This DS Meta Is More Stale Than The Last

At the moment survivors are getting off the hook and running straight at the killer wanting to be knockdown and picked up and since this meta has now evolved to that the majority of survivors know when their team mates are being slugged to avoid DS and one or two people will come out and to heal them while the third is on a gen. As the killer you are forced to move straight to another gen because you don't have the time to bait a heal for a slug.

You also have no idea who is running DS due to only one obsession. The only time you can actually directly pressure is to either eat the DS and become forced to tunnel them to death at this risk of someone else having DS.

The new DS has no counter play unlike the last meta and has far more strategic value in SWF than ever before.

DS's active time should be changed to 20 seconds. If you can reach a loop or a jungle gym you are within reason to outplay the killer. DS should act as self use borrowed time, nothing more.

Let me also just say this is why gen perk builds on killers is becoming far more common in this meta, especially pop the weasel.

Comments

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

The thing is, I know. and DS rework was absolutely 100% a buff, but its also a very useful perk now, especially for Solo survivors.

Having said that the 20 seconds idea might be good. But not to be slugged, if you get hit in 20 seconds but the timer wont go down on the ground, perhaps even activating on multiple hooks.

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

I really enjoy it when a killer chases me off hook then slugs me thinking I have DS, allowing me to use my unbreakable.

Feels amazing :D

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Your DS suggestion makes it absolute trash. Killers can easily wait 20 seconds to hit you again.

Just don't tunnel the unhooked survivor. If they force you to hit them, that's a stupid move since they are going to get slugged and survivors will have to leave gens to heal them. If you come across them later, just wait a bit before picking them up. It has a lot more counterplay than the old ds.

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143

Of course they can wait, that's why you got to move to a loop.

Judging by the rest of your post it's clear you haven't played against some SWF groups at R1 then.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Where did you get that idea? When I play killer I don't get hit with DS that often since I always go for the unhooker and slug the unhooked one if I come across them. There are always some bs moments with DS though, I will admit that. Like when the gates are open they can pretty much have a guaranteed escape with DS.

• Williamz
    Williamz Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2019

If you slug them and move away they can use unbreakble as well and swf will still be on the gens as they know he has that. If you are playing at least a somewhat optimal swf team you wont get far with hooking one after another. By the time you get 3 people on to struggle state there will be one gen left. Unless you get lucky and bump into the same two survivors one after another and sacrifice them both you can easily go for the 4k.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

I like it when I haven't used my DS the whole game and I'm being chased out the exit gate area with it active.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

If a person who was just unhooked runs directly towards you, and you attempt to rehook them knowing DS is a thing, the fault is on the killer.

And you could dribble with old DS, which was extremely boring and time consuming.

The change was better for the health of the game

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Yeah DS got an extreme buff. Especially since enduring got nerfed too.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Meta are lame in general, whatever game it is.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@CrowFoxy Yes.. plus points... but the laugh is all worth it.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

You mean 20 second Endurance effect? Or 20 second the same version of DS we have now?

• ZahmZaddy
    ZahmZaddy Member Posts: 54

I also like to jump in lockers and watch the killer stand staring at the locker moving around in circles hoping to not get hit with Head On, just to open the locker to get a good ol' DS!

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,248
    edited October 2019

The DS rework was definitely a buff. The team in charge of perks just doesn't seem to always have a great feel for potential synergies with other perks or comms. Slugging is really not a counter to DS. You don't get anything other than a minor slowdown, especially if they're on comms. Also, people tend to forget the time it takes to hit and down someone, even if they're trying to take a hit. The weapon wipe alone is enough time for someone else to make it to safety. If slugging was effective, survivors wouldn't be trying to tank hits with DS.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

How do you figure New DS started the Gen Slow meta? Sure, new DS allows for longer chases, but that's only if killer camps and tunnels.

The Gen Slow Meta was directly caused by the No Heal Meta. New DS wasn't responsible for that. Old DS had a hand in that, but wasn't even a signficant factor. The main factor that created No Heal was the Healing Nerf.

I do agree thought that DS needs an adjustment. Either it needs to be nerfed -- it's simply too strong and too good not to use -- or every other survivor perk needs a buff to its level (killers seem to like this idea when applied to killer tiers)

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

New DS doesn't really synergize with anything in particular. I don't exactly call the IS/HeadOn combo a real synergy with DS. That's a meme build more than anything else.

Old DS synergized ridiculously with perks like Adrenaline and Old MoM. New DS, not so much. It fits into any build because it is just too powerful and useful, in a killer meta where everyone tunnels.

I agree that the 60 second window is too long. But it is probably a number they decided on after buffing PGTW to 60 seconds. Frankly, any nerf to DS's 60 second window should also have an accompanying nerf to PGTW's window.

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I'm for buffing literally everything. Also, I don't tunnel and could show you that with footage if you want. Also, why would you link PGTW and DS? I don't get the correlation.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2019

DS should deactivate when at least one of these conditions is met:

1. The Survivor interacts with something. No more super safe lockers.
    2. The gates are powered. DS during the endgame is basically a free escape.
    3. Another Survivor is downed. It really sucks not being able to put the Survivor back on the hook because they have DS, even though their teammate messed up.
    4. The Survivors kobes when you are within 32 meters. It's not tunneling at that point. It's the Survivor being dumb and wasting their escape chance when you're still nearby. The Survivor deserves to die in this situation.
    Post edited by SnakeSound222 on