The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Stop complaining about nerfing survivors.

Just stop I'm sick of seeing salty survivor mains upset because the devs are nerfing survivors too much. All they're doing is making it fair for the killer half of you rely on crutches to get out such as DS and other OP perks well think about what that does to the killer. It makes them want to rage quit and smash something if they're bullied by toxic SWF and anyone in general. This game has been going in the right direction ever since BHVR broke away from Starbreeze. As someone who plays both killer and survivor when I play survivor do I like the changes maybe not, but do I agree with them yes everyone should have fun in this game. The only thing I think should be adjusted after the DS and Hatch nerf is the flashlights or addons for the flashlight. Survivors shouldn't have an extra chance unless they're bad at the game.

Comments

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:
    Just stop I'm sick of seeing salty survivor mains upset because the devs are nerfing survivors too much. All they're doing is making it fair for the killer half of you rely on crutches to get out such as DS and other OP perks well think about what that does to the killer. It makes them want to rage quit and smash something if they're bullied by toxic SWF and anyone in general. This game has been going in the right direction ever since BHVR broke away from Starbreeze. As someone who plays both killer and survivor when I play survivor do I like the changes maybe not, but do I agree with them yes everyone should have fun in this game. The only thing I think should be adjusted after the DS and Hatch nerf is the flashlights or addons for the flashlight. Survivors shouldn't have an extra chance unless they're bad at the game.

Git gud.

Also Killers have their crutches too, but you seem to only want to focus on the survivor ones. Totally not biased I see.

Lol, no Killer perk is as good as the Survivor perks are.

Feel free to list any Killer perk that's a 'crutch' and I will shoot them down. Go on, I dare you to.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

Also Killers have their crutches too, but you seem to only want to focus on the survivor ones. Totally not biased I see.

Feel free to list any Killer perk that's a 'crutch' and I will shoot them down. Go on, I dare you to.

NoED.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

Not to mention NOED is our only counter to borrowed time once the exit gates are powered, but yeah please do go on.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

A perk that can be broken before it ever actually sees use, and the only way this perk actually works is if you play like an idiot. Get the totems before you power the last generator, if not, at best one person is going to die from it unless you play badly.

Keep going.

Well if we're gonna go on your logic flashlights are countered by staring at a wall, no?

Or is it inconvenient for something you disagree with to actually have a counter so you say it's unfair.

Walls are not guaranteed to be everywhere you down Survivors. Some maps (Coldwind Farm maps in particular) have almost no walls to speak of.

Keep going.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

A perk that can be broken before it ever actually sees use, and the only way this perk actually works is if you play like an idiot. Get the totems before you power the last generator, if not, at best one person is going to die from it unless you play badly.

Keep going.

Well if we're gonna go on your logic flashlights are countered by staring at a wall, no?

Or is it inconvenient for something you disagree with to actually have a counter so you say it's unfair.

This is not about flashlights. This is about Killer perks being dogshit in comparison to Survivors, and Survivors don't even need to run perks to win.

No Killer perk is a crutch, I've never seen Survivor perks have a hardcounter that prevent them from being used entirely. All Killer perks can be countered to some degree.

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

maybe he focuses on them because they are the ones complaining atm? look at the steam reviews from yesterday

• AsePlayer

@Orion said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

Keep going.

Walls are not guaranteed to be everywhere you down Survivors. Some maps (Coldwind Farm maps in particular) have almost no walls to speak of.

Keep going.

Well now the pick up speed is too fast for a survivor to even get around the killer to flashlight save so...

Keep going?

• Orion

@AsePlayer said:

@Orion said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

Keep going.

Keep going.

Well now the pick up speed is too fast for a survivor to even get around the killer to flashlight save so...

Keep going?

Not true, many players have had flashlight saves performed on us and by us. Let's go back to the point, though, which is Killer perks being weaker than Survivor perks. Don't change the subject again.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998
    edited July 2018

@Beardedragon said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

maybe he focuses on them because they are the ones complaining atm? look at the steam reviews from yesterday

Where was he the months before the patch dropped when it was killers doing all the complaining? Not around? That wouldn't surprise me. Anyone who's played this game for more than a few patch cycles should know one or both killers and survivors will ALWAYS be complaining about nerfs.
    Always.

• Orion

@Science_Guy said:

@Beardedragon said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

Where was he the months before the patch dropped when it was killers doing all the complaining? Not around? That wouldn't surprise me. Anyone who's played this game for more than a few patch cycles should know one or both killers and survivors will ALWAYS be complaining about nerfs.
    Always.

Killers complain about nerfs while being the weaker side. Survivors complain about nerfs while being the stronger side. The two sides are not equal.

• AsePlayer

@Orion said:

@Science_Guy said:

@Beardedragon said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

Always.

Killers complain about nerfs while being the weaker side. Survivors complain about nerfs while being the stronger side. The two sides are not equal.

Nobody said they're equal.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

You can cleanse totems, just saying :wink:

• Orion

@AsePlayer said:

@Orion said:

@Science_Guy said:

@Beardedragon said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

Always.

Nobody said they're equal.

So pointing out that Killers complain about nerfs is just a red herring? If not, how does it relate to Survivors complaining about their deserved nerfs?

• Sn0wJob

About the only crutch perk you could argue for killers is ruin, and you know exactly why it's needed.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Can be broken instantaneously after the beginning of a match. I played a match of clown where I looked around for the totem. Was on the other side of the map in plain sight. Was almost there when I see a Claudette jump on it. These totem spots need fixing.

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425

@Science_Guy said:

@Beardedragon said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

Always.

complaining isnt bad, if you provide valid balance arguments for why you complain.

but look at the steam review. 1 day in to the patch and survivors have flooded it with negativity.

i have seen very very few survivors give any real valid reason as to why this is a bad patch except they dislike that its now harder.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861
    Orion said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

Keep going.

Keep going.

Just like DS isn’t guaranteed to be hit by the survivor.
  • Orion

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Only if the Survivor has nerve damage. The success zone is ######### enormous.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Orion said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

Keep going.

Keep going.

Yes, but the difference between walls to counter flashlights and DS, is that those wall aren't always an option. Sure, you might miss DS, but that is entirely on you and not something the killer can have much control over.

• Speshul_Kitten
    Everyone who is saying, “You can just cleanse totems” how about, you just play Dr, use Enduring and Unnerving Presence, that way you don’t complain about DS. I mean, how often does your NOED actually not end up being active compared to the times you have. I would say at least 80% of the time it’s active for me, at rank 1
  • Orion

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Everyone who is saying, “You can just cleanse totems” how about, you just play Dr, use Enduring and Unnerving Presence, that way you don’t complain about DS. I mean, how often does your NOED actually not end up being active compared to the times you have. I would say at least 80% of the time it’s active for me, at rank 1

So play one Killer and have 2 perk slots to soften the blow from a single perk. You don't see how that might show a balance problem?

• Speshul_Kitten
    Orion said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

Only if the Survivor has nerve damage. The success zone is [BAD WORD] enormous.

So by those standards the only way to miss DS is to have nerve damage, gotcha, not biased at all.
  • Orion

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    So by those standards the only way to miss DS is to have nerve damage, gotcha, not biased at all.

It's a hyperbole. The success zone is too big to miss unless you're distracted by something else, or have some form of impairment, or your space bar/controller craps out on you (could happen).

• Speshul_Kitten
    Orion said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

So play one Killer and have 2 perk slots to soften the blow from a single perk. You don't see how that might show a balance problem?

Wether it sucks for you or not is not my business but if DS really bothers people that much then maybe this game isn’t for them. Adapt or get good?
  • Speshul_Kitten
    Orion said:

@Speshul_Kitten said:

It's a hyperbole. The success zone is too big to miss unless you're distracted by something else, or have some form of impairment, or your space bar/controller craps out on you (could happen).

The success zone is too big? Skill checks on gens are too big, on DS it’s what, 10% of the size of the circumference? Even by those standards, there’s so many opportunities to dodge it, it’s a pain in the ass sometimes but it’s as much a pain as NOED is.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Two perks and a whole killer just for DS. That's the problem
  • Speshul_Kitten
    The devs need to be more TRANSPARENT and actually show us the statistics. They need to show us, how long the time for Ruin averages, how often DS gets a completed skill check, how often it’s used and how often NOED actually gets broken before the game. If they do that, that would stop so many of us from bickering back and forth. You think there’s a reason they don’t show us these numbers??
  • Speshul_Kitten

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Orion said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

Keep going.

Keep going.

Yes, but the difference between walls to counter flashlights and DS, is that those wall aren't always an option. Sure, you might miss DS, but that is entirely on you and not something the killer can have much control over.

Saying it’s entirely up to the survivor THEN saying the killer can’t have MUCH control over is a dilemma in the statement you’re making. Which side are you on? I prefer the facts.
  • Orion

@Speshul_Kitten said:
    Saying it’s entirely up to the survivor THEN saying the killer can’t have MUCH control over is a dilemma in the statement you’re making. Which side are you on? I prefer the facts.

It's not a dilemma. Killers don't pick the spots where Survivors end up before they're downed, nor do they make Survivors miss skill checks.

• Sn0wJob

@MineAntoiya said:

Can be broken instantaneously after the beginning of a match. I played a match of clown where I looked around for the totem. Was on the other side of the map in plain sight. Was almost there when I see a Claudette jump on it. These totem spots need fixing.

Despite the totem being found in 12 seconds even, that is still twelve seconds of no gen rushing and people scrambling to find it.
    Time is literally so precious we'll take any amount of distraction versus an immediate gen rush.

• Orion

@Sn0wJob said:

@MineAntoiya said:

Despite the totem being found in 12 seconds even, that is still twelve seconds of no gen rushing and people scrambling to find it.
    Time is literally so precious we'll take any amount of distraction versus an immediate gen rush.

Except Survivors don't scramble to find it, because it's basically irrelevant.

• Sn0wJob

@Orion said:

@Sn0wJob said:

@MineAntoiya said:

Except Survivors don't scramble to find it, because it's basically irrelevant.

Please dont make the great skill checks argument, I've heard it so many times and yet I still see high rank games where nobody "powers through with great skill checks"
    It does happen occasionally, but it doesn't happen every game and it rarely happens even still with a single person on a genny.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@AsePlayer said:

@Doom_Punk said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

NoED.

Noed is not a crutch, it is a gamble. They stake a perk slot for the majority of the game for a payout at endgame. No one ever remembers that a Killer running NOED is only running three perks to battle the first part of the game.

So no its not a crutch, its a calculated risk. Survivors are the ones that allow NOED to be a thing. If they would slow down their gen rushing and pop a few totems then NOED never manifest.

NOED has also been twice nerfed into its current state, get over the damn perk already. You know it exists and you know how to stop it, its on survivors to look for those totems during the match.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

I know right! There's BBQ and Chili, and NOED, and...
    uh...
    and...
    um...

• Outland

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

uh...
    and...
    um...

BBQ and Chili... you mean the perk designed to get Killers to not camp and give incentive to chase others. That BBQ and Chili? The solution to the problem that survivors were constantly complaining was an issue and still do to this day. and Read above for NOED.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

@Outland said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

uh...
    and...
    um...

BBQ and Chili... you mean the perk designed to get Killers to not camp and give incentive to chase others. That BBQ and Chili? The solution to the problem that survivors were constantly complaining was an issue and still do to this day. and Read above for NOED.

I know, I know, I'm just saying those are the closest things Killers got to a crutch.

• Outland

@Outland said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

uh...
    and...
    um...

I know, I know, I'm just saying those are the closest things Killers got to a crutch.

Sorry man, I misread the tone of your post, Cheers!!

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

@Orion said:

@Science_Guy said:

@Beardedragon said:

@AsePlayer said:

@Why_Are_You_Salty said:

Git gud.

Always.

^
    I rest my case.

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    edited July 2018

Before I say anything else... I agree with the direction the game is heading. Survivors need a few more nerfs, SC, DS, SB, and gen rushing. However, please do not forget that many times survivors get put with idiots that dc, give you away, sandbag you, get downed within 3 seconds of a chase, and many many more issues.

When it comes to SWF survivors need heavy nerfs, when it comes to soloq... not so much.
    Devs need to be careful about how much they nerf survivors.

EX:
    Just today I managed to lose the killer and while being sneaky and putting some distance between him and me I stumble with a Feng. I run SC, but since letting someone else heal you is faster and you can be nice and let them get a few points I decided to let the Feng heal me... Worse thing I could've done, she misses a skill-check gets me found and killed. :D

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    Sn0wJob said:

Not to mention NOED is our only counter to borrowed time once the exit gates are powered, but yeah please do go on.

...youre joking right?
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Doom_Punk said:

I've played Survivor this patch and haven't died yet. I'm using a stealth build too, not even the meta.

The changes were very minor but it's a step in the right direction.

Now I’m not trying to be rude, but since the patch I’ve died more so now than before and the only “meta” I use is self care. Cool brag though must be awesome being the minority at the top. Basically they nerfed altruism and evader for survivors. A large portion of the player base enjoys altruism though. I like stealth. Not everyone wants to walk around like a ninja though.
  • Master
    Suvivors will complain about it
    its a constant in life, just like the sunrise :wink:
  • Orion

@Master said:
    Suvivors will complain about it
    its a constant in life, just like the sunrise :wink:

So in roughly 5 billion years they'll stop complaining?

• Master
    Fact is that even do unnvering enduring doesn't counter Ds while totem cleansing indeed Lremoves noed
  • nickc2122
    nickc2122 Member Posts: 10
    edited July 2018
    What I love is that survivors constantly have something to complain about. A killer’s goal is to kill. A survivors goal is to finish gens. How does a killer put a stop to this? He confirms kills. This goes either by him camping or patrolling. There is nothing wrong on both sides. It’s how the game is meant to be played. It’s getting old that every game the after game chat is either a gg or oh you camped, oh you are trash. So on and so fourth. This is coming from someone who plays both sides. The only thing that I ever get annoyed with is when killers face camp with like 4 or 5 gens up.