Killers that need mild changes to be better

Options

By "mild" I mean small, easy to do but notable changes. Omitting Wraith and Freddy because they're going to be buffed soon.

Clown: if he hits a Survivor directly with the tonic that disables their ability to perform actions (I.E. vaulting, throwing down pallets or working on gens) for 2-4 seconds.

Doctor: increase the stun time of his zap to 4 seconds. 4 seconds would be plenty of time to stop them from getting to pallets/windows.

Leatherface: the initial slow down when revving the saw is gone. The slow down will kick in after he's been revving for about 3-4 seconds. Multiple ideas that would make him more different from Billy like: a lower terror radius, when he hooks someone that leaves them Mangled, his chainsaw has faster recovery when breaking pallets and/or he receives a speed boost after breaking a pallet with the saw. A lot of different things you can do with Bubba.

Trapper: starts with 2 traps by default and the traps hold them in place for a longer period of time.

Michael Myers: can Bloodlust at EW 1.

Huntress: her hum is no longer directional.

Pig: fix her add-ons that increase the amount of time to search a box. Decrease the timer on her trap and/or the timer goes into effect the instant a Survivor is up instead of waiting for a gen to get completed. Change the timing of her roar when she does her dash attack so the roar happens shortly AFTER she does the dash instead of before.

Comments

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998
    Options

Doc may be too strong.
    Pig stays ######### in chase then.

• OxyReap
    OxyReap Member Posts: 90
    Options

Killer are good right now. The only thing is pallet looping against good survivors, that's why Nurse and Hillbilly are better than all others.

And there is things who need to be nerfed for killer too. Their power to spot survivors is actually too strong.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@OxyReap said:
    Killer are good right now. The only thing is pallet looping against good survivors, that's why Nurse and Hillbilly are better than all others.

And there is things who need to be nerfed for killer too. Their power to spot survivors is actually too strong.

Since pallet looping is staying as it is apparently (mindgame pallets seem to be forgotten by devs), the other killers have to be brought up to the level of nurse and billy

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114
    Options

Since pallet looping is staying as it is apparently (mindgame pallets seem to be forgotten by devs), the other killers have to be brought up to the level of nurse and billy

They already said they don't want all the killers to be the same strength, which is ######### IMO. Except Nurse, her high skill ceiling should let her be stronger.

• OxyReap
    Options

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

I don't agree with you, it will just make the game impossible for noobs. You can't balance a game only for rank 1. That's why balance is much more hard than we all think.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

I don't agree with you, it will just make the game impossible for noobs. You can't balance a game only for rank 1. That's why balance is much more hard than we all think.

Balancing a game aroudn rank 1 is better than balancing it around rank 20.
    Sure it would be ideal to gain balance on all ranks but balancing it around beginners completely ######### up the system. Are you supposed to derank in order to play balanced games?

Not enough that there are no rewards for ranking up, no you are actually punished for it (as killer) because of how unbalanced the game is against competent survivors

• OxyReap
    Options

@Hillbilly420 said:

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

Guess what? That's how games work. if one player is better than the other then the better player wins.

THIS IS WHY RANKS EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You don't change mechanics and make it easier for bad players to win because that isn't fun either. If everyone can effortless score a headshot then that makes the skill of getting one meaningless and people lose interest.

Right now Behavior has the advantage by being the only Asymmetric horror game but there's going to be more contenders soon. Hence they've been trying to actually balance the game now.

You must approach a balanced for every body. It's useless to up killer when the problem isn't the kit of the killer. The problem is time for killing them and pallet looping. The game must be balanced for 2 survivors getting killed in average at any ranks. But it's better to have a 2 survivors in high ranks and a 3 survivors in low ranks, i let you that point.

But Buffing brainlessly killer IS NOT A WAY.
    Game mechanics must be changed.

• OxyReap
    Options

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

@Master said:

@OxyReap said:

Balancing a game aroudn rank 1 is better than balancing it around rank 20.
    Sure it would be ideal to gain balance on all ranks but balancing it around beginners completely ######### up the system. Are you supposed to derank in order to play balanced games?

Not enough that there are no rewards for ranking up, no you are actually punished for it (as killer) because of how unbalanced the game is against competent survivors

I never said game must be balanced only for noobs. They must find something that is not at the heavy advantage for killers in low ranks. And they must fix the fact survivors are too strong in high ranks.

And like I said, I'm pretty sure buffing each low killer is a good way to do it since this is not the problem.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

I never said game must be balanced only for noobs. They must find something that is not at the heavy advantage for killers in low ranks. And they must fix the fact survivors are too strong in high ranks.

And like I said, I'm pretty sure buffing each low killer is a good way to do it since this is not the problem.

First off you and the devs absolutely have to learn that there is nothing that can happen to make Noobs lives better in this game.. killer is going to thrive no matter what in the low ranks because Noobs dont even know what a safe pallet is, they dont know what the hell the killer shack is... theres nothing that the devs can do to make it balanced what the devs need to do is they need to stop worrying about the noobs and let then git gud and talk to friends/make friends and learn that way (perks of having SWF in the game)... the devs need to balance around the more experienced because that's where the mechanics are abused in this game... remember howling grounds? If that wasnt a noobs dream idk what is, the more experienced survivors were abusing the crap out that update..
  • OxyReap
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    @OxyReap

First off you and the devs absolutely have to learn that there is nothing that can happen to make Noobs lives better in this game.. killer is going to thrive no matter what in the low ranks because Noobs dont even know what a safe pallet is, they dont know what the hell the killer shack is... theres nothing that the devs can do to make it balanced what the devs need to do is they need to stop worrying about the noobs and let then git gud and talk to friends/make friends and learn that way (perks of having SWF in the game)... the devs need to balance around the more experienced because that's where the mechanics are abused in this game... remember howling grounds? If that wasnt a noobs dream idk what is, the more experienced survivors were abusing the crap out that update..

Oh please I think you don't read me. The system of pallet need to be balanced, this is not normal there is "Safe pallet" and other pallets. The entire gameplay of pallet is absolutely boring. Going to turn around a pallet, dropping it and go to another pallet is really the most ######### part of Dbd.

Up killers will just ######### up noob and don't change anything at high rank, reworking some mechanics of the game itself will.

Stop think I want killer to be bullied by survivors. I'm a kiiller main, but all killer main in this game just want 4 kills every times, and the thing is : IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

So i will make a list of what must be reworked for better game for every one :

• Pallet looping : Toxic as hell if you have no killer who can beat it.
    • Killer perks for spotting survivors : It destroyed stealth, the center part of the Survivors gameplay.
    • And they really need to increase the game duration with secondary objectives.

Just now please, don't say words I never said. I DON'T WANT KILLER TO BE BAD.

• Bravo0413
    Options
    OxyReap said

Oh please I think you don't read me. The system of pallet need to be balanced, this is not normal there is "Safe pallet" and other pallets. The entire gameplay of pallet is absolutely boring. Going to turn around a pallet, dropping it and go to another pallet is really the most ######### part of Dbd.

Up killers will just ######### up noob and don't change anything at high rank, reworking some mechanics of the game itself will.

Stop think I want killer to be bullied by survivors. I'm a kiiller main, but all killer main in this game just want 4 kills every times, and the thing is : IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

So i will make a list of what must be reworked for better game for every one :

• Pallet looping : Toxic as hell if you have no killer who can beat it.
    • Killer perks for spotting survivors : It destroyed stealth, the center part of the Survivors gameplay.
    • And they really need to increase the game duration with secondary objectives.

Just now please, don't say words I never said. I DON'T WANT KILLER TO BE BAD.

And SWF ruined the game how it was intended to be completely if there wasnt the possibility of revealing the location of the killer then I'd say I agree with you but because swf is a thing the killer needs perks that reveal the survivors location so that they have at least a chance to keep up with what is the east objective of completing gens.. anyone who claims that killer mains only want a 4k is funny the fact is that survivor gameplay is wayy to damn easy its brain dead... I agree with you that they need more objectives to complete pallet looping is neccessary they need to make less safe pallets and fix map layout there is no reason to have windows right next to pallets in multiple locations other then the killer shack 
  • Bravo0413
    Options
    If theyd fix maplayout and add in a few objectives (ya cant have too many simply because theres killers like nurse and Billy in the game that would feed right off the extra time given) this game would be so much better 
  • OxyReap
    Options

The problem is, you can't balance the game for SWF. It will destroy solo players. I prefer enduring SWF sometimes than get easy win 90% of times. But that's just what i'm thinking, it's not general.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531
    Options
    Sound too op for survs.