Nevermind

Sin_A_Man_BunZ
Sin_A_Man_BunZ Member Posts: 11
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

I didn't realise coming up with an idea for a perk was grounds for getting harassed and flamed by other people when all I did was ask what the community thought would be an interesting way to utilize it and what changes it could use to make it viable.

Instead I'm getting emails, Reddit messages and Tweets from people harassing me over a forum post.

Sorry that I voiced any thought that I had about possibly adding something new to a game I love.

Post edited by Sin_A_Man_BunZ on

Comments

• VayneHellslinger
    VayneHellslinger Member Posts: 47

Instead of arguing percentages from the get-go, let's talk about the core idea first.

Generally speaking when a killer is confronted with a pallet they have 2 options, sometimes 3. They can respect the pallet and try to bait out a drop without getting stunned. They can be hyper aggressive and go for a swing regardless of whether or not the pallet is there. Or occasionally they can walk around the pallet. The perk is clearly meant to reward option 2, and that's interesting, because I find that being aggressive is usually the best call in a given moment; reason being that it causes pallets to be dropped the fastest and thus the pallet economy (the % amount of pallets remaining at a given time) drops most efficiently.

Couple problems, or at the very least things that need to be clarified. Is the perk stackable with other movement increasing perks? At the moment there are only 3 perks (NOED, Agitation, and PWYF) that directly increase move speed, but this is more for future proofing design. Another is that the perk doesn't have that big of a downside. If you're playstyle leads to yo breaking or getting stunned by pallets, chances are you don't benefit from bloodlust to begin with, so in the playstyle the perk incentivises, the downside needs to be far greater. Final thing is when Enraged is on cool down, does that mean bloodlust is back on or not during the duration of it charging back up?

Now a quick Math section. For the sake of reference we will be using survivor's running speed of 4.0 m/s as a base.
    Bloodlust: Bloodlust increases its' tier for every 15 seconds in the chase by +0.2, +0.6, +1.2 m/s for each tier. In percentages it translates to 5%, 15%, 30%. Tier 3 can safely be ignored as the conditions required to reach it are too ideal, and if the killer reaches tier 3, the survivor is probably dead no matter what at that point. By comparison Enraged offers 10%, 10%, 15%, which translates to +0.4, +0.4, +0.6 m/s.

In summary, the perk trades the higher speeds of bloodlust for less speed but greater consistency. An interesting idea but numbers need more tweaking and a stronger drawback

• Sin_A_Man_BunZ
    Sin_A_Man_BunZ Member Posts: 11

"An interesting idea but numbers need more tweaking and a stronger drawback"

Well essentially it gives you instant Bloodlust 2 once you get stunned, so if you're getting stunned from a point where you haven't started a chase at all yet, or haven't reached Bloodlust 2 yet, then it's a bonus that could help catch a survivor. It would probably honestly be too crazy though if it gave the same speed boost as Bloodlust 3, but who knows. They could test that out and see how it plays.

As far as stackable with other perks, I don't believe any of the movement perks stack (could be mistaken, not sure) but that is on the Devs to decide and implement. If stacking it isn't bad, then go for it.. however if it creates problems then don't stack it. Again, let them test it out and see how it plays.

For any drawback, well if you use this perk and it activates then you restart Bloodlust, so if you're already at Bloodlust 2, then you have another wait to reach level 3. The drawback is simply that, making you take longer to get Bloodlust. It will all depend on what you're prefered playstyle is. The perk isn't met to be a meta perk that every killer uses, just the ones that see it as a good fit with their playstyle.

Also, not every perk has to have a strong drawback to it. There are plenty of perks that you only benefit from with the only drawback being that it keeps you from using other perks. However, the entire point of the post was just to submit my idea and get community feedback on what could be changed to make it even better or more useful. If you've got any ideas on what would benefit this and improve it, then please share it.

• Autoliny
    Autoliny Member Posts: 76

@Sin_A_Man_BunZ said:
    ENRAGED = When stunned by a survivor (by Pallet, Flashlight, Wiggle or Decisive Strike), cool-downs on missed attacks are decreased by 15% / 20% / 25% and your movement speed is increased by 10% / 10% / 15% for a total of 25 seconds. After being Enraged any Bloodlust is lost. Enraged has a cooldown of 180 Seconds.

Before anybody thinks that those percentages are "just crazy, way to OP" I will politely say this: Agitation gives killers a speed boost of 6% / 12% / 18% while they are transporting a body (lasting anywhere from 10 - 15 seconds if they also run Iron Grasp), Play with your Food with 3 tokens gives a 15% increase to movement speed until any offensive action, Unrelenting gives a 30% cool-down reduction on missed attacks for the entire duration of the match, while Save the Best for Last with all 8 tokens can give a 40% cool-down reduction on successful attacks for almost the entire match (until you strike / kill the Obsession). Also, Borrowed Time lets survivors take a hit for max 25 seconds, so this would give killers a boost for max 25 seconds.

Plus looking at it from the Survivor side, this would kind of help you out because a Killer running this perk would WANT to be stunned. They will happily take on those Decisive Strikes, willingly wait in the open during pickups for flashlight saves, no longer respect pallets... go right ahead and stun them, get those points, then RUN YOUR BUTT OFF ! ! !

Are you a rank 20 Killer??
    I'm curious is all, this is stupid idea, time to Disect

ENRAGED = When stunned by a survivor (by Pallet, Flashlight, Wiggle or Decisive Strike), cool-downs on missed attacks are decreased by 25% and your movement speed is increased by 15% for a total of 25 seconds. After being Enraged any Bloodlust is lost. Enraged has a cooldown of 180 Seconds.
    ** Enrage at it's strongest**
    ok now it's the perks you killed to make this perk, going by your numbers above, assuming they're correct.
    Enrage,Unrelenting
    cool-downs on missed attacks are decreased by 55%
    movement speed is increased by 15% for a total of 25 seconds

that's insane for 2 perks

Agitation gives killers a speed boost of 6% / 12% / 18% ** have to work for it**
    Play with your Food with 3 tokens gives a 15% ######### loads of work
    Unrelenting gives a 30% cool-down reduction on missed attacks for the entire duration of the match only good for old loops
    Save the Best for Last with all 8 tokens can give a 40% cool-down reduction on successful attacks for almost the entire match (until you strike / kill the Obsession) this has a downside, your doesn't **infact your perk rewards negligence
    Borrowed Time lets survivors take a hit for max 25 seconds, so this would give killers a boost for max 25 seconds. I assume you mean additionally? cause BT only offers 10secs, and if you mean the rescuing survivor then it's a massive downside to the victim since you get these buffs and the person that saved him while you were being recluse doesn't have BT cause the survivor that dropped it never had it

when thinking of things try not to think of it from one side, and stop being greedy when playing killer, that person on the ground is causing them pressure, slightly less than on a hook, Adrenaline is a though as is NOED though, if you have people around you waiting to pallet drop, that's all pressure, free pressure I may add.

• ANJ_
    ANJ_ Member Posts: 27

@Sin_A_Man_BunZ said:
    I didn't realise coming up with an idea for a perk was grounds for getting harassed and flamed by other people when all I did was ask what the community thought would be an interesting way to utilize it and what changes it could use to make it viable.

Instead I'm getting emails, Reddit messages and Tweets from people harassing me over a forum post.

Sorry that I voiced any thought that I had about possibly adding something new to a game I love.

welcome to the internet my friend. It is a cruel place where people can't be civil.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sin_A_Man_BunZ said:

You should be aware of this community by now :wink: