devs please take notice about CAMPING and TUNNELING!

i have got a couple of suggestions how this can be prevented, i hope it hasn't been mentioned before.

some tunnelers go straight after the unhooked, or they may bump into them by accident from far away. i suggest get rid of decisive strike and replace it for an invisability cloak. if possible survivors can not work gens while cloaked.

to stop the camping the entity will blind killers within a certain radius of hooked. pretty simple suggestions i think. maybe you think different as i am not a game developer ( i wish i was) anyhow this needs addressing as it's a common problem and drives players a way

Comments

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I think making decisive a way to counter being tunneled is cool but being able to counter the tunnel is pretty bad in my opinion. You could argue at that point maybe it isnt tunneling but all they have to do is leave you there for the minute and wait around and your team can pick you up sure but it doesnt stop the killer from coming back as soon as they get you up and killing you then after decisive is gone. The thing we wanted was to not be tunneled and have a way to prevent it. Old decisive was better at doing this than the current one because it had no time limit. Now camping i think if they want to stop or reduce it should be punished more heavily on the chaser emblem, or if they wanted to try kill it off then rework insidious but i doubt they're going to kill it because they feel its a viable strategy and i can agree.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428

i'm not sure if i read your's properly. some killers don't like ds, that is why i included mentioning that too. why would you need ds when you can be invisable instead? tunneling still happens whether it's on purpose or not. invisability would definitely counter this. there is no point in being able to be hooked 2-3 times if you get grabbed straight away.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

you mean aura invisibility or completely invisible? Because if you mean complete invisibility i dont think they'd ever do that even if you cant do gens.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

NO DEVS DONT! FIX THE GENS.

• bomb1720
    edited October 2019

yes i meant complete invisability once you get of the hook for a certain amount of seconds, to ensure you get healed again, if killer comes near you, it wouldn't matter cos they can't see you. have that second chance as a second chance, instead of being tunneled and hooked again. i say can't repair gens cos iv'e noticed some people say some survivors don't bother healing and work the gens, they get caught and use ds, miss using it. you can't do anything else other than get healed in the time of wearing cloak, doesn't give game any more advantages for survivors. if this is something devs won't do to prevent tunneling, please tell me why. : )

• Its obvious if someone unhooks you that the killer is going toward the notification thats why its there and, thats why I wait to unhook until their occupied with something else. When I play the pig I get accused of camping when I run to the trap removers knowing the person I just put a bear trap on will go to those its just logical and, not at all cheating or, unfair. I feel people just need to strategize better in this game.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Camping and tunneling are legit strategies that bring many risks with them, you can pull up them only if either the team is stupid enough/you are smart enough. If you still haven't figured out how to counter it, play the game more.

• bomb1720

so your saying if you have a helmet on and it's ticking away, might as well just stand there because you will be at the remover to stop us from taking it off. the helmet traps are to make it more difficult for survivors by concentrating on something else instead of getting gens done. it shouldn't be used as a certain death trap, otherwise our heads might aswel just explode instantly, lol

• bomb1720

i'm a high ranked survivor actually. so you never get tunneled then? it's annoying and killers can win without having to do this. all it does is make survivors depip.

• You have several places to go would it make sense to go to the closest one? Or one thats further away?

You have to determine that yourself based on your surroundings literally. Pay attention to audio cues and, if people are taking damage the bear trap doesn't mean sudden death you have legit time to go. Yes I will go to the place I KNOW players head to because the point of the killer is to hook people. You just need to strategize your moves.

• bomb1720

sorry i haven't been back for a while, i don't have a problem with the pig so no need to go about that. i'm just saying something needs to be done about camping and tunneling. as someone has said do the gens whilst there is a camper, fair enough, i do do, but then you don't get the emblam for unhooking, or evading, what happens depip, not good!

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I know this doesn't relate, but it kinda does. You know how camaraderie works when a survivor is near a hooked person? I found out it also works for downed survivors or survivors wiggling

• GennyFromTheBlock
    GennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113

cAmPiNg aNd tUnNeLiNg ArE LeGiT StRaTs!!!1

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547

There is one dev who streams and he facecamps and slug with noed so idk

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

Devs don't care.

Seriously, they don't.

Camping and Tunneling are weak, but oddly effective strategies.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I don't have much to add to what everyone else has said, except that "accidental" tunnelling is not a thing. Tunnelling, by definition, is intentional.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

In the eternal words of Justin timberlake, cry me a river.

These threads are getting pretty old and very repetitive. Scrolled through one and you've scrolled through them all.

• bomb1720

in the words of who ever sang, look at what you made me do. should have been your chosen words... nobody made you look at a post with the words camping and tunneling in the title...again. so boo-hoo to you ,lol😢😭

can somebody at least comment on my idea of prevention, as a lot of players hate it and killers can get the job done without.

• Frosty
    Frosty Member Posts: 375

Not only have the devs already taken notice, with perks like borrowed time, decisive strike, BBQ, make your choice and so on. They have punished being in proximity of a hooked individual by hitting emblem points directly.

There is no out right way to justify why tunneling should be actively punished, it's so hated because of how effective it is at turning the momentum of a game. Plain and simple you not liking dying first or too soon is no reason to give such powerful benifits.

Majority of the time is a thoughtless rescue that sewers you, if anything, we should punish survivors for risky saves. If that doesn't sound fair then the act of pursuing the most vulnerable will always be around.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Tunneling could have been addressed with adjustments vs perks.

1. Downed recovery meter and wiggle meter share the SAME slot.
    2. They should have just left it so once the meter filled. The player could exit the dying state OR use a hooking post to climb back up into the game. This would have been IDEAL. So killers wouldn't have to search as hard for slugs that hide by running generators.
    3. Killers within a radius of the hook. Stop the countdown timer and start a recovery meter so survivors can pull themself off the hook and have a 5 or 10 second invincibility (like borrowed time and mettle of man)