Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

I think the pig needs a buff

Hello people of the fog, thanks for looking at my post!

For a few weeks I like to play the pig and I thought about buff ideas. Here is the reason why i think the pig needs a buff. If you set a trap on the survivor (and some Survivors don't care about teammates), then many people turn on the generator to activate the timer. If the timer is activated, the survivor has more than enough time to remove the trap. I stopped the time and the result was:

Without Add-On: The Survivor has 2 minutes to find the correct key (and maybe he is lucky and finds the key in the first box)
With Add-On: The Survivor has 1 minutes 30 seconds to find the correct key.
(The Add-On reduces the death-timer)

My buff ideas:
-Without Add-On: The Survivor has just 1 minutes 30 seconds to find the correct key.
-With Add-On: The Survivor has just 1 minute to find the correct key (and the Add-On is Ultra-Rare)
-The Pig can find in the basement in every locker one more trap or she can collect traps from survivors who h
As a result, the survivor has more stress and probably dies more often with this buff than now Or is not the trap used to kill people or is my Game style wrong?

Comments

• greenzebra64
    greenzebra64 Member Posts: 65

The devs wouldn't allow the possibility of a survivor not being able to get a trap off their head because the key was in the last box that they checked. That is why the minimum time is 1 minute 30 seconds. The only buff they would consider is decreasing the default timer, but they probably already think of The Pig as a strong killer because of rank 20's.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    All she needs is blinder add on to work for jigsaw boxes aura and to remove that damn roar at the start of her ambush and you got a brutal killer
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

My main Amanda does need love....

Imo her traps don't need a time adjustment the timer needs to start right away when the survivor is saved (picked up or unhooked) and there needs to be a penalty for the survivors completing gens while someone has the trap on their head say like 10 seconds each gen...
    the roar does need to be removed or placed at the end of the ambush... her crouch time needs to be reduced and combat straps need to stay the same.... and the stupid bug that screeching needs to also be removed from her ambush as well..... increase in movement speed while crouched
    finally rule set 2
    survivors will only be revealed 1 jigsaw box at a time the survivor must search all jigsaw boxes in order to remove the trap
    amandas letter remove the reduced number of traps

• Arktyos
    Arktyos Member Posts: 18

I forgot my sentence: -The Pig can find in the basement in every locker one more trap or she can collect traps from survivors who found the correct key.

• Arktyos

@greenzebra64 said:
    The devs wouldn't allow the possibility of a survivor not being able to get a trap off their head because the key was in the last box that they checked. That is why the minimum time is 1 minute 30 seconds. The only buff they would consider is decreasing the default timer, but they probably already think of The Pig as a strong killer because of rank 20's.

She can be strong. But your ability is useless if the Survivors won't make a generator. Your ability is usefull when the exits are open and if you can catch someone.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

Pig has always been useless and crap, Rules number 2 should be part of her kit

Amanda letter too punishing leaving her with 1 trap and 2 jigsaw boxes lol

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Arktyos said:

Hello people of the fog, thanks for looking at my post!

For a few weeks I like to play the pig and I thought about buff ideas. Here is the reason why i think the pig needs a buff. If you set a trap on the survivor (and some Survivors don't care about teammates), then many people turn on the generator to activate the timer. If the timer is activated, the survivor has more than enough time to remove the trap. I stopped the time and the result was:

Without Add-On: The Survivor has 2 minutes to find the correct key (and maybe he is lucky and finds the key in the first box)
    With Add-On: The Survivor has 1 minutes 30 seconds to find the correct key.
    (The Add-On reduces the death-timer)

My buff ideas:
    -Without Add-On: The Survivor has just 1 minutes 30 seconds to find the correct key.
    -With Add-On: The Survivor has just 1 minute to find the correct key (and the Add-On is Ultra-Rare)
    -The Pig can find in the basement in every locker one more trap or she can collect traps from survivors who h
    As a result, the survivor has more stress and probably dies more often with this buff than now Or is not the trap used to kill people or is my Game style wrong?

I'm all for buffing Amanda but changing the time on the reverse bear traps isn't the way to go remember they're not designed to kill. what we want is to make them apply more pressure to do that you have to make them more difficult to get off.

* Snap out of it style skill checks jigsaw boxes. Basically same size and same no extra progression effect, this way you can't rush through on great skill checks as will not get you any extra progression. Also because it would be the same size as the snap out of it prompt thid would also make unnerving presence or her add-ons that increase the frequency of skill checks a lot more impactful.

* Make huntress lullaby and Thanatophobia work on jigsaw boxes.
    Currently there are way too many perks that positively effect jigsaw boxes (leader, prove thyself, resilience, spine chill, this isn't happening and stake out) and only one that negatively affects them ( unnerving presence which in itself can actually benefit survivors making it easier to hit greats as the perk isn't hard to deal with) huntress lullaby and Thanatophobia will be the perfect perks to add to the list as they still need to be stacked before they could be effective giving the survivors a chance.

As for her crouching and ambush abilities

* Crouching movement speed should be increased to at least 100% or 105%
    This would make Amanda able to apply a lot more pressure whilst being in her stealth state but not incentivise people to actively chase people around in crouch mode which you really shouldn't be doing.

* Get rid of the insidious screech and delay lay her roar until the end of her charge.
    I don't need to explain this it would make surprise attacks just a lot more effective.

*Increase her base charge and crouch time then change her add-ons accordingly honestly they did this pretty well with Trapper and Hag so basically just do the same for Amanda.

Lastly add-ons

*Fix her Gear add-ons.
    I have had problems with them since release we have been through how many patches now and they haven't been adjusted.

* Increase the Aura reading range of Amanda's letter to 18 or 20 metres or increase the crouch speed 110% when using it. basically to make up for its disadvantages which currently vastly outweigh just 12m aura reading

*Change jigsaws annotated plan ( which is meant to be jigsaw sketch) so it's not so inefficient in comparison to jigsaw sketch (which is meant to be jigsaws annotated plan) like how john's medical file isn't a complete waste in comparison to video tape. Also fix the damn names of the add-ons.

*Amanda's secret like with Amanda's secret it's benefits of vastly outweighed by disadvantages but I don't really have a suggestion to fix it so I'll just say it needs to be tweaked or reworked.

• Arktyos

@Aari_Piggy66 Very nice ideas. I did not think about that, good suggestion!

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

@Someissues said:
    Pig has always been useless and crap, Rules number 2 should be part of her kit

Amanda letter too punishing leaving her with 1 trap and 2 jigsaw boxes lol

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

The actual timer on the traps is 2:30.

There is a change I would love for the Pig though. Seeing as the Reverse Bear Traps pose absolutely no danger at all until a Gen/all Gens are done, I think the Jigsaw Box auras should be hidden. Then revealed once the RBT arms.

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    My Pig buff ideas

1) Surrvivors with no trap cannot see jigsaw boxes.  
    Survivors with a disarmed trap can see jigsaw boxes within 16m
    Survivors with an armed trap can see jigsaw boxes within 28m
    (Also increase death timer by 30 seconds to balance this)

2) Jigsaw box skillchecks grant no progress and are slightly more difficult. A survivor who fails a jigsaw box skillcheck will reset the box search progress and get stuck in the box for 3.5 seconds

3) The pig will now roar when she is at the peak of her ambush attack charge

4) Survivors who die on the hook with a trap will drop the trap and the pig can pick it up again

5) Addon Rework
    -
    Rules Set No. 2: Ultra rare ---> Very Rare
    Amanda's Letter: Utra rare ---> Rare
    Slow Release Toxin: Rare ---> Very Rare

New Uncommon addon: The first box you search will never contain a key

New Rare addon: The first 2 boxes you search will never have a key but increase trap timer by 10 seconds

New Ultra Rare addon: Pedometer - Each 3 seconds that a survivor sprints while trapped will cause the timer to tick an additional second. The timer will also tick at 20% speed during chases

New Ultra Rare addon: Motion Sensor - Slow vaulting a window will cause the trap timer to lose 5 seconds. Fast vaulting a window will cause the timer to lose 8 seconds. Vaulting a pallet will cause the timer to lose 3 seconds.

New Ultra Rare addon: Irridecent Boots - Increase ambush attack distance by 10m

New Rare addon: Venom - Survivors put into the dying state by the ambush attack recover at 50% speed and crawl at 75% speed

New Very Rare addon: Polished boots increase ambush attavk distance by 5m

New Common addon: Spiked boots - Increase ambush attack movement speed by 8%

New Rare addon: Muzzle - Trapped survivors cannot be detected by survivor aura reading perks

New Very Rare addon: Muzzle - The pig will not roar during tbe ambush attack, but slightly increase the charge time

New Common addon: Loose Wire - Increases beeping noises made by traps by  20% in frequency and 15% in volume

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47

I quite like the Pig, but I've always been of the opinion her traps should always be saved for the late game. Place first trap when two gens are repaired. Second when 4 gens are repaired, and the rest once all gens are finished and the gates go down. Timers start instantly and now you just have to rotate around the boxes you think have the key in them. I would like to see more focus put into the ambush. More addons for the ability, some tweaking for the sound effects. I honestly enjoy the ambush more than the traps and would be happy to see it get more love and attention.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I quite like the Pig, but I've always been of the opinion her traps should always be saved for the late game. Place first trap when two gens are repaired. Second when 4 gens are repaired, and the rest once all gens are finished and the gates go down. Timers start instantly and now you just have to rotate around the boxes you think have the key in them. I would like to see more focus put into the ambush. More addons for the ability, some tweaking for the sound effects. I honestly enjoy the ambush more than the traps and would be happy to see it get more love and attention.

As much as I love her I really hate the fact that a lot of her presence realising in end game. And the only real time that it's effective to use your jobs in early to mid game is when you're running a blinder piggy and even then they're still just as easy to deal with as they always are.

Honestly it makes Amanda really predictable both aspects of her power need to really be worked on well I don't think anything should be done to affect the traps themselves the process in taking them off needs to be a lot more difficult something that is so heavily based on RNG should not be so easy.

As for her crouching and ambush as I've stated previously they need to increase the movement speed for one right now you're slower than Nurse and have very little map pressure when crouching.
  • VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47

@Aari_Piggy66 I think a lot of the Pig's problems stem from the general community consensus that some smaller variation of Rule set no. 2 should be a default on her. The point of traps is to waste time first, kill second, but having all the boxes visible kinda makes the traps meh in the early to mid-game. (On a side-note if Third Seal did work on the boxes how much stronger would Amanda be?)

There are other abstract ways to make the traps more engaging. I remember a friend told me his idea of having an area randomly around the map that if the survivor walked over would instantly start the timer. Another way is to have the trap start ticking as soon as the survivor either starts searching a box, or finishes a box and it's a dud. Basically it boils down to have ways to start the timer outside the survivor's control, or have the action of removing the trap have a paywall.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599
    edited July 2018

The puzzle boxes must always be invisible.
    The sow does not roar when attacking with an ambush.
    Change most add-ons.

Add a new addon with 2 inverted bear traps. (very rare)

Reglas Set No.2 (changed)
    slightly increases the time it takes Survivors to search a Jigsaw Box.
    slightly reduces the Reverse Bear Trap death timer
    slightly increases the penalty of failed Skill Checks on Jigsaw Boxes.

Amanda's Letter (changed)
    While crouched, see outlines of Survivors within 12 metres of range.
    Reduces available Reverse Bear Traps by 1.
    Reduces available Jigsaw Boxes by 2.
    Moderately decreases the Ambush Attack charging time.

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

@azazer said:
    All she needs is blinder add on to work for jigsaw boxes aura and to remove that damn roar at the start of her ambush and you got a brutal killer

Agree on the blind but not the roar, she has to many things to get free hits.