with a single low rank survivor and they can bully a low rank killer. I bet that this is still the case^^

That's awful, the majority of the survivor ranks in a swf group should decide the rank of the killer, not one outlier. At the very least make it an average based system (i.e a swf team with the following ranks 15/15/15/20 will end up with a rank 16 killer)

• Master

@mdoa212 said:

@Master said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Master said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

That's awful, the majority of the survivor ranks in a swf group should decide the rank of the killer, not one outlier. At the very least make it an average based system (i.e a swf team with the following ranks 15/15/15/20 will end up with a rank 16 killer)

Yes thats awful, but thats the way devs implemented it. I still remember when I started maining killer the game where I (rank 17) versed 3 rank 1s and a rank 20, was pretty fun.....

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

yes the best one.
    1 more thing and this game is perfect
    just nerf dstrike in the ground

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65

The perk changes won't fix the game. The core mechanics are still flawed. I still cry after seeing a killer shack, jungle gym, and an infinite next to each other. SWF can still trump any killer except nurse.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    I like most of what I see. I don't agree with the exhaustion nerfs, I've never had a problem catching survivors with it. But it's not as bad as some people way it is.

I love everything else though. I'm pumped to slap on the new and improved STBFL and Bitter Murmur!
  • soshidow
    soshidow Member Posts: 104

@ComelyStar said:
    Amongst all the trash there has to be truth. The new changes are for the better and great - good survivors will know this. I hope the Devs won't make a mistake and listen to all those whiny survivor mains crying themselves into the ground.

Quality of life has returned to the game, at last.

(Btw, I'm a survivor main.)

Agreed, I'd have liked some things buffed a little more but there is nothing in the update I would want less of, tweaks maybe, nerfs not at all.

• lasombra1979
    lasombra1979 Member Posts: 1,142

@Master said:

@ComelyStar said:

@Master said:

@slingshotsurvivor said:

I actually love seeing several rank 1s or 2s in my lobby as part of a SWF group. I am low rank because of lack of time to play, not due to skill. So they come thinking they get to bully me around until they are all mori'd. The hatred that flows is amazing.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

I agree. The changes in the last update are very good and was needed, even the nerfs to killer addons. Definitely baby survivors are gonna cry always no matter what. I hope more QOL changes come soon specially for the matchamking system.. My lobby times as a survivor are very fast but when i play killer i have to wait too much.

• ComelyStar

@Irisora said:
    I agree. The changes in the last update are very good and was needed, even the nerfs to killer addons. Definitely baby survivors are gonna cry always no matter what. I hope more QOL changes come soon specially for the matchamking system.. My lobby times as a survivor are very fast but when i play killer i have to wait too much.

Yes, I find a lobby almost instantly and it seems like most killers are not instantly afraid of my legacy face as they used to. But as a killer I also do have to wait quite a while to get some survivors.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

Yeah, and it only took 2 years to do it.

How many more til the next wave of needed balance comes? 5?