Are you happy now, killer mains?

Options
RSB
RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Because, hell yeah I am. This is the best update ever!

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@MrChills said:
    I am happy yet not fully. They are some things that needs to be addressed for both sides. At the moment it's been a big quality of life change. The tears of our survivor friends are yummy tho.

i agree. this a good step in the right direction.... the fact that survivors are unhappy about it shows just how in-your-face they wanted to play. nobody uses stealth. no 'reward' for it.... lol. i suppose actually SURVIVING isn't rewarding enough.... looping and tbagging is the real payoff....

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

It is an improvement although anyone else feel like having everyone know when the obsession is being chased is just wrong. I play a ton of solo survivor and even I don't like that I can tell when they are being chased on the other side of the map.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    As everyone has stated this update is a step in the right direction but the elephants are still in the room and the devs still haven't fixed them yet 
  • GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157
    Options

As a killer, Its way too easy now... I feel bad being killer since i know the survivors are getting annihilated in every match. Its not very fun when survivors play stealthy either. I wish there was more balance. :( a lot of my friends are leaving dbd too now.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@GolgiNea said:
    As a killer, Its way too easy now... I feel bad being killer since i know the survivors are getting annihilated in every match. Its not very fun when survivors play stealthy either. I wish there was more balance. :( a lot of my friends are leaving dbd too now.

Must be getting some below average Survivors then.

I haven't died once yet since the update hit. Still too easy.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options
    I'm mostly happy with it. I only have one issue with the patch, but otherwise it's great!
    (i play both)
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

Happy about what? They buffed some killers into not being terrible, removed some cheese from the survivor meta perks, and made some perks viable. This should be every patch ever.

• Fng36
    Fng36 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Best patch in a long time billy your  right they didn't do anything crazy unfair to either side. . Useless perks can be used looping pallets flashlight harrassment has been addressed and you can enjoy the gag now and trapper . If your crying it's because you like the game unbalanced and one sided . If your killer claiming it's too easy get into the below rank ten lvls and than you will see a bit more challenging players. If not maybe your a gaming God and need a new game .so thank you developers for listening to us . 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I feel like I'm speedhacking on the Hag now. The trap and pick-up animations are so fast.

• DreadfulProton
    DreadfulProton Member Posts: 27
    Options

Killer is boring now, it's way too easy.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    All they did is what Survivors and Killers asked for. 

Survivors got the fun and exciting gameplay of being chased all game, Looping the ######### out of Killers and no more boring hiding and gen repair simulator.

Killers are getting buffed slowly and surely to be able to still will after getting Looped a ######### ton, because with all the aura reading and detection perks out the ass, they waste no time looking for Survivors. 

Survivors got the gameplay they wanted, Killers are *getting* (not quite there yet, they still are underpowered) the balance they wanted. Everyone should be happy. 

Except for a couple minorities. You know, the Survivors who want unbalanced Loopfest where they get to bully the Killer all game. Then there is the minorities who said the developers were listening to the wrong players and taking the game in a horrible direction. (I belong to the latter group). 

So, no, I’m not happy. This is balance, but ######### gameplay. 
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Mostly. Some of the maps still need work, but that blade cuts both ways.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    Options

Not even a killer main and I'm happy.
    Some perks got some good buffs and are actually worth running now, exhaustion nerf barely even did anything to SB and is literally just as usable as ever (there has been 1 time I wasn't recovered in time, ONE TIME, no big deal folks), and I'm finally getting a variety of killers (I've actually gotten some Hags, in public matches. I would go weeks without seeing a single one before!).

I love this update, even the bugs (0 terror radius is fun and hilarious imo. I want this to stay or have an option to use in KYF at least).

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@RuneStarr said:
    Not even a killer main and I'm happy.
    Some perks got some good buffs and are actually worth running now, exhaustion nerf barely even did anything to SB and is literally just as usable as ever (there has been 1 time I wasn't recovered in time, ONE TIME, no big deal folks), and I'm finally getting a variety of killers (I've actually gotten some Hags, in public matches. I would go weeks without seeing a single one before!).

I love this update, even the bugs (0 terror radius is fun and hilarious imo. I want this to stay or have an option to use in KYF at least).

Yeah, already I see some Trappers ang Hags in the game. When I'm playing survivor there are always only Billys and Billys...

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

@DreadfulProton said:
    Killer is boring now, it's way too easy.

Ikr, I do enjoy the calm atmosphere of planet Rank 20.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

It's a start, but we need more fixing.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@RSB said:
    Because, hell yeah I am. This is the best update ever!

Not yet, there are still a lot of things taht require immediate attention..... e.g. SWF and DS

• Someone
    Someone Member Posts: 11
    Options

Haven't played as a killer yet but as a survivor it doesn't change much for me. If they didn't tell about exhaustion nerf I wouldn't even notice it. Maybe after some time. Don't know why some people are so angry about it.
    But it seems this update didn't really help Freddy...

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    Options
    Survivor main here saying survivors had it so easy with so many give aways and op balancing that was never really addressed since the first mori bnp nerfs. The devs need to keep in mind at all time, the average time it takes for competent mid level survivors to complete all gens which is 6 minutes or less without ruin. They also need to keep in mind the fact that anything a survivor has can be stacked to multiply the effectiveness by up to 4x like bnp and dstrike. When you introduce options that tip the time further into the survivor's favor, they have to have a yes op killer equivalent perk in terms of value. It is 4 killer perks vs 16 survivor perks. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Someone said:
    Haven't played as a killer yet but as a survivor it doesn't change much for me. If they didn't tell about exhaustion nerf I wouldn't even notice it. Maybe after some time. Don't know why some people are so angry about it.
    But it seems this update didn't really help Freddy...

Survivors are crying loud because they want to prevent further nerfs.
    The exhaustion nerf is laughable.....

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

The game is on a decent track, yes.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Who would be happy though. The killers have everything handed to them. I hate how entitle killers are

Just kidding. Survivors totally needed this nerf. They are only complaining about it because wouldn't you if you were given power over something or someone for two years and then it suddenly change. They are overreacting though. It is a game. People take some ######### way to seriously

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

the killers have been given the ######### end of a ever increasingly long stick since the first real patch. it bothers me how upset alot of survivors are about the new patch.... i don't think they act 'entitled'. i just think that balanced adjustments are new to them. and new things have a tendency to cause intimidation.... the patch was good. it gives me hope about the direction the game is going....

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,457
    Options
    Some exhaustion nerf and a little faster pick up...happy sure..games still not even remotely close to balanced yet though
  • Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Blueberry said:
    Some exhaustion nerf and a little faster pick up...happy sure..games still not even remotely close to balanced yet though
    Step in the right direction, if they rolled everything out at once some people might just quit the game.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,457
    Options
    Blueberry said:
    Step in the right direction, if they rolled everything out at once some people might just quit the game.
    That’s what I’m hoping the devs do but I’m not too hopeful. Last stream they were already talking about nerfing bloodlust. While bloodlust is indeed a bandaid fix that will eventually need to go, in what world is it overpowered or even remotely an issue currently. I think they feel like they have to give the survivors a little bit every time or they’ll rage and quit. 
  • hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

@MrChills said:
    I am happy yet not fully. They are some things that needs to be addressed for both sides. At the moment it's been a big quality of life change. The tears of our survivor friends are yummy tho.

"This game doesn't spoonfeed me so i am sadd :((((((((((("

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@hMM said:

@MrChills said:

umm what? Pretty sure I am not said. You know what buddy? You had too much to drink. Go home, you're drunk, James

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121
    Options

@MrChills said:

@hMM said:

@MrChills said:

umm what? Pretty sure I am not said. You know what buddy? You had too much to drink. Go home, you're drunk, James

i guess having survivors absolutely destroyed isnt just enough

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@hMM said:

@MrChills said:

@hMM said:

@MrChills said:

i guess having survivors absolutely destroyed isnt just enough

I'll call you an uber home.

• Dabrownman1812
    Options
    Blueberry said:
    Blueberry said:
    That’s what I’m hoping the devs do but I’m not too hopeful. Last stream they were already talking about nerfing bloodlust. While bloodlust is indeed a bandaid fix that will eventually need to go, in what world is it overpowered or even remotely an issue currently. I think they feel like they have to give the survivors a little bit every time or they’ll rage and quit. 
    Quicker blood lust could break loops quicker, every 9-10 seconds help but I think the max should be between the current tier 2 and 3 of lust. Getting blood lust earlier with the same boosts wouldn't be healthy either. We also don't know what future perks they are bringing that might help in the chase. Also, they did say they are looking at the end game. It would be cool if there was a 2 minute timer for an open exit door, and it closes after 2 minutes. 
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

The direction of this game, and the 2.1 update are just fantastic.

It is shaking up the meta... it is changing things around. Getting perks that no one would really use and making them viable.

Giving the power role ... well power.

Making surviving a treat and not an entitled thing.

Trapped in a nightmare, trying to escape without dying....

That should be tough, and it finally is.

• LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Doc needs to be buffed
    Tyde explained it pretty well:
    https://youtu.be/vsgnhhZ2rIM
    Remove the charge in order to swap modes 
    so he just has to push the button to change 
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Options
    Trapper missing something in him like darker traps or extra trap in his kit. But im super happy with hag it is much funner and she is a real loop saver. Im happy with update and style of how there working on them.