We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Freddie Snares has no Penalty during a chase!

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@Rexis When Freddy places a snare, just leave the loop. He has to look at the snare while placing it, so if the killer is distracted just juke them.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

I shouldn't be surprised.

Survivors always complain about these things on the killers. Freddy is finally viable again, and we're back on the trail to garbage city. Folks, there are enough warnings to tell you that a snare exists, and multiple ways to avoid it.

Giant pool of blood. My god, it's already obvious.

Clear animation shows he is placing down snare.

Only works when you are sleeping.

It takes a second to become active.

And yet you still run into those traps and now you got punished for it. I swear, a toxic survivors' thought process before crying out for nerfs can be dumbed down to this: "Is it my fault? No, it must be op. They can never catch up to me, the killer is never better than me" Come ON people, if you want to avoid being caught in traps or hit by Noed, GET BLOODY GOOD AT THE GAME. What is the point of a game with no challenge? Why are you all set out to nerf the living crap out of killers simply because you aren't good?! an easy game is a boring one.

• I don't think theres anything wrong with that because you have to be in the dream world for them to work

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

His lunge is the same as the other killers but his animation makes it look longer.

His snares are not as powerful as the clowns gas in terms of size and are denial. You also have to be asleep for them to even affect you. On top of this there is a delay before they activate leaving you time to hop that window/pallet without getting effected.

His teleport ability is very telegraphed so you get plenty of time to run away before he emerges.

I'm not really seeing the issue with his abilities. If you wanted a slowdown to his movement when he places a snare that would defeat the slowdown of the snare completely as the 15% is not much and doesn't last long.

Unless I'm missing something here I'm not sure what you want changed with Freddy based on my experience playing against and as him.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

freddies dream snares have a certain activation time, so its hard for freddy to use them during a chase, unless you keep running the same loop.

they wont catch you as soon as they are placed, so he eigther has them placed down before you ran into them, or you keep looping him on the same location, so he was able to place them inbetween your loops.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

I'd be ok with an additional penalty if the snares were changed to be more effective rather than relying on multiple snares to get the desired effect.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,140

Drop the pallet

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

And this is the post where you revealed you have no idea what you're talking about and shouldn't be proposing ideas lol

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,949
    edited September 2019

I totally agree with the Dream Snares, he can put them up too rapidly and indiscriminately. That needs to be revisited and no just because he was recently reworked, doesn't immune The Nightmare (or any Killer) from further change.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Nah Freddy boy is fine. Only thing I'd do Is remove the oblivious thing on his sleep since it's pretty OP to render BT useless

• SoloSurvivorMain
    SoloSurvivorMain Member Posts: 67

He only has like 7-9 snares and only gets them back if you decide to run over them not unlimited

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

god forbid survivors actually need to think about their hook saves

• PickCollins
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

They aren't active while awake so the mechanics wouldn't really do much imo...

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Freddy's snares barely do anything and only punish you if you're:

1. still looping
    2. asleep by that time

I don't see an issue here...

• DocWeed
    DocWeed Member Posts: 5

What you do against snares when you are vulnerable to them (asleep, usually after you've wasted a decent amount of time awake) is simply avoid loops where they are already armed, and when he's arming them on loops you're running, look for loops to run to that aren't already covered. Keep in mind he does have a finite amount of armed traps on the map, just like hag, so if you keep track of windows and loops you've been running, it's easy to run back to a loop that is no longer covered

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Hag traps have huge AoE.

Clown Bottles have Huge AoE.

Trappers Traps Stay where you put them and flat out stop survivors in place when triggered.

Billy, Spirit, Doctor and Leather Face have a completely different mechanic that doesn't impede survivors movement speed.

And Huntress can hit people from across the map.

Freddy's Snares are small, don't affect survivors that are awake, take 1 second to charge before putting them down, and can be easily avoided if you watch your step. I believe these are the reasons he doesn't have/need a "penalty" for using them.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

BT doesn't counter camping.

A camper can grab you.

BT just let's you make saves in front of the Killers face after looping him around the hook (and thus you have some non-0 distance between you and the Killer).

And at that point why wouldn't he be there? You were just being chased, so of course he's going to be right next to the unhooked Survivor.

If he's camping you aren't getting an unhook.

If he's not chasing you and isn't camping then he's likely too far away for the perk to matter in one way or another.

• PickCollins

Uh. Wrong. BT is meant to stop a killer who is in close proximity to the hook from downing the unhooked Survivior again.

A camper CAN grab you. That's why most people wait until the killer hits them to pull and give their teammate the BT buff without getting grabbed. There's ur counterplay.

• PickCollins

Uh. Wrong. BT is meant to stop a killer who is in close proximity to the hook from downing the unhooked Survivior again.

A camper CAN grab you. That's why most people wait until the killer hits them to pull and give their teammate the BT buff without getting grabbed. There's ur counterplay.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

And more Killers should not be crippled by there OWN power. So thanks for pointing that out.

This. ALL OF THIS. Good example? Legion.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Why should a survivor be punished though for being able to loop the killer, if the killer can't catch you after quite a while you shouldn't be punished for playing well.

• UlvenDagoth

You only see those cause they are the only ones Viable at high ranks. I agree with you 100%

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Freddy has the same lunge as every other killer with the exception of Myers whose lunge is determined by his Evil Within tiers. Myers has the longest universal lunge when in tier 3 and the shortest in tier 1. Also Freddy can't set a million anything he set 8 traps and there is a slight delay till it is fully armed. Also Freddy can and does aim his placement, but if he's chasing you he's just gonna put it on the corner of the loop and chase you back towards it.

Just leave the loop if you feel your gonna get trapped. Also his traps only work on you if you're a sleep so be sure your going to your clock and waking up. The clocks give you much more time before you start falling asleep again than being woken up by your teammates. Also every time a teammate wakes you up it gets harder for them to wake you up.

• UlvenDagoth

I mean, I don't at all. I don't even slug most of the time.

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461

Because that killer has anti-loop tools designed to punish survivors for trying to draw out chases. Freddy isn't the first with an anti-loop mechanic, his is just the first one that works reliably due to the same factors that lead people to say it's OP.

If Trapper or Hag put down a trap at a loop in mid-chase, the survivor sees that and they move on to the next loop. It actually hurts these killers to do that because the time they lose setting the trap is greater than the time they gain by breaking the loop.

Clown's got some good anti-loop but it ends once he runs out of bottles. Reloading takes so long and slows him down so much that you can easily leave him in the dust.

Freddy's ability to break a loop while chasing makes it an actual punishment for the survivor to be forced out of it because he doesn't lose momentum. When I play the Fredster, I honestly get more use from my snares driving survivors out of safe loops than actually snaring them. I tend to catch the squishies between loops more frequently than at them.

• “These other M1 killers have huge flaws, let’s make this one weaker too!”

• UlvenDagoth

Both of these. The top Killers get yelled about that they need nerfs and that they are OP and all that. Look what happened to Freddy the first time! Look what happened to Legion! Why do most (not all) survivors seem to want to NOT HAVE TO THINK OR HAVE A CHALLENGE?! Most of these are prolly the ones saying it's boring to hold M1 on a gen. Well if you'd let a Killer be the power role and have some actual threat to them (unlike half the roster or more at this point, reliability.) maybe then you wouldn't be so bored all the time!

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

They don't even punish that much. The killers are supposed to win 1 on 1 encounters most of the time, while there are 4 survivors. They are already getting punished for being looped so long. Besides Freddy is very much so based off of survivor mistakes, and allowing yourself to be ensnared after doing so well is a mistake. Most chases don't last long enough for you to fall asleep passively anyway.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

There is a cooldown, but it comes in the form of the snare setting up. So if a survivor is running on a snare just placed it won't activate. And besides, the traps aren't meant for use during a chase, they are meant for preparing for a survivor too enter that loop.

• DeathEscape
    DeathEscape Member Posts: 313

Put a penalty on freddy's snare just like the hag but the game will start with everyone is asleep how is that for compensation.😆😆😆

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

You're not ok with Snares? What about fake Pallets?

• DeathEscape

You can't have both pallets and snares, you need to pick only one of them.

Dream Pallets are limited.

You can't fill the map with Snares that's exaggerating.

Freddy is normal when you compare it to The Nurse and Billy which they call OP but they are not.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

So highly visible traps that only trigger when the survivor is in a certain state and give only a little movement penalty should have a setup time. No thanks.

• DeathEscape
    edited October 2019

Nurse teleport works in different way than freddy. 100 snares and fills the map with snares youre exaggerating things.

Hillbilly can one shot a survivor and is better than freddy in both map pressure and bringing down survivor yet hillbilly is balance and no one wants to nerf him because he is fine the way he is, but why nerf freddy?he have a terror radius, He cannot one shot you and you can stun him with pallets, run away from him and wake yourself up or find help.

If you can't never run away from freddy's chase after 5 games playing against freddy it shows how _ _ _ you are being a survivor.

I can understand if you are playing the game with no offering,add-ons and perks, yah not having those and you will certainly lose.

• DeathEscape
    edited October 2019

The reason why many are talking about freddy is because he is reworked and many are playing him and enjoying his new features after a month I guarantee that they will all get bored.

Yah he is seriously the hot spot topic now

To simplify it, many are calling him OP because:

Many are playing freddy and 9/10 of your games are against freddy, some lose againts him some wins but because he is the only killer they are currently playing some who suffers 2 consecutive loses against him in their 10 games will argue he is OP.

Here is my theory:

Think about it, playing againts different killers and lose consecutively from different killers, yah thats normal on the other hand if all of your games you play against the same killer because he is still the hotspot topic now and many are playing him and you lose consecutively, how is that different?

It doesn't change the fact that you lose too much than winning.

About a month ago they are saying Ghost face is OP but now look no one even mentions his OP.

People are exaggerating about new things because they still don't know anything about it or how to play against them.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636

The guy complained about Snares having no slow down and I asked what about pallets because they're exactly the same

• Ninjaarman721
    Ninjaarman721 Member Posts: 46

some players complain about killers like this and then ask themselves,"ugh why i only get spirit,billy,and nurse they are boring",this makes the answer to this thread a DON'T nerf freddy already,the fact that some people want to cry instead of learning counterplays is real,also the fact freddy snares are easy to avoid,sure u will have to drop earlier,but not being greedy with loops is a good beginning to do well against him,try to pretend ur commiting to the loop and then run away,it sometimes works and buys you time,

the bloodlust sure looks kinda robbed,but still,you gotta give other killers a chance,making other killers viable and learning good counterplays are a good start to stop the massive spirit,billy,nurse killers,how you complain about only getting certain killer when they are the ONLY killers viable enough to play;

survivor mains did this to themselves,the massive spirit,nurse and billy mains is the consequence of crying to nerf every other killer,legion is a good example for this,freddy 1.0,etc.

freddy is fine in the state he is currently

• DeathEscape

Pallets have no slow down but dropping the dream pallet can buy time for freddy to hit you once but the dream pallets as i said before it is limited, so you need to think about it and place your dream pallets wisely.

• Centrum
    Centrum Member Posts: 160

Freddy is fine.

Stop asking for nerfs as a stand-in for learning how to play.

Nerfs. Because I'm totally MLG! I just need a talent scout to find me!

-Most Survivors Asking For Nerfs

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

Everyone did ask for a rework/buff. "cough, cough"

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

because survivors should be forced to use different strategies to beat different killers instead of looping being a default I win state

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

He does have a penalty actually. Granted its pretty easy to work around, but being awake makes them completely nullified.

• Nunya_Nunyabiz
    Nunya_Nunyabiz Member Posts: 30

Its standard you just have to remember his gloves have very small knives

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

The penalty is that you have to be asleep to trigger the traps