The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Disable dedicated servers on weekends

I get it, dedicated servers have been enabled on the live version because testing, and if it helps to improve them then im all for it. But in all the times I've played on them I've only got few games where they were working fine. Things like going meters back, not being able to use powers, vaultings, pallets, etc. Are happening a lot to me and my friends so I guess we wouldn't be the only ones. So... why wont then disabled them on weekends? Because after a long week I just want to play some DbD and right now, I can't. Even having green ping.

If this means having to enable them during a few days or the entire week, Im also voting for it, I guess less people play during the week but devs would still be able to gather information and all such technical stuff.

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

🤗🤗🤗

Yes

I would like to play beta DBD. Not alpha DBD. Let me enjoy the game before you turn these damn things on permanently.

• Mr_Goodman
    Mr_Goodman Member Posts: 61

Holy crap what is with everyone crying about the dedicated servers? I have no experienced any problems with it so far. A few stutters in some games, but that's it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

M1 killers don't see much issues. Stuttering with breaking gens and pallets but not much else. Its killers with charge bars and fast movement speeds that see issue. The Nurse for instance must have a conflict with where she lands after a blink or the sudden change from fast blink to slow fatigue causes rubber banding. This is with 60ms ping mind you.

Now if your talk from the perspective of a survivor guess what? Survivors were coded with latency in mind. The were always lagging behind the server. To them it should look similar to P2P if not for some bugs.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

At this point I'm afraid of dedicated servers being released fully with all the issues that have cropped up. Last day of Fall is December 21 and if there isn't a significant improvement before then.....

One perk of playing on PS4 is that I don't have to be a guinea pig.

• Frugl1
    Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

The servers are not in at state that is at all unsalvageable during the course of a few months. They are pretty decent for most killers/survivors already, its mostly about implementing lag compensation for mechanics that did not already have them at this point. This being in large part killer powers implemented under the assumption that the killer is the authoritative party.

This will all be rectified in due time.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

My last game as wraith on groaning storehouse the audio kept cutting out every few seconds as well as some rubberbanding. Thankfully it was my last game anyways so i dealt with it though a few games before had some rubberbanding issues too one which let a survivor escape since they teleported to a pallet and i was warped back and got disoriented

• MrTbagFace
    MrTbagFace Member Posts: 73

I think there's gonna be alot of testing like this two ones we got,just to improve it to perfect state which for me,work's good

• ImmortalReaver
    ImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

I haven't experienced too many issues with the servers but I'm just tired of the insane amount of time that it takes to get into a match as a killer.