The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

4K Slug strategy becoming too common. Needs a fix.

It wastes time for the last 2 survivors and encourages dc'ing for the next to last survivor. There needs to be an option for the slugged survivor to bleed out faster at some point during the slug instead of having to wait for a full 4 minutes on the ground.

Comments

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Let them crawl to a hook and hook themselves! Not really, but would be amusing 😄

I would like some sort of husk system though. Would be much better than people disconnecting in that circumstance as it would actually be within the scope of the game and not a side effect of how disconnections work in relation to the hatch.

• HellCatJane
    HellCatJane Member Posts: 698

LOL That is what I was thinking! but I had to stop there cause that's not realistic lmao omg I can totally picture seeing it happen from afar too... oh man. Too funny.

The dev's DID say there will be a husk system in place. So lets hope it can be used to help everyone in these situations.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

The husk also removes any pressure from the remaining survivor to go do the right thing and save the slug. That altruism is what the killer counts on to exploit to get both of the last survivors. Otherwise the last survivor will just chill out and wait - cause no one is going to save a husk.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

If it's so common. Use unbreakable....

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

Next to Unbreakable there is also another Perk...No Mither!

You are asking for a solution that already exist, but you prioritize other things over Unbreakable and by doing this, you yourself are saying, slugging doesn't happen that often, that it would justify Unbreakable in your selection of Perks.

So what is it now?

Is it you, who don't want to use Unbreakable or is slugging really that big of a deal (2 min bleed out timer)?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

If I see the 4th survivor I'm going to go for them.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Or... you could just run anti-slug builds.

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

Not to mention the killer gets 2500 points just for a 4k.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Learn to deal with priorities.

Im tired to see guys getting downed cause they absolutely want that unhook or rescue even if the killer is still there. Its just screaming slug me.

Do gens and killer wont 4 men slug anyone

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

I was adding onto what you were replying to, my bad if it confused you lmao

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Use anti slug if you don't want to be slugged. Really it's that easy.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

As a person that does this sometimes, it is OP and it is unfair. plain and simple.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

All three of these is actually one of the builds I like to run.

Add on Decisive Strike to it and you can annoy the killer even further.

The truth is, the slug strategies and builds are becoming more popular because of how prevalent DS is today. It's an ugly cycle.

Tunneling leads to DS, DS leads to Slug, Slug leads to No Mither.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

On the rare occasion where I play survivor, I am not going to use a one-time use perk. Adrenaline, DS, Unbreakable are all one-time use perks. I prefer efficiency over meta. No Mither is a joke because the killer knows you are running it and that defeats the purpose. Tenacity is useless vs Chili and Deerstalker.

I've been on the ugly end of 4 slug matches enough to know how ungodly boring they are. Survivors need a concede option so they can get to a match that might have some points to it. Had a match where I started next to Nurse, got downed, she downed the survivor who came for me, then the third. The 4th went immersed until we all bled out. Boring as all get out. No thanks, let them concede and move on.

I hate slugging survivors because I know how boring it is. I'm someone that actually thinks a video game should be fun for all involved, as much as possible anyways. But, I'm also old school and don't see this game, or my performance in it, as any form of extension of my life. It's just a fun toy.

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

I don't see the use of slugging even as a killer main

If their is 3 survs left and I downed the two that carelessly tried to unhook the surv when I wasn't away then ya I'll leave the dude slugged so I can find the last one and finish the game cuz if ur gonna farm when I'm not even away from the damn hook the. Yeah imma finish y'all off

• Lambda
    Lambda Member Posts: 105

Flip Flop, Unbreakable, Tenacity, Buckle Up, for Christ's sake No Mither

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

from my experience the guy who gets slugged for the 4k DCs to allow me hatch I ain't complaining lol

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I usually only slug at the end if I still haven't gotten my 4th BBQ stack yet. Otherwise, I give the last survivor a chance to escape.

• Knots
    Knots Member Posts: 49

It's not hopeless, OP. Start crawling around looking for hatch.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

When the developers make it so generators dont go so quickly then i would agree slugging needs to be changed but until then its valid run unbreakable if its such a problem.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,092

Honestly No Mither imo should be changed, and Unbreakable should be unlimited. It makes no sense to have these "one off" perks that are band aid fixes to actual game problems.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Unbreakable unlimited would be too op, because if you injured from dying, Killer can not know if you have Unbreakable or being healed. Unbreakable is something suprised to Killer, and you're still able to get Healthy state, unlike No Mither.

No Mither, I think it should start with Healthy state, but once you're dying, you Have choice:

1. If you decide to get to Injured from Dying, you will be Broken the whole game after. Of course you're able to do that Unlimited.
    2. If you decide to get healed from Dying to Injured, you still able to get Heathy state.
  • yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

remove depipping from 3ks and people might think about giving up the hatch sometimes

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

Why not just use unbreakable?

I really don't get it. There is a perk exactly for this kind of situation, why not use it?

To hard to let go of the premium

DS, BT, Adrenaline, Exhaustion perk

Build I guess...

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    edited October 2019

Always bring unbreakable. At higher ranks, most killers will slug you after you're unhooked because of DS, so unbreakable comes in handy. If the killer doesn't slug you after the unhook, then unbreakable will have its use if the killer slugs at the late game.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018
  • Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174

I play killer and survivor equally, so if there are any tactics that i hate, i won't do it to the other side. As killer, i only slug long enough to avoid DS, or if i know where the 4th person is to get the instant 4k, not to add another 3 minutes of waiting to the match to try and find the guy or wait for the slug to get saved. And as a survivor, i feel just as robbed when a killer plays like trash all game, and 1 gen is left, and the only reason he got kills is because someone DCd and the other one didn't know how to win a chase, and the guy still got dominated, but can just slug the person to go and find the last guy or the hatch. It's just as bad as a swf killing themselves instantly without doing a generator, and someone still gets hatch. (I think they should go back to the 5 or 4 gens left where the hatch stays closed.)

Both ways, it can suck and rob you of the game, but they can't really fix it. If they do the Husk system mentioned above, everyone will just start to slug for the 4k more, and maybe it helps the slug to dodge out, but the other survivor is stuck waiting longer, and with no other option but to die, or run to a door instead and wait for the hatch to close, then hope they don't get caught.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Say hello to my little friend and by that I mean 3 friends Tenacity, Unbreakable, and Flip Flop. Usually they pick up everyone and put them on hooks after so if your meter is up all the way it will be halved and you can pick yourself up

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

No Mither seriously needs a rework or buff. There is no surprise factor to it beacuse you telegraph it to the killer right at the beginning of the match. No killer worth their salt will leave you lying around to get back up.

I agree that Unbreakable should have that portion of No Mither's power. No Mither needs to be reworked.

I mean, I use No Mither a lot but come on devs. It needs some love.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I have one suggest above. That Unbreakable & No mither overall will have the same looking. Except Unbreakable active only once per trial, but able to get Healthy stage ; No mither will active when you get up by yourself, and you have Broken since then, but you're able to get up unlimited time.