Freddie Snares has no Penalty during a chase!

Rexis
Rexis Member Posts: 190
edited September 2019 in General Discussions

The Clown has to refill his bottles

The Hag has to bend down and place a Trap

The Trapper has to bend down and place a Trap

Spirit has a cool down for phasing

Belly has a Cool down to chain saw

Bubba has a cool down to chain saw

Huntress has to refill hatchets

Doctor has to swap between Shock and Hit moods

Then comes our lovely Freddie, where he can place a hundred dream snares during a chase without slowing down, without having to refill, without having to aim "like clown" with absolutely no penalty!

So he can create illusions like Doctor or Slow you down with snares like clown, Teleport to any Gen worse than Nurse and he's got the biggest lunge attack than any other killer!

so instead of making survivors becoming oblivious, shouldnt you put a reason for him not to place a hundred snare during the chase other than to close down a loop!

Comments

• Rexis

Tell me what you think guys!

• i think the lunge attack is standart (?)

• Rexis

but you are asleep with the first hit, so basically at some stage during the chase you will have to deal with his unlimited uncontrolled snares! and if you are that good who will run him for an entire minute without being hit, then you are going to sleep anyway!

• Rexis

snares cannot be avoided when they are infront of the killer shack window, and to avoid it is to die! you cannot avoid it when its right under a pallet! or in the way around the car/truck whatever you are looping or else he is catching up with you anyway.. all am saying is I think for balance freddie shouldnt be adding 10's of snares during a chase without slowing down at all!

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Yeah, so the penalty is that it takes time for a Survivor to be able to be affected by them.

• TAG

Trapper should slow down to 50% if he steps in his own trap. /s

• Regionlock
    Regionlock Member Posts: 316

ROFL, They do make a point tho. Your point is kinda not that great, as it's super spammy for bloodlust reliant gamers around loops. This is why freddy had become so popular even in red ranks because it's strong A tier at least.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Pallets are better

• Marcurie
    Marcurie Member Posts: 79

So, the main issue w/ your "comparison" is that Freddy has a setup time, has to look where he wants it, and the snare has a very large visual component. Of all the above mentioned abilities, disregarding clown which is a stretch to start with, the Dream Snare is by and far the easiest to avoid and least deadly in and of itself. It won't injure you, immobilize you, or even harm you in any way by default. It's a tool to slow you, but without nursing by the killer, is otherwise harmless.

This topic is a QQ post, in my opinion.

• Rexis

I agree, but pallets wouldnt make difference to place during a chase cause you will know its fake, and you will not place a 100 pallets during a chase anyway, but snares

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The funny thing is that he slows down to 0% in reality.

So your BS joke is somehow not as bad as what is actually in game.

• TAG
  • aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Well the problem is he doesn't break bloodlust when setting snares. This makes him really annoying because literally any killer playing Freddy with room temperature IQ can bloodlust pallets the entire game.

• Nephs
    Nephs Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2019

I don't understand why you'd want to nerf Freddy, he's far from overpowered, there's numerous killers better than him, but here we are, nitpicking that his snares which apply a minor slow if you walk through them but only if you're asleep and are giant, glowing bright red pools of blood, don't have a downside. Oh yeah and they take time to arm and Freddy does a very clear animation placing them.

Yeah, okay.

No.

• FairP1ayer
    FairP1ayer Member Posts: 500

players use Pallets way more than Snares as is, how is this seriously a complaint? I mean if I ran into snares more maybe I’d agree, but right now the only thing I want to see changed in Freddy is that BS Oblivious not pausing the Deep Wounds Timer.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,138

You're right he need to go to the alarm clock to get some more zzzzz in order to use snares and fake pallets.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

are you implying that freddy needs a nerf or the other killers with these penalties need a buff?

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Yeah snare Freddy is pretty much top tier if used properly, not a whole lot of counter play besides waking up.

A nerf probably wouldn’t be welcomed at this point in time though, maybe try looping more then the same spot I guess 🤷‍♂️

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

traps litterally do nothing unless you are sleeping...that's a pretty major penalty.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

ok for all the people that don't understand how to counter Freddy/clown. Just throw the pallet down earlier and run to the nxt one..there's litterally a billion pallets on each map.

as a secondary note to the imbiciles that think spirit is OP, she has the same counter, though you dnt throw the pallet down you just keep running, she litterally wont catch you as she will think you are looping, but don't, don't loop spirit.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Freddy is perfectly balanced right now. You sound like you want to make him loopable for whole 5 gens if you think his snares are OP. You're not supposed to be able to hold killer in 1 chase for the whole game you know.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,036

Why do people bring up the argument that they only work on Survivors who are asleep? This is no real argument, since the Survivor will put into Sleep after the first Hit.

But I dont see the Snares as a problem. They are better than the Pallets and it is not that much fun to play vs a Snare-spamming Freddy who is just going to Bloodlust, but they are not unfair. Freddy is in a good spot.

• Deadbyblake
    Deadbyblake Member Posts: 27

You literally cant do anything if the snares are about, a hex had like 5 around it couldn't do anything for the whole game, you should atleast be able to clean the blood or something

• Xboned
    Xboned Member Posts: 461
    edited September 2019

The Entity was unprepared when OSHA representatives began to appear in its realm...

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

I think you have it backward. Freddy is fine. But some of thoses killers you mentionned could use a buff.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,289
    edited September 2019

Freddy snares have a delay before they activate. You also need to be asleep for them to even affect you. The players that struggle vs Freddy are the ones who tend to neglect the fact that alarm clocks are on the map. You can spam snares and pallets but you need to be smart about your placements on the map with the limited amount you have.

Freddy is absolutely fine in his current spot. Clown, Cannibal, Doctor and Trapper out of the ones you mentioned should get buffs quite honestly.

Remove all slows Clown receives when using bottles whether it be throwing or reloading. If anything compromise and give Clown 110% speed while reloading and rework the reload movement speed addons.

Rework Bubba

Overhaul Doctor madness effects

Give quality of life changes to Trapper - Set a Trap that's already on the ground without having to pick it up, give his Trap placement a sticky placement similar to how Freddy snares work so you can automatically set the Trap at the last working spot instead of having to slowly edge yourself against a wall until you find the right spot.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Can we leave Freddy alone?

You guys complain to only seing Nurse, Billy or Spirit and now you want him nerfed because he can be good in high ranks?

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Wow, i cant believe someone is crying about freddy not slowing down while snaring up. Out of curiosity, did you know that freddies traps cant touch you if you are awake? That seems pretty damn reasonable enough for a no slow down. He literally cant use his traps on you if you are awake. Stay awake, dont get smacked, or always have a teamate around to wake each other up. swear dude, survivors like you man smh.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,017
    edited September 2019

Oh my god another myth of freddy

Freddy does not have a long lunge anymore it was fixed!

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

He's literally fine stop.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674

Devs finally reworked a killer that is decent. Let’s not put him in the list of unused killers.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

ITT: People complaining that Freddy's snares have no counterplay except for waking up.

That's the idea. It's the whole concept of how the character's power is designed to work. His power is totally disabled when you're awake.

I mean, come on, people.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

And that is not even true. You can still drop pallets earlier and Freddy needs to break them, because Snares don't slow vaults on pallets. And the slow down isn't even that bad, most of the time you can still run through it and get to a pallet.