Hillbilly Nerf

Let me put some points first, you have those 2 killers that really similar (Hillbilly and Leatherface) and I think Hillbilly is actually stronger since he can basically do the same as Leatherface (instadowns), but also has that insane mobility which gives him great pressure over the entire map.

With that being said I think Hillbilly should be nerfed, but not drastically of course.

I think maybe if his base speed was lowered to be something like the huntress' speed he would be fine and still a decent killer. He would still have his insta downs and super mobility to cross the map, but he'd be weaker at chases. With that you would have Leatherface which would be stronger at chases and Hillbilly with the bigger map pressure.

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Hillbilly is fine.. hes been the same for years and doesnt need nerf.. without the chase ability hed be bottom tier and I doubt anyone would really wanna play him.. huntress is slow because she has range without the range she would be at base speed like trapper and wraith..
  • Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

I personally belong to the group that thinks Hillbilly will need a rebalance at sme point together with the Nurse. But in the current state of the game their power is kinda necessary to have at least a chance against survivors. Calling for a Hillbilly nerf is just too early right now..

• rObLoCo
    rObLoCo Member Posts: 23
    How about taking off the “turn on a dime” perk for his chainsaw? They already have mouses that have sensitivity change on the fly, why give that also to them. When they put the saw in the air, let them take a little more time to wind down it’s almost instant.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited August 2018
    hillbilly doesn't need a nerf, every killer should be as strong as him
    reducing his MS by 5% would gut him out of viability into garbage tier 
    thank god you aren't a game designer 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

I don't see any purpose into Leatherface when Hillbilly's chainsaw cleaves/AoEs just as much. The only bonus to LF is that he can hit multiple people in the same saw, but they still have the same cleave. Hillbilly's collision is better against objects, since he can quite literally wrap around them and hit a survivor, or strike through corners because of the way the hit detection system is designed.

Hillbilly shouldn't have full movement speed. Hag doesn't, and she was doing pretty well even before her buffs.

• yugidragon
    yugidragon Member Posts: 18

@Eninya said:
    I don't see any purpose into Leatherface when Hillbilly's chainsaw cleaves/AoEs just as much. The only bonus to LF is that he can hit multiple people in the same saw, but they still have the same cleave. Hillbilly's collision is better against objects, since he can quite literally wrap around them and hit a survivor, or strike through corners because of the way the hit detection system is designed.

Hillbilly shouldn't have full movement speed. Hag doesn't, and she was doing pretty well even before her buffs.

Finally something good to read, I only read killer mains whining, people talking without facts and people missing the point of the topic.

• Eninya
    edited August 2018

@yugidragon said:

@Eninya said:

Finally something good to read, I only read killer mains whining, people talking without facts and people missing the point of the topic.

The forums have always been in denial about how ludicrously over-the-top Hillbilly is, so you're always going to get his defenders flooding in. From how insanely broken he is with BBQ & Chili to how unbalanced he is baseline, no one will acknowledge it and they just want all killers to be as broken as him for some reason.

Yet, they act like Nurse is the worst thing in this game.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Hillbilly doesn't need a nerf.
    Leatherface requires a buff.

• facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52
    Nurse, hag and clown are better than hillbilly if used well, I don't see why he needs a nerf.
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

No. /thread.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@yugidragon said:
    Let me put some points first, you have those 2 killers that really similar (Hillbilly and Leatherface) and I think Hillbilly is actually stronger since he can basically do the same as Leatherface (instadowns), but also has that insane mobility which gives him great pressure over the entire map.

With that being said I think Hillbilly should be nerfed, but not drastically of course.

I think maybe if his base speed was lowered to be something like the huntress' speed he would be fine and still a decent killer. He would still have his insta downs and super mobility to cross the map, but he'd be weaker at chases. With that you would have Leatherface which would be stronger at chases and Hillbilly with the bigger map pressure.

They are similar, but different.
    And one is stronger than the other.
    So, why not buff the weaker one?
    +
    Typical survivor main crap, just drag all killer down to Freddy level and later complain that you only see Nurse at rank 1.

• yugidragon
    yugidragon Member Posts: 18

@Eninya said:

@yugidragon said:

@Eninya said:

The forums have always been in denial about how ludicrously over-the-top Hillbilly is, so you're always going to get his defenders flooding in. From how insanely broken he is with BBQ & Chili to how unbalanced he is baseline, no one will acknowledge it and they just want all killers to be as broken as him for some reason.

I have to agree that Nurse may be the worst thing in the game, though I won't cover my eyes and just say "Hillbilly is fine". I mean, he's so above the others killers that either you buff the others, or you nerf him. The thing is, as you said, when you play him with BBQ and Ruin you have this obnoxious killer, and people can't see how strong that is.

• Bravo0413

I have to agree that Nurse may be the worst thing in the game, though I won't cover my eyes and just say "Hillbilly is fine". I mean, he's so above the others killers that either you buff the others, or you nerf him. The thing is, as you said, when you play him with BBQ and Ruin you have this obnoxious killer, and people can't see how strong that is.

Whenever I see such stupid crap like this I try to tell myself okay they must be new... there is only a few killers in this game that can handle SWF.. that is Nurse, Billy and Hag ... there needs to be killers that can keep up with what is the coordination that SWF has if ever killer is like trapper or wraith what is the fun? All killers should be on Billy's level of play... not nurse level even though shes the most rewarding after learning how to play her and she takes soo much time to learn and even after you learn shes hard to play and when you mess up the fatigue punishes you.. survivors need to rank up and deal with the red ranks for a season just to see why killers like Billy and Nurse are necessary in this game.. hes been the same for prettymuch 2 yrs you have people that main him and honestly if they do anything to make him joke most likely you'll see a lot of people leave.. 
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2018

I personally think Hillbilly's perfect and doesn't need to be updated simply because his power seems so well-balanced its results haven't really been changing throughout the updates.

Infact, he's getting better add-ons (or atleast planned)

I love going against a Hillbilly, seems like a fair challenge.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@RemoveSWF said:
    Remove insta-chainsawing around corners. It's goddamn stupid. Fix the hitboxes and nerf the add-ons.

Do that and its a dead killer. The only reason billy is viable is because he can go around corners in the beginning. remove that and he can be looped easily

• Eninya

@Master said:

@RemoveSWF said:
    Remove insta-chainsawing around corners. It's goddamn stupid. Fix the hitboxes and nerf the add-ons.

Do that and its a dead killer. The only reason billy is viable is because he can go around corners in the beginning. remove that and he can be looped easily

Really? lawl

Nurse doesn't have instant downs, crosses maps slower than him, has reduced movement speed, and reduced lunge. The fatigue on her blink makes it a lot easier for survivors to escape if she fails to hit with chain of 3+.

She can't even use BBQ & Chili even remotely as well as Hillbilly can, and she can defend hooks the same way, still to less effect than him.

Myers is viable. Hillbilly is broken. At the core, they're the same design: build up for a one-hit, only Hillbilly can spam his without addons, never lose movement speed or lunge, and bolt across maps with no penalty, even if he misses a survivor and hits a wall. Even Myers gets penalized more for whiffing swings than Hillbilly does his chainsaw. If all killers got brought up to Hillbilly's broken level it would be a dead game because no one would want to play survivor against garbage like that. It would completely defeat any purpose to map design (not that this game has a consistent spread of procedural on map generation).

Doctor is already one of the worst things this game forces upon new players just trying to learn this game, right next to the idiotic monthly rank reset.

I stand by that Ruin needs to be built into this game (or hex system removed/reworked), map RNG needs to be fixed, and Hillbilly nerfed. No killer with that much mobility should have spammable instant downs all game long.

• Bravo0413
    Eninya said:

@Master said:

@RemoveSWF said:

Really? lawl

Nurse doesn't have instant downs, crosses maps slower than him, has reduced movement speed, and reduced lunge. The fatigue on her blink makes it a lot easier for survivors to escape if she fails to hit with chain of 3+.

She can't even use BBQ & Chili even remotely as well as Hillbilly can, and she can defend hooks the same way, still to less effect than him.

Myers is viable. Hillbilly is broken. At the core, they're the same design: build up for a one-hit, only Hillbilly can spam his without addons, never lose movement speed or lunge, and bolt across maps with no penalty, even if he misses a survivor and hits a wall. Even Myers gets penalized more for whiffing swings than Hillbilly does his chainsaw. If all killers got brought up to Hillbilly's broken level it would be a dead game because no one would want to play survivor against garbage like that. It would completely defeat any purpose to map design (not that this game has a consistent spread of procedural on map generation).

Doctor is already one of the worst things this game forces upon new players just trying to learn this game, right next to the idiotic monthly rank reset.

I stand by that Ruin needs to be built into this game (or hex system removed/reworked), map RNG needs to be fixed, and Hillbilly nerfed. No killer with that much mobility should have spammable instant downs all game long.

You clearly do not know what you're talking about... everytime Billy uses his charge he has a cooldown whenever he uses his chainsaw... in that cooldown he cant do ANYTHING, picking up, kicking gen or pallet, attacking nothing... you remind me of a survivor who doesnt play Billy... which you should play him because hes actually very well balanced and has been for YEARS... for real the devs haven't done anything to him in a long long time because hes where a lot of killers should be at power wise... when he hits a wall hes stunned for a deserved amount of time since his power is so strong... he misses an attack with chainsaw its punishing and again deserved.. if he didnt have the travel with the one shot he would nothing... play him at RED ranks because anyone can go ahead and play at 18 or 19 and tell me how easy it is... or so you can educate yourself a little go in KYF with a friend and test out the cooldowns missed attacks and run him into a wall to see the cooldowns that he has.. dont jump on the forumns and whining that you got your A$$ smacked by someone who knows how to play Billy and deserves to be rewarded for it