Community Poll - Do YOU like the new matchmaking?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695

Yes/No + Reason (optional)

Comments

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

yes

• MysticAdvisor
    MysticAdvisor Member Posts: 453

Yes, the match making is faster and more fair now as killer

• WaffleFalafel
    WaffleFalafel Member Posts: 384

It's fast and I don't see a rank farther than 4 higher or lower from mine. Solo by the way. I think its a good change.

• Xcheesemongrolx
    Xcheesemongrolx Member Posts: 115

Yes but i think the swf queues could be faster not to bad but solo queuing is definitely faster for me

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

He shouldn't be a question everyone should be happy no more bullies for the low rank killer. If not you should uninstall right now.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Yes - all above mentioned comments. Not to mention there are still an abundance of skilled players with tier 3 meta perks in between ranks 10 and 16

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985

Yes, it was a long needed change that will prevent newer and returning killers from dealing with toxic groups and prevents people from using their low rank friends for easier games.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Yes

It's a fantastic change that bhvr has made... this is great for the health of the game and its community!

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Yes, I find games for both survivors and killers very fast. In both lobbys though i get a random swf with a low ranked player with them, but it's not effecting gameplay bad. They might have been a higher rank player who hasn't played in a while though. Got lucky i guess.

• Omegargon
    Omegargon Member Posts: 31

Yes, I would like to be beaten by a high rank killer while 2 or 3 of my teammates escape rather than being pallet slapped in the face by 3 red rank survivors

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Yes

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited September 2019

Yes, I like that the queue times have improved over all for people as well as the SWF change that will prevent people from bullying lower ranks, and overall making them feel discouraged to play because of such toxic behavior.

BUT

I have to say what's on some peoples minds. The "rainbow rank" issue is still prominent throughout all ranks, and players are still being pinned up against lower ranks players at high ranks, and higher ranked players at low ranks. This issue by no means has changed and is still a prominent one that plagues the match making...

Also, despite queue times being improved for people, some have actually had worse queue times now... or slightly better. So the "improved queue times" only applies to some or a majority of people it seems... I have instant lobby's now as Killer, and at worse 2 minute ones as Survivor, but that doesn't mean others are also experiencing the same thing sadly.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Yes and No.

Yes, because I don't must wait a years to get a game as the killer.

No, because I play with yellow/green players when I'm being on red rank as the survivor.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

It doesn't work for me. I have queue times of 4-5 minutes for BOTH solo surv and killer on PS4.

It doesn't make sense. If killer lobbies take 5 minutes, survivor lobbies should basically be instant, and vice versa.

I assume that BHVR's servers have problems handling the increased amount of inquiries (we have currently more players than usual).

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Nope.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Don't really care.

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Maybe

Doesn't seem to have changed anything

• Carlosylu
    Carlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

No, I play with friends new to the game and they get to go against red rank killers because of my rank. Also, finding a lobby as survivor took me around 15 minutes EVERY time yesterday with my SWF party on Xbox.

Yes, as a killer the waiting is amazing, around 30 seconds and I'm in a lobby (purple rank)

• joan
    joan Member Posts: 122

This is a killers' forum, so you'll see lot of yes. But it's by far less unfair than before. They're ruining this game and now we can't bring friends to play and buy this game.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

yes

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

Yes, been asking for the change since launch. The best rank in an SWF should be the only rank that is considered for matchmaking. If you SWF with worse players you should be able to pull your weight and assist them.

To tl;dr getting rid of rank 1 + 20 swf bullying a rank 10.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Yes

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

No it should be balanced around the average, also it takes like 20-30 minutes to find a lobby, and even when you do the lobby it joins is usually bugged, or the killer leaves. Yesterday after the update it literally took over an over before we could even find 1 game. We pretty much needed another game to play while we waited it was ridiculous.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I play solo survivor 99% of the time, so the SWF change doesn't affect me much. However, other people that are in SWF had yellow ranks on a red rank killer lobby. You can imagine how that went.

As far as wait times go, they're still very long on PS4.

• Yes.

• FishFry247
    FishFry247 Member Posts: 696

Yes, its funny to bully green ranks or yellow ranks to an extent but in the end it gets tiresome, I'd rather have to deal with the single red rank then a poor low rank killer

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Absolutely, this is the best change to swf ever.

Finally no more bullying

• Ksoni
    Ksoni Member Posts: 607

Yes, btw help me im jailed.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327
    edited September 2019

No, solely because now I cant enjoy playing with lower ranked friends that haven't learned all the tricks as red ranks need. I played a game yesterday with a 11 and 15 friends and they got destroyed in mins of playing a rank 4 killer. I'm rank 1 btw. At least when it was averaged. It would be a rank 8 or something. Which is still good enough to play red ranks survivors. But also I dont play toxic in a ahole way. I play to survive and that my team survives. O fyi I play both survivor and killer. Just so you cant say I'm one sided.

And also ranking is broken anyway. You can be a rank 10 killer that use to be rank 1 so really dont see the issue. Or the needed change.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Yes, It's nice to see steps in the right direction to closing the gap between SWF and Killer.

• survivormain1105
    survivormain1105 Member Posts: 327

But it doesnt close it. It just makes it impossible to play with certain friends

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

SWF by default gives you an advantage, Being matched with a killer of the highest player in that group seems fair to me.

Having it go on an average lead to too many instances where people would play with multiple red ranks and one brown in order to get matched with a killer that wasn't on the same level and would easily get looped by the higher ranked players.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

No - all though I like the easier win but feel terrible when I see the ranks 😔...

My fear is that we'll go back to killers having no lobbies or crap killers at red ranks complaining when they actually play a good solo team.

It's not good in the long wrong at all.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Yes I like the change to SWF lobbies. No more lower ranked killers going versus higher ranked survivors due to them chosing to play with low ranked friends is a great change.

The rest seems to be working most of the time but there are a few occurences where it does put some from other ranks in but that could be down to population in the player ranks.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

This will hardly change the experience mid-tier and low ranking killers get by much. If anything this will drive up the number of people deranking so they can play with their friends.

Why would I for example force my friends to play versus rank 1 killers when they hardly play this game? They aren't trying to be E-sport DBD players, and the game is balanced more around killer if you have no idea how to properly play survivor.

You just watch the number of DC and derankers go up, it's a guarantee for people that already got the rank 1 achievement. Red ranks mean nothing to them anymore, unless you want to sweat every match.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

DCing will go down when they implement the dc queue penalty after servers come.

If people want to throw a ton of games to derank i doubt killers will complain. Easy wins it just hurts the survivors you're with.

Eventually survivors will be in a corner where they can't dc because their timer gets too long and they hate eachother because they could throw to derank.

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

You do realize those servers ain't coming anytime soon and DC isn't the only way to derank. You can just ensure you get one hooked everygame and be just as efficient with no timer.

I personally don't mind the change but I'm not gonna pretend like it's gonna change much.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

I didn’t mind the swf change (survivor side), when I play with friends we’re usually 4-10 rank so it doesn’t bother me lol. Solo wise I noticed it’s a lot faster to get a match which is r e a l l y nice

• Wuhelm
    Wuhelm Member Posts: 260

Yes, it was very much needed. Now they need to balance it so that solos get grouped with similar ranks.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

They're coming before 2020.

I am aware dcing isn't the only way i even addressed that in my post. Deranking by throwing/playing bad will only annoy other survivors it won't hurt the killer at all.

It will change a lot but not immediately.

Servers need to release to handle dcing and the survivor community will slowly gather against people who derank intentionally by other means since no one will want to play with those people.

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

Yep. I play both equally and I remember before the emblem changes and pipping changes to killer it was sooooo easy to rank up.

Then I started seeing all the complaints. They tweaked it a little but made it harder for survivors to rank up. More complaints from killers about play and then the wait time being forever because very few survivors could get back to red ranks.

What we'll see ONCE AGAIN is crap killers getting to rank up them complaining about survivors, nerfing of survivors to oblivion and then looooong wait times.

Tried playing killer last night no matches after 40 min. Tried this morning and destroyed. It wasn't enjoyable after seeing the end game screen with the ranks.

As a survivor and killer I'm just going to de-pip so I can find a match. Seriously on PS4 it's a MESS. One red rank 3 Grey's c'mon that's such a put off.

I got a msg from one kid asking how he got in my lobby. He got the game for stranger things still at Rank 18 and gets into my lobby. He said he wasn't a SWF but suspected the other 2 were...

Made a knew friend but now we can't play together because he's had such a terrible experience playing. I'm currently re-downloading a game he has (I already had it) just to play something enjoyable.

Survivor's guilt in this game has a whole new meaning now... Don't play with your friends they'll either get slaughtered or never find a lobby.