The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

They Broke The Game For Survivors

Jeeperrs
Jeeperrs Member Posts: 46

I think they seriously screwed up the game for survivors with this last patch. Killers now have the advantage, they can pretty much see exactly where you are now and with the nerf to sprint burst there is no getting away. Your gonna get hooked and if you have one crappy player or DC then you lost guaranteed. So now the toxicity is going to go up and Im already seeing more hacking and tunneling, camping killers. Very annoying update, this is the only developer that actually can break something that is already broken. SMH they should be embarrassed.

Comments

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Jeeperrs said:
    I think they seriously screwed up the game for survivors with this last patch. Killers now have the advantage, they can pretty much see exactly where you are now and with the nerf to sprint burst there is no getting away. Your gonna get hooked and if you have one crappy player or DC then you lost guaranteed. So now the toxicity is going to go up and Im already seeing more hacking and tunneling, camping killers. Very annoying update, this is the only developer that actually can break something that is already broken. SMH they should be embarrassed.

lol

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Awww now you require skill to be a survivor boo woo
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

This is a fantastic patch.

We just need a DS rework, and hatch close and it is quite close to being balanced finally.

Survivors have held the cards for well over a year. Times are changing. Adapt. Killers have had to adapt and play stressed at times.

This isn't a do whatever the hell you want game anymore.

Stealth.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    powerbats said:

@Dwight_Confusion said:

Stealth.

Yeah stealth when the killer now gets to see where you are even more yeah that's a laughable one considering survivors have been told to stealth before. The killers whined about stealth and got bbq and whispers and now do a gen well the killer sees everyone auras for several seconds. The old hide behind the gen aura doesn't work anymore.

I prefer a stealthy style instead of the pallet looping well now that the auras are more visible guess what killers are going to get pallet looped and window looped into oblivion now. Te majority of survivors that don't do it are going to resort to it now. I for one like the sb nerf since it forces a more stealthy style of play.

The aura changes just take away the stealthier play style even more. I might just start gong for the endless loop and pallet slam bit just to teach a lesson that be careful what you ask for. While I support buffing killers screwing over those who don't abuse game mechanics is stupid.

The gen completion bubble makes it impossible to see the Auras from Bitter murmurs. All you need to do is literally stay there for 5 seconds, or mindgame the same way as bbq (head 1 direction, double back, etc).

It also doesn't show *all* survivor auras, just those within however many meters from the gen completed. Also survivors literally got the same damn thing (dark sense -see the killer whenever you finish a gen, I don't hear killers crying over that...)

Great news if you like Stealth, now calm spirit hard counters Doctors base kit (since he is the most anti stealth killer), and goes great in stealth builds in general now. 
    I really wish people played enough after a patch to learn how to work with changes. It's honestly not that bad. Stealth can still be done, just need to adapt a bit with some perk changes in play.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@RuneStarr said:

The gen completion bubble makes it impossible to see the Auras from Bitter murmurs. All you need to do is literally stay there for 5 seconds, or mindgame the same way as bbq (head 1 direction, double back, etc).

It also doesn't show all survivor auras, just those within however many meters from the gen completed. Also survivors literally got the same damn thing (dark sense -see the killer whenever you finish a gen, I don't hear killers crying over that...)

Great news if you like Stealth, now calm spirit hard counters Doctors base kit (since he is the most anti stealth killer), and goes great in stealth builds in general now. 
    I really wish people played enough after a patch to learn how to work with changes. It's honestly not that bad. Stealth can still be done, just need to adapt a bit with some perk changes in play.

Apparently the aura bubble isn't blocking the killer form seeing survivors when the killer uses the perk. I've seen killer use BM before in place of Ruin so more will use it now. I don't use dark sense and would be fine if they removed it. I've seen killers not use either Ruin or Noed and sometimes not even BBQ depending on killer and map.

Also the Calm Spirit is either bugged or the tooltip is off according to posts already out there on it. I'm going to run some tests on kyf later to see what's happening. As far as SB goes it's fine and long overdue, not sure about the other exhaustion nerfs since i don't ever really use any of those.

• Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76

@Jeeperrs said:
    They Broke The Game For Survivors.

no they don't..

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Jeeperrs said:
    Im already seeing more hacking
    Very annoying update

How in the hell do you even relate those two?

@Jeeperrs said:
    Killers now have the advantage

Like they should, being the side with less people.

@Jeeperrs said:
    they can pretty much see exactly where you are now

Like they said, you can't keep hiding forever, the devs do not want this.

@Jeeperrs said:
    and with the nerf to sprint burst there is no getting away.

If you could never get away without Sprint Burst, and i mean truly away, like losing them and not prolonging the chase, then you need to git gud.

@Jeeperrs said:
    Your gonna get hooked

Part of the game. It's also part of the game for Survivors to escape, yet no Survivor has ever complained about that.

@Jeeperrs said:
    and if you have one crappy player or DC then you lost guaranteed.

Though you're not guaranteed to lose (hatch escapes often give me chills as to how tense i get, i love it), but i can agree someone disconnecting is frustrating and can lead to hard mode.

@Jeeperrs said:
    So now the toxicity is going to go up and Im already seeing more tunneling, camping killers.

And all Killers had loopers and teabaggers 24/7. They're no saints, but the other they aren't saints either. It's just a game, ignore their taunts.

Not even gonna address the last part, it's too silly to take seriously.

• Kurisu
    Kurisu Member Posts: 23

Huh too bad "stealth" doesn't exist in this game because of bad map design and silly big player models with claudette being the only stealthy character.
    The same applies to the way survivors shake off the killer out of a chase and the same goes for why survivors loop the killer instead of trying to get out of the chase. The answer is that you can't, because of the same reason. Map design. (and a mechanic called bloodlust, which only rewards poor killer skills in order to get an easy kill)
    A lot of issues would be already fixed if the devs would have cared enough for the feedback they so much "desire".
    Atleast playing killer is getting less and less stressful than before but I don't see any reason to discredit another person's arguments only because you main killer. (This isn't reddit after all, the whiney killer main domain)

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Cry some more.
  • MinusTheBillie
    MinusTheBillie Member Posts: 349
    Waaaaaaah, waah waaaaaaah! 

• FIEND8LOODED
    FIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 336

@Jeeperrs said:

This guy genuinely think that the killer having the advantage is a bad thing.

Are you ######### kidding me?? Killers are SUPPOSED to have the advantage! You're supposed to feel vulnerable. You should feel like there's not much chance. Who do you think should have the advantage, the victims???

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2018
    Welcome to the game SURVIVORS asked for.

”Hiding and just doing Gens is boring. We want to be chased all game, that’s what’s fun!” ~ Nearly every single Survivor Main on Reddit and Steam forums for the last year and a half. 

SURVIVORS perpetuated this lie over and over for nearly two damn years. This lie was used to protect Looping after infinite’s were taken away. Now, here we are. Survivors are getting what they asked for. No Stealth, less camping, less tunneling, less “boring” gameplay. The developers are rebalancing the WHOLE DAMN GAME to center it around Looping, because Survivors ASKED FOR IT. 

Killers warned Survivors this was going to happen if they didn’t just drop the bullshit of Looping, and learned to hide and juke properly. Now, here we are. Congratulations Survivors, you really screwed the “hide and seek, Hunter vs. Prey” of this game. Now we play a giant game of “Tag! You’re It!” No thinking required, no skill, nothing. FOR BOH SIDES. Now it’s just a giant game of who’s better at abusing game mechanics than the other. 

So so welcome to the game YOU created Survivors.

”You can run, but you can’t hide #########.” ######### enjoy what you’ve done. I know I won’t. As both Killer and Survivor.
  • Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Jeeperrs said:

They didn’t break the game with this patch 
    it’s been one of the best patches in a long time.   Stop crying and adapt. 
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    Lowbei said:

”Hiding and just doing Gens is boring. We want to be chased all game, that’s what’s fun!” ~ Nearly every single Survivor Main on Reddit and Steam forums for the last year and a half. 

SURVIVORS perpetuated this lie over and over for nearly two damn years. This lie was used to protect Looping after infinite’s were taken away. Now, here we are. Survivors are getting what they asked for. No Stealth, less camping, less tunneling, less “boring” gameplay. The developers are rebalancing the WHOLE DAMN GAME to center it around Looping, because Survivors ASKED FOR IT. 

Killers warned Survivors this was going to happen if they didn’t just drop the bullshit of Looping, and learned to hide and juke properly. Now, here we are. Congratulations Survivors, you really screwed the “hide and seek, Hunter vs. Prey” of this game. Now we play a giant game of “Tag! You’re It!” No thinking required, no skill, nothing. FOR BOH SIDES. Now it’s just a giant game of who’s better at abusing game mechanics than the other. 

”You can run, but you can’t hide #########.” [BAD WORD] enjoy what you’ve done. I know I won’t. As both Killer and Survivor.
    calm down
    Yea it kinda felt like reading a manifesto towards the end. 
  • Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

@Jeeperrs said:

Can we stop saying "Nerf to sprint burst", is was a "nerf" to all exhaustion perks, not just SB. I don't understand where this idea comes from.

The patch is fine, I have not had more or less success since the patch started, take a month to adapt before complaining.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited July 2018

@Jeeperrs said:

The killer is supposed to have an advantage.

Post edited by ShrimpTwiggs on
  • SovererignKing
    Lowbei said:

”You can run, but you can’t hide #########.” [BAD WORD] enjoy what you’ve done. I know I won’t. As both Killer and Survivor.
    calm down
    Nah, I’m allowed to as angry as I want. So I kindly invite you to get bent.
  • Sally55
    Sally55 Member Posts: 368

@SovererignKing said:
    Lowbei said:

SovererignKing said:

calm down

No need to be so rude. It's completely uncalled-for

• SovererignKing
    Sally55 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Lowbei said:

SovererignKing said:

calm down

I’m very passionate about the game. It’s my favorite game, so when it gets ruined, I’m going to be upset. I don’t appreciate someone telling me what to do, or how to react to something I care about getting ruined. 

As as a side note : I can tell you’re new to the forums, so I’m just letting you know now, Lowbei is the resident troll and is far worse and far more rude than I am. 
  • Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited July 2018
    Sally55 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Lowbei said:

SovererignKing said:

calm down

agreed! Sovereign needs to stop before I call the police. 
  • Franco
    Franco Member Posts: 1

I look at it this way, they buffed some really useless perks and made them so I would actually consider using them.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    I haven't played the update yet but it's looking good for the health and longevity of the game. Killers have less pressure and survivors won't be able to rely on crutch perks as much. Except well DS. The exhaustion nerf is fine imo. I've never needed exhaustion perks to keep a chase going and I've always had plenty of chances to stop running, which means I'll get Lithe back eventually.

Maybe it's too late but they're finally going in the right direction.
  • ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

This is a fantastic patch.

We just need a DS rework, and hatch close and it is quite close to being balanced finally.

Survivors have held the cards for well over a year. Times are changing. Adapt. Killers have had to adapt and play stressed at times.

This isn't a do whatever the hell you want game anymore.

Stealth.

Ugh, I'm completely against the hatch closing macanic. Yes, I'm a survivor main, but I also play a lot of killer and still think the same way. No one ever brings keys, and a good killer will keep that last survivor from doing that one generation anyway. So if a survivor is the last one alive, they're screwed no matter which way you put it. The hatch was at least a last chance resort. Closing the hatch is just taking that away.
  • mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Hopefully survivors get better lol it's a horror show right now dc's left and right. People getting downed and hooked over and I'm the only one doing gens . Plus is it just me or did the killers save there mori's for the mid season patch lol. Even when I escape there's a mori
  • SovererignKing
    I haven't played the update yet but it's looking good for the health and longevity of the game. Killers have less pressure and survivors won't be able to rely on crutch perks as much. Except well DS. The exhaustion nerf is fine imo. I've never needed exhaustion perks to keep a chase going and I've always had plenty of chances to stop running, which means I'll get Lithe back eventually.

Maybe it's too late but they're finally going in the right direction.
    Balance wise, I agree. Gameplay wise, I have to disagree. 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Sally55 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Lowbei said:

SovererignKing said:

calm down

I’m very passionate about the game. It’s my favorite game, so when it gets ruined, I’m going to be upset. I don’t appreciate someone telling me what to do, or how to react to something I care about getting ruined. 

As as a side note : I can tell you’re new to the forums, so I’m just letting you know now, Lowbei is the resident troll and is far worse and far more rude than I am. 
    Dude I like you and think you’re cool. We’re pals. I don’t think you can blame this on survivors though. Seeing as everything that got nerfed on survivors was being called for by killers or people who play both with hella hours. 
    everything survivor nerfed is crawling all over killer forum asking for nerfs
     Here on the official forum
    Running perks(Bc loops)-killer forum
    bnp-gen rushing - killer forum
    faster pickups Bc flashlights- killer forum
    Self care Bc all the healing - killer forum
    Stealth should be more viable- killer forum maybe some survivors but mostly killers posting in survivors 
    gen rushinf(all the new perks that show survivors around generators or let killers know when one is close to completion- killer forum

survivors did not ask for this.
    anytime a survivor said they didn’t like the survivor changes they were bashed and told to git gud by killers.

im not crying this is just off observation alone. You can check around Bc it’s there. The devs gave killers exactly what they wanted. 

Dont push this on survivors

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited July 2018

No, they're just starting to fix the game for Killers. You just need to adapt.

I've been noticing the amount of threads from salty Survivor mains who refuse to adapt saying that 2.1.0 is trash. It's making me think that maybe this is why BHVR hasn't nerfed DS yet. They foresaw the mountains of salt that will rise once the Survivors realize that their second crutch perk is gone and that they really have to adapt.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

I've played for several hours tonight and survived the majority of the matches I played. Even though I saw a plethora of Hags and Trappers trying out their new buffs with the buffed perks, didn't help them in any significant way.

• GLAD YOU'RE FEELING A TASTE OF A asymmetrical game :)

• BlackHack
    BlackHack Member Posts: 71

@Jeeperrs said:
    I think they seriously screwed up the game for survivors with this last patch. Killers now have the advantage

LOL that was funny man, i mean come on, it's a killer not your GF , there job 2 kill you so of course they must have the advantage

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    And yet somehow, they nerfed huntress and basically nerfed wraith with the tinkerer change.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Jeeperrs said:

good.  i can play killer again.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@SovererignKing Thank you. Finally, someone else who understands that, yes, Survivors are to blame. Someone else who remembers the game's history. Someone else who understands that the two sides are not equally to blame.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

What's the matter sport, not used to a little competition?