The ranking system needs change terribly

Currently the mmr system is very linear and capped with the ranks being 20-1.

With a capped system an issue appears where you have players that are better than other players, but are listed at the same rank due to the better player not being able to progress further.

In the way ranks work right now, being at red ranks still isn't indicative of a player's skill. Anybody who plays long enough will just eventually get to red ranks. Although harder than it was before, it is still quite easy to get to red ranks.

If there was an uncapped system with say an unlimited amount of mmr points a player can accrue, then eventually they would start to be separated. Then the better players would start to play against the better players, and slowly siphen out the lesser players as the ranks get higher and higher.

An uncapped system would be a very welcomed addition torwards fixing the horrible ranking system we have now. While I don't think it would fix it entirely, it would almost certainly be better than our current 20-1 system.

Comments

• Pleebean
    Pleebean Member Posts: 22

As much as I like this idea, dbd is a asymmetrical game. It would be pretty unfair to lose mmr to someone using an ebony Mori as spirit with prayer beads, wouldn't you say? And the same goes in reverse. What if someone was memeing with a no blink nurse build? You would gain mmr for an easy win. The current system gives a rough estimate of skill which I think is fine considering there are alot of factors out of your control alot of the time in matches which dictate a loss or a victory.

• SsilverD
    SsilverD Member Posts: 12

Personally I think Moris shouldn't even be in the game, atleast with how they are currently. If a killer were to Mori even one survivor off of their first hook, the match is pretty much already heavily in favor of the killer winning. Let alone having an ebony mori. Same thing with prayer beads which are also just unbalanced.

And for people screwing around perhaps there should be an actual separation for casual and competitive matches. Regardless you will get people not playing seriously or just trolling outright in pretty much any game online, competitive or not. Though they aren't very common in the first place; so I don't see it being an issue as they will soon drop mmr anyways.

I will have days when playing killer and out of like 5 games there will be only one survivor out of the 20 that looked like they knew what they doing and actually gave me trouble. Yet they were all the same rank. In any other game that just wouldn't make sense. There is a huge amount of variance in skill at red ranks. Which just isn't how a ranking system should work.

• GoatyTCO
    GoatyTCO Member Posts: 64

I think that having a mode for Devotion 0 Level 50> players, a mode for all ranks above level 20, (I say level 20 because new players may try to jump into the open ranks mode straight away, just to be put off of the game), and also a competitive mode (level 50<).

I believe that this could work, possibly with the competitive mode using a ranking system similar to Overwatch.

Also, a proper tutorial would be nice, since I know many people who get into games often quit because they are getting wrecked straight away, and do not get enjoyment out of it. Dead by Daylight is really a game that you have to be willing to spend the time learning to actually find proper enjoyment, (ofcourse that depends on what the player likes, I personally started enjoying the game the most when I learnt to juke and mess around with the killer).

• GoatyTCO
    GoatyTCO Member Posts: 64

Another two things: camping in competitive should be a bannable offense, and some of the killers, E.G. Spirit & Ghostface, shouldn't have to rely as much on some add-ons.