The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

"DELIVERANCE"

1NF3RNO
1NF3RNO Member Posts: 9
edited November 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

I thought a lot about the Adam Francis "DELIVERANCE" perk for the past week. It's not a big issue but I believe it's something that should be discussed. I know all request/suggestions are not acknowledged, and (Without prejudice), are not taken into consideration. Yes...We all know a survivor, with the "DELIVERANCE" perk activated, has 100% chance of unhooking themselves. The thing is when your the last survivor remaining your automatically sacrificed by the entity...Not given the chance to survive. Also when your hooked the 2nd time the entity activates. I would like to be given the chance to unhook myself whenever the "DELIVERANCE" perk is activated. In other words if I'm hooked a second time the entity isn't activated because the "DELIVERANCE" perk is activated. Also if I'm the last survivor remaining, I'm not automatically sacrificed by the entity, but given the chance to unhook. Yes it's a slim chance of survival, but it's a chance. Those who play the role of a killer have quite the advantages. One of the advantages the killer has is camping. I believe camping shouldn't be allowed, but it's allowed. I would like everyone's thoughts And or ideas on this matter.

Comments

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875

I disagree. Not everything needs to be god tier. A perk that allows unhooking on the 2nd hook breaks the game. A perk that allows you to unhook yourself when you're the last survivor running deliverance and ds, breaks the game.

Deliverance is a risk/reward perk.

• 1NF3RNO
    edited November 2019

@EuphoricBliss35 Good point. I agree it's a risk/reward perk...In fact after unhooking yourself you can't heal for 60secs. Let me ask you a question...Wouldn't a killer camping be part of the "god tier" effect? The killer is basically untouchable when camping. To be hooked by a killer, and he/she stands there and watches the health go down. Its comical because camping a survivor isn't even a perk. When the players see this happening the rest of the players quit, only to get a bad review from the one playing the killer. People complain about the killer camping so why not give the killer something to complain about and that's giving a survivor a chance to unhook themselves when "DELIVERANCE" is activated? But thank you for your thoughts though. What you said made sense.

• EuphoricBliss35

Have you ever played killer?

If a killer is camping in ranks 10-20 - they're new and don't understand how to play (in fact, early on in dbd, camping is highly rewarded)

Sometimes, you have to force struggle on a survivor if you have a 3 gen strat, if you need to kill someone off. Take it as a compliment but also understand from their POV.

The game is INCREDIBLY survivor sided as is.

• 1NF3RNO
    edited November 2019

@EuphoricBliss35 That's true...Everyrhing you said is right on point. I've only been playing the game since March and I'm still learning the licks and tricks and the ends and outs of the game.

Tbh when I 1st started the game and a killer stood there while I died slowly I knew then it wasn't right and I just started the game. Even I know just standing there is bad. I'm sure they have trouble finding matches. Either they camp or body block.

I did make a suggestion to DBD's team and staff already, but like I said before not all request/suggestions are granted. Thanks again for your thoughts on the matter.

• EuphoricBliss35

Tbh, I used to want those exact changes to Deliverance, but it would become whole new level of god tier.

i know facing a camping killer sucks. After you play 15 try hard SWFs on comms in a row, whom bring keys/toolboxes/instaheals, who then berate you for “not being good” even though you don’t tunnel, camp, use add ons and just want a fun game....it gets exhausting. Who wants to be treated like a POS when the game can’t be played without a killer?

its a lot of misdirected energy on both sides. Unfortunately, there’s no end in sight until everyone gets tired and moves on to the next game

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

If im playing killer and the last person I hook isn't immediately sacrificed, I would know for sure that they have Deliverance. I've got nowhere else to be, so they're not going to get any benefit from pulling off the hook.

Same is true if the entity doesn't appear on the 2nd hook for that matter. The perk is only useful If the killer doesn't know you're able to use it.

• 1NF3RNO

@EuphoricBliss35 Exactly...Your on point. It is an endless game or somewhat strategical press. I realize there's more to the game than running around trying to repair generators. You can't do what you would do in a fire...Stop, Drop, and Roll. But this game you have to Sneak, Duck, and Hide. Some work as a team, but in some matches people fly solo. Are you a streamer? I like to follow you.

@yobuddd No one knows you have the DELIVERANCE perk until the person unhook themselves and everyone can see it when the aura is activated when hooked. I understand what your saying though. Thanks for you feedback