Kick Survivors Trying to Rescue

I know everyone is going to hate this but I think there needs to be an option to kick off a survivor trying to unhook you, to prevent them from doing so. Sometimes people really just don't know when is a good time to unhook you and by doing so they basically screw you. It would be nice if there was a way to politely shoo them off to sort of tell them, "nows not a good time"

it is all too common that a survivor will unhook you at a totally terrible time, and like in my last game, the instant I'm hooked someone unhooks me just so that they would hit me again and carry me away so that they could escape. The killer no more than 3 ft away.

It would be nice to be able to prevent the trolls from happening and the noobs from noobing it up. If it means I'm dooming myself, then fine.

Comments

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    It seems like the wrong fix for a real problem, but I agree with the sentiment.
  • Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

Yeah getting farmed sucks. Maybe have a keybinding that changes your aura color to let them know not to try or won't let them.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ANJ_ said:
    I know everyone is going to hate this but I think there needs to be an option to kick off a survivor trying to unhook you, to prevent them from doing so. Sometimes people really just don't know when is a good time to unhook you and by doing so they basically screw you. It would be nice if there was a way to politely shoo them off to sort of tell them, "nows not a good time"

it is all too common that a survivor will unhook you at a totally terrible time, and like in my last game, the instant I'm hooked someone unhooks me just so that they would hit me again and carry me away so that they could escape. The killer no more than 3 ft away.

It would be nice to be able to prevent the trolls from happening and the noobs from noobing it up. If it means I'm dooming myself, then fine.

Do that and there will be way less survivors trying to save each other.
    I wont risk my life just to stand in front of the hook and being denied by the hooked guy, probably dieing because he didnt know I have BT or sth

• ANJ_
    ANJ_ Member Posts: 27

@Master said:

@ANJ_ said:

I wont risk my life just to stand in front of the hook and being denied by the hooked guy, probably dieing because he didnt know I have BT or sth

That brings up another thing, I kinda wish you could see your teamates perks pre-game. Is that something only I feel or what do you think?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ANJ_ said:

@Master said:

@ANJ_ said:

That brings up another thing, I kinda wish you could see your teamates perks pre-game. Is that something only I feel or what do you think?

I would like this in a competitive ranked queue, but not in the casual queue we currently have.
    You have no chance to communicate with your team anyway cus they are afk or lvling up bloodweb^^

Also it might cause dodging on the survivor side because that noob uses "bad perks" etc

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Maybe that should allow solo players to see the other survivirs perks before the game, as part of the effort to level the playing field between solo and SWF.  The SWF already knows what perks everyone is running and this would be in line with the changes they made to the obsession in the HUD.
  • OakLestat
    OakLestat Member Posts: 125

I think a kick or a nudge would not be a bad idea if everyone played respectfully but it would just be too easy to abuse.

It would be good if someone with a "helping" perk like BT came close to you that you could see it in the bottom right just like the leadership perks. Seems reasonable to know what they intend to do.

• ANJ_
    ANJ_ Member Posts: 27

@OakLestat said:
    I think a kick or a nudge would not be a bad idea if everyone played respectfully but it would just be too easy to abuse.

It would be good if someone with a "helping" perk like BT came close to you that you could see it in the bottom right just like the leadership perks. Seems reasonable to know what they intend to do.

I like that idea, like as they are pulling you off it shows or something. And I also agree that its a mechanic that could totally be abused, so I see the flaw in it, I guess I just assume you give the players the tools they need and you hope they use them as intended.

The reason I guess though that I feel it might not really get abused is because if anything it might make a survivor say, ok well f you then, and not save you, which is half what you are going for, at least at the moment, and half not, in the long run. So again its kind of a use at your own risk mechanic. You have to hope the survivor understands that you are telling them it's not the right time, but you risk just pissing them off.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I love this idea. I'd definitely use it to stop those hook vultures.