The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggestion: Dedicated 5th Perk Slot

For survivors it would be an exhaustion perk slot, whereas for killers it would be a Hex one. Since perks like Ruin and Adrenaline/DH/BL are a staple in most builds (out of necessity), I feel like this change would give players more customization when it comes to their builds, while still maintaining some freedom on those core perks. This way, survivors will be able to get more "specialized" in certain tasks, like repairing, sabotaging, looting or healing others/self while keeping their exhaustion perk of choice for chases/survivability; killers on the other hand might experiment with more perk synergies within their builds without having to worry too much about their Hex becoming a dead perk 30 seconds into the game.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• VNGNCE
    VNGNCE Member Posts: 15

I don't like the idea man it's to hard to balance. Imagine a spirit that has Hex ruin with BBQ n chili pop goes the weasel enduring and and spirit fury if they use ruin and it's broke in 30 seconds then it's your fault for wasting that perk slot

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

This is probably the most reasonable pitch for a fifth perk slot I've seen, and the limitations seem workable.

The problem is that all of the exhaustion perks are locked behind teachables, and all but one arguably useful hex perk as well. And, a lot of those teachables are further locked behind DLC characters. If something like this were to be added, it would have to be done in a way that is accessible and useful to the lowest common denominator (i.e. players who have purchased the base game and no additional content).

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

↑This. No point in having a Dedicated Slot for Hex/Exhaustion perks when most of either are locked behind DLCs.

• ViciousRaptor
    ViciousRaptor Member Posts: 18

While I do understand (in part) that it wouldn't really be useful for new players since most of those perks are teachables, I have to disagree on the fact that perks are "locked" behind paid DLCs, since you can buy each and every one of them through the Shrine (regardless of which DLC they belong in), for Iridescent Shards: a currency that's gained for free and can be earned ad infinitum.

• ViciousRaptor
    ViciousRaptor Member Posts: 18

You're taking a very specific case for an example here. The thing is, a Spirit can perform amazingly with or without a 5th perk, the difference it would make would be abysmal, compared to an extra perk slot for killers like Wraith or for survivors. And sure, the game would have to be rebalanced around it if things broke too much, but isn't that always the case?

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

It wouldn't add variety at all. If the meta survivor build consist in the 4 strongest perk, if let's say dead hard was added in this 5th slot, its slot would be taken by the 5th strongest perk. You can't change meta with these methods...

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

You need to think of this from the developer's perspective, in product terms. It would look unwelcoming to new players, because it would carry the expectation (or, at best, the perception) of extra buy-in.

You're thinking this from the perspective of the experienced player who is already in for a penny, in for a pound. I assure you that people like us are in the extreme minority of the overall audience. If I had to guess, I would predict that the overwhelming majority of DBD players only own the base game, with a select smattering of DLC at most.

• Darkwraith13
    Darkwraith13 Member Posts: 93

Maybe it would help if the 5th slot was more only the general perks that could go there. I.E. for Killers it would be, (Whispers, Bitter Mumur, Sloppy Butcher, etc...) and Survivors (Kindred, We'll Make It, Dark Sense, etc....) honesty as a solo survivor having kindred as a baseline would be so helpful. I'd probably always run it if I had a 5th slot open.

• LittleLiam
    LittleLiam Member Posts: 34

I like this. I've also thought this as well but I'd include the survivors/killers unique perks as well to that list.

I'd probably main Jane for the dedicated head-on slot.