Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

So Spirit is getting nerfed

13»

Comments

• ScottJund
    ScottJund Member Posts: 1,115

And how do you predict somebody who you've had exactly 0 seconds of interactions with at the start of a game?

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

The same way she predicts a survivor that she has never faced before. Feel it out, get a sense for how they play.

• ScottJund

...you know The Spirit can hear the survivors pain sounds, their breathing sounds, their footsteps, see their scratch marks, see the grass they move, literally collide with them, etc. right? There's no prediction for the Spirit at that point.

Also what does "Feel it out" mean? If I start phase walking and hit you in 5 seconds, what the hell did you feel out? "Oh she went invisible and hit me, I will now base my predictions on this."

Like come on man.

• woundcowboy

It goes both ways. She can’t possibly know if you are going to window vault, when you are going to throw down pallets or how you mix up your scratch marks/walking. If you are in the open then yes you will probably be hit, but that is true for every killer.

• ScottJund

Vaulting makes sound. She can gauge distance between you and a nearby pallet and determine if she has enough time to beat you to the pallet. If she doesn't, she simply ends her power early, significantly shortening the cool down. Then the survivor throws the pallet down, at which point the Spirit just breaks it and then uses her power again in 5 seconds to catch the survivor in the open.

• woundcowboy

Okay so then she ends her phase early and is then a 110 killer until the power comes back, which varies with addons. You can then create distance and go to another loop. In this scenario, Spirit’s chase time is already approaching that of a standard m1 killer.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMHO any discussions about Spirit at this point is moot. The devs already stated that she is "over performing" according to their metrics and that she is going to be changed. It doesn't matter if we can prove she is or is not unbalanced, she is getting changed regardless. In fact, I will bet that even if no one ever said anything she would get changed because the devs would still see the stats suggest she needs to be changed. The only difference is the speed at which they push out said changes, which they will probably prioritize higher since so many people complain about her.

I haven't been able to confirm but a friend of mine said they mentioned "serious changes" coming to her on Twitter or something. Not sure how true this wording is, but if true I'm disappointed it has come to this.

The devs need to be more transparent about this. How much is she over performing? Can we see this data too? What potential issues have been identified and what are the goals of said changes? This is the stuff I'd like to know, I'm kind of getting sick of this deal where they completely change a character without telling us anything until the work is done and there is basically no going back and we have no say in the matter. I get the devs generally know better than us when it comes to the health of the game, but you seriously have to be more open about these issues, especially ones as sensitive as Spirit. It makes me want to just give up on the game and move on.

Throw us a bone please devs.

• ScottJund

You're not getting the example. She ends her phase early right at the pallet. The survivor is at the other side of the pallet. The Survivor either drops the pallet or gets hit. Either way, after breaking the pallet you probably have another 3-4 seconds before your power is back because you stopped it way earlier than the full power. Its pretty unlikely the Survivor is going to beat you to yet another pallet in that short time, and if they do, its the same exact scenario repeated, except you're blowing through all the pallets in the map in seconds, completely ruining your team's chances.

• woundcowboy

I understood. If she has to break the pallet then that’s a ton of distance, especially against a 110 killer. At that point, depending on the map, you could even break LOS and mix her up with your scratchmarks. Or you could just go to another loop spot. Either way, you can effectively waste her time. She does get rid of pallets faster than other killers but a good team will still get the gens done.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Scott prefers killer and is a well known "huntress legend"... I dont agree with his views for spirit but hes far from being survivor main.

• ScottJund

You don't get a "ton of distance" as by the time the pallet is broken she's almost back in her power, which is nearly twice as fast as a Survivor running (who is now leaving scratches).

Pallets take 2.7 seconds to break, which is 10.8 meters of gained distance for the Survivor. The Spirit moves over 7 meters a second in her power. She's catching up in literally 3-4 seconds, and that's without addons.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

do you really wanna see the data? last time they showed stats to us everyone cried it was false because it didn't agree with their personal mindset on balance

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316

I may have heard of his channel if he's a "Huntress Legend" a long while ago... still doesn't make him right though.

• krowzar
    krowzar Member Posts: 66

The devs need to listen to people like you, not whiny baby survivors/killers and thinking a killer is op just because they do well, listen, spirit is the only viable killer since she has chase potential with no limit besides cooldown unlike hillbiully, im quitting if they nerf her.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Calling it as I see it mate. People like you and me plus many others share the same viewpoint on matters like this. It’s unfortunate that the devs make some questionable decisions on how to “balance” something. For example, (makes me cringe to even bring this up) when MoM got released. You know even before that got released, when it was leaked. Many people from the community told them it wasn’t a good idea and that it would be stupid broken. What happened? They released it anyway...

people have scratched and clawed to get the DS changes that took way longer than it needed to be.

but after that DS change. They originally had it to 3 seconds and they thought it was fair which it was. Then they changed it to 5 seconds due to enduring being a slight counter (Fair change)

then after, they just removed enduring no longer countering it and leaving it to 5 seconds.

the reason being for all those changes is simply the fact that survivors weren’t happy..

See the trend/pattern here..again my two cents.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited November 2019
  • arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Tone down the insults and the condescending attitude if you actually want to be taken seriously dude.