Scrapping system for addons and offerings

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited October 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

So everyone knows that you have some addons, offerings you dont like to take in the bloodweb but you have to, to finish the level up. A scrapping system what Hearthstone uses for an example would fit into the game very well and would make alot of sense for my opinion.

Explaining really quick the Hearthstone scrapping:

You can disenchant cards you dont like and get dust out of them, higher quality cards give more dust and with this dust you can craft any card you like, obvously you need ALOT more dust to craft a card then you gain from disenchanting.

So my idea was that you can do kind of the same, you scrap some addons and gain a new currency next to shards, bloodpoints and cells. With this currency you can go into a new section in the store next to "shrine of secrets" doesnt matter what you want to call that new section. And "craft" specific addons or offerings that are avalaible in this week, like 3 addons example: prayer beads, tuning guide, iridicent stone and 1 offering (Mori or a map offering what ever).

I would personally love having this. What do you think about that?

Comments

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options

There needs to be something you can do to get a refund on addons/offerings, yeah.

I have several splinter-type offerings leftover that I will never use because there is no point in doing so, and I have a massive bunch of moonlight offerings that I literally cannot use because they got retired. Then there are all the addons that are just straight useless and only exist to waste space on the bloodweb and your BP like Padded Jaws and Speed Limiter.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535
    Options

I'd like to trade in all the stupid add-ons OR SPLINTERS FOR KILLERS I BOUGHT WITH ACs... sorry that still annoys me.

I'd like this system.

• BenZ0
    Options

@Gibberish

Yup! Same as me.

@UlvenDagoth

Glad we share the same opinion!

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

I wouldn't want this purely for the reason that then people will use good add-ons more often and rarely use low tier add-ons. I wouldn't want to face prayer beads every time I go against Spirit, or insta-saw billies.

• UlvenDagoth
    Options

I've seen you in my Legion thread I think... good to see you got a good head on your shoulders

• BenZ0
    Options

@PolarBear

I can understand what you mean, but you have also the ability to craft a instaheal or something else if you know what I mean! And actually there are alot of brown or yellow addons that are really underrated and unknown, for an example, Legions yellow edged ruler addon, Demogorgon almost all brown addons, Spirit all browns are good too etc.

• BenZ0
    Options

@UlvenDagoth

Oh I remember, I forgot to answer you back there, I am really sorry about that dude, sometimes I lose my mind cuz having study stress besides that you know! I hope you dont think bad about me :C

• UlvenDagoth
    Options

Ah no it's fine! Go ahead and answer over there if you want now! I get distracted too

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

I seldom use add-ons/items when playing survivor and I wouldn't want to start relying on them. As a killer I also wouldn't want to start using rare/very-rare add-ons because survivors now have more insta-heals.

They just need to freshen up the bloodweb a bit. Revamp most of the bloodpoint offerings and keep reworking old items and add-ons just like medkits just now.

• UlvenDagoth
    Options

It would be nice to get rid of the ones that are retired at least.

• raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    Options

We already have a fourth currency coming in the form of Rift Fragments, another one and another system is way too much just for this. Much simpler solution is just to scrap for a small fraction of the Bloodpoints used to buy it. Or even for a few XP, Shards or Fragments.

• BenZ0
    Options

@raw_bean

Would work aswell for sure!

Besides, world of warcraft has over 50 different currencys xDD

• nickofford
    nickofford Member Posts: 105
    Options

Getting rid of useless add-ons is a great QOL change but crafting top items repeatedly will create problems I would rather get bloodpoints back and have them make items more useful (like luck offerings)

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited October 2019
    Options

Scrapping for additional bp?

No, this would drastically throw economy off, old 3x np event taught us that few days of such am event equals to few weeks of constant Moris, bnps and insta heals.

I dont want to experience such a crappy times again.

Recycling has been suggested plenty of times, even back in 2016. Devs said they will look into it... In 2016.

If anything, recycling could be going into XP or directly into shards.

It shouldnt go into rift fragment due to obvious reasons (storing and quickly recycling once new rift comes out to easily max it out).

• BenZ0
    Options

@PureHostility

Or shards would be nice too, I would like to have a second way to earn shards, because since there are so many cosmetics for shards, they should add a new system to earn shards for my opinion.