pallet vacuum ?

is it just me or there really is a vacuum when survivors smash a pallet on killer's head ? i am close to the pallet, not really close, but still relatively close, and the game just brings me closer to the pallet when survivor drop it on my head :D

so is this a thing or is it just me ?

Comments

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

I had a vault vacuum going up against a ghost face I was mashing my button to throw down the pallet in the bus, but then it goes over to the vault and I vault it like what?

• Spooky13
    Spooky13 Member Posts: 1,471

It's still a tiny bit there but only after you run through the pallet. You can run ahead a tiny bit to bait the killer for another loop, then mash it and get drawn back towards the pallet to stun the killer.

• Nosplash
    Nosplash Member Posts: 77

i'm talking about the killer's side. like i said, if i am close to the pallet, like at the border of the wall close to the pallet or in general close to the pallet, i get like sucked at the pallet when the survivor drops it

• Nosplash

i guess you were closer to the window than the pallet and that's why the game vaulted you over the bus window and not dropped the pallet

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Pallet vacuum had nothing to do with the killer. It simply moved the survivor from one side of the pallet to the other instantly. You typically get hit because you lunged at said survivor before the hitbox teleported to the other side. Thankfully pallets don't work like this anymore.

What you experienced would be lag if anything.

• Nosplash

actually it happens when i am chasing them and not hiting. i am not even in front of the pallet, i am at the side of it ( close to a structure for ex : a wall or smth ) and i get stunned and "teleported"/moved in front of the pallet when i get stunned

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

The pallets hitbox is larger than the model. Getting hit at the side is common.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I would guess the pallet hitbox is a bit wider then we would think. Then you get moved over for the stun animation. That would be my best guess anyway.

• Nosplash

thank you both :) did not know that actually