The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Nurse is being ignored

I believe the Nurse nerf was exaggerated.

The (new) Nurse is uncomfortable and unfun (to everyone in the match), thats a fact. She is, of course, still strong (less than post-nerf Spirit IMO) but I don't think ANYONE in the match, killer or survivor, has fun playing with her. She was hard to control if you were new, and now is incredibly harder and incredibly weaker, why?

I mained her some months ago, I had my fun and I was really good with her til I started maining Huntress. Came back to her and I just can't believe how unfun she is, like really. I prefer to play Legion against a coordinated SWF than Nurse.

She is still the lowest killer in the game, but you're now forced to walk 90% more than before, why don't give her 110% movement speed?

I can't even start to imagine what would it be playing Nurse on maps like Hawkins, I doubt you have a chance against average survivors.

And now shes just been left to die... Devs havent said a word after her nerf. Are you still monitoring her to see how she performs? I think it might be too early yet, but still, a word from the devs would be very welcome.

Comments

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    edited November 2019

the sheer lack of experiance is so obvious it hurts

• Callmehandsome
    Callmehandsome Member Posts: 529

Exactly. She has now LESS map mobility than normal m1 killer without addons. All you need to do now is run before she gets close enough, juke, run again. And you end up wasting TONS of her time. Funny thing is that if you have no idea how to juke the nurse, simple counter is just to run forward and it will take +30 seconds before she actually downs you lmao

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,190

Everyone agreed those add-ons need to go. So what are you talking about?

And you sound like you don't play nurse at all, and only experience her when playing survivors

Of course from survivor perspective, she is still the same, but we're talking about killer perspective here. You should not apply survivor perspective to killer perspective

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

lol! How often have you really gone against a 5 blink nurse? The only time I ever played 5 blink nurse was for the memes when I heard her add ons were getting nerfed.

If you really still think nurse is fine and fun to play you clearly did not play nurse very often at all.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549
    edited November 2019

I’ve been having more fun playing blinkless, perkless, soundless, add on less nurse than I’ve been having fun playing her normally. Seriously, that’s what I’ve been playing for the last hour and a half and I’ve smiled every game. Can’t claim to have had that experience playing her normally. Still get hooks sometimes too.

Of course I took my P3 outfit off before doing this...

• LordRegal

I can still 4k with her. I have negative amounts of fun doing so now. That’s my gripe.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438

I'm average at times using nurse, but I don't mind a challenge. I don't have stream, I have an Xbox.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

There's a difference tho, Nurse is still way more powerful than Legion because she can still bypass the survivor's defenses.

Legion can too, but you can't down survivors with FF because it would be too cheesy! He needs some QoL changes to his button add-ons. 😁

• Zoldyar
    edited November 2019

I was because she was the only killer I was consistent at in winning games (other then hag).

Post edited by Zoldyar on
  • Zoldyar

I have went against 6 people (I think it is more but I don't keep track) that uses 5 blink Nurse in total within my year (or months) of playing dbd.

I really don't get the big deal because must suriviors would try juking the killer then trying to escape. This is because all defences I'm capable of ignoring so all suriviors would bait me to blink me into the wrong position. Why I'm saying this is because this is a common thing I do and see suriviors do to try and waste time. The walking thing isn't a big deal because you can still recover your blink at a fast enough rate to hit a surivior.

I don't know how the type of games you guys played but for me everything seems fine. There was one game while using the nurse in which the surivior had one gen, then in like a minute I knock down three of the suriviors because I didn't miss one blink attack. The other guy escape through hatch. Granted when first using her I got destroyed (almost) at that game, until I realise that I shouldn't constantly be using my blink attack one at a time.

• Zoldyar

I'm simply talking about nerf for nurse and why it is necessary. So what do you think I'm taking about?

How do I "sound like" I never experience playing with her?

I'm applying both perspective which is why I brought up YouTubers and does who stream. I can't simply say I'm good at nurse without evidence which is why I mention gameplay footage of people using the new nurse.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,187

Hopefully we hear something this coming week. My guess is they're still gathering data, though I worry about sample size given that many are saying they don't see her anymore. But it's also worrisome that there weren't any questions asked about it in the survey. The whole process has been underhanded.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

I still main Nurse, she's fine the way she is now. She still has counterplay, and doesn't have those old addons that break her.

She's a bit more skillful now, if you relied on Omega blink every game, then you're gonna have issues with the new nurse. This is a fine adjustment, but the base power shouldn't of been touched. It's just addons that needed adjustment. She's perfectly fine. She's still the best killer without a doubt. This nerf was not even a nerf.

• Some of her addons are lazy bad, they are not even interesting.

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

To me, it wasn't a nerf. I'm saying it wasn't. If you read it again, then you wouldn't have to say that.

I have no issues with her, still. She's still my main killer. But still, anyone claiming *this 100% killed her* isn't right. Because she can still do the same. So what?

• Soultiller
    Soultiller Member Posts: 40

They added a cool down to the mobility of the slowest killer in the game that's a nerf, I 1000% agreeded the addons needed to be changed.

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607

They killed her

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Yep they ######### up the nurse. Try to play her now in red or violet ranks, it's horrible... even by try-harding you will mostly get 1 kill max. She's worse than legion and pig right now.

• Irisora

Hey Nmcke again with that? Saying that "she can bypass survivor defenses" is a very vague argument to say that she is better than most m1 killers. Shes VERY EASY to avoid (and yes i have to put in in caps because you don't understand or you are just denying the real thing here)

ALL you have to do as a survivor is run, even in a straigh line you avoid her, and you know why? because she always have to wait for 2 blink+fatigue+charge time to try a hit and btw 2 VERY short blinks with no addons.

You are just denying the real thing dude, I can get 2 or 3 kills with my p3 legion and my p3 pig and i play in RED ranks. I can show you pics if you want... My nurse is p3 too and i played her hundreds of hours and mastered her before this nerfs. So it not a matter of skill, she's really under the level she should be.

• SirBassington
    SirBassington Member Posts: 8

Red rank Nurse main here to insert my input. And before I start, remember we are talking about a killer who is rated as Hard for a reason so points can be valid from any perspective within reason. TL;DR in very last paragraph for the lazy killer.

I play Nurse heavily with no addons ever (before and after the changes), sometimes I run pure vanilla (no perks also) because I can and why not. I have been playing her since about 3 months after she came out (18 August 2016) as at the time I was a wraith main looking to switch for a challenge; ah the days of when there was 5 survivors and 4 killers, feels like yesterday that was a thing lol. I wasn't always good with Nurse, I started with the old addons of the metal spoon and wooden horse and stopped using them when I felt comfortable with her base power.

I taught myself that the Nurse should be played with patience, she should not be played on impulses or erratic behavior. I strictly kept my blinks to a formal pattern of waiting before blinking again as it doesn't make sense to keep going into a fatigue state and continuously wonder if I am trailing the survivors right as scratch marks can be dastardly on some maps.

As someone who plays 50/50 of both sides, it was really nice not having matches that were less than 7 minutes because queues can take a while, hence why I throttled my blinks to a minimal until I needed them. This Nurse change of a timer adds a feature/restriction that I have always used on my own and that managed to get me to where I play now in the1-6 rank range until rank reset annoys me again or I just stay lazy in ranks I clearly don't belong in haha.

Her addon change was done beautifully, before they changed I never actively used them because they changed Nurse's blink power too much which affected muscle memory when you want to learn and remember how to play her with or without said addon. Now the addons are much more natural that they don't overly contort her power while keeping them within a reasonable range of stability.

Overall the changes to Nurse from me are greatly welcomed as I have nothing but favorable opinions towards. No more excessive blink nurses with no cooldown besides fatigue, no more "I can't get out of her reach/sight" scenarios all the time. The Nurse didn't really change, all that really changed was the addition of a short timer (which starts during fatigue) and improved/reworked addons. She didn't change, she still plays the same, you just can't spam blinks all over the map now and I love that from both perspectives.

And sure while people can argue she still is overpowered in a way, lets remember she is the slowest killer by max base speed (with and without addons), cannot instadown survivors with her ability, ensnare them in contraptions to draw out the time of a match, stalk to an gain upper advantages, mind game by standing still, make them sick so even Iron Will is useless, etc etc. The Nurse only gets the ability to phase from point A to point B regardless of solid objects except those blasted outer walls or outskirts of exit gates. And yeah, you can get stuck on objects and even go to the wrong elevation on some maps and areas depending on how the blink goes through sometimes but that's okay, it's bound to happen eventually. Nurse is a killer where survivors can always watch as you make a move and adjust accordingly and further trick you into perceiving the wrong direction they plan to move. When played wisely, or dumb luck occurs, the Nurse is a lethal killer.

TL;DR If the Nurse is 'harder' now, then either: (A) you have been abusing her previous old mechanics (which just have a cooldown timer now). (B) you have been working off of impulses for pursuits, all because waiting is too much to handle. or (C) you cannot fathom why she is preferred when other killers have various clear advantages in other areas.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I already dropped nurse, it's just a matter of time as you said and noone plays her anymore.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711

"This nerf was not a nerf"

Legit you qualified yourself to be ignored in future nurse discussions lol.

• LordRegal

It baffles me how every single person who comments saying she’s fine ignores those of us saying “we know she performs well, we can still perform well with her, but SHE IS NOT FUN TO PLAY ANYMORE.” Caps so the important part that gets ignored is stressed

• Uxoricide
    Uxoricide Member Posts: 219

@beatddb @OmegaXII they're having an AMA tomorrow "Join us tomorrow at 11AM ET for an AMA in /r/pcgaming"

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

That is very insightful. It's highly interesting to see the statistics

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

How can "the best killer" be deal with by holding W?

• Zoldyar

A nurse can indeed catch up with a surivior running in a straight line. All you have to do is wait for your blinks to be fully capable of using then just blink to them.

As for a surivior dodging, if you are a good nurse and put yourself in a certain position. There is no way of a surivior dodging your attack unless they have dead hard. Nurse is like playing check, the surivior is the king and you are trying to line yourself in the position where the king will die in any stand point he is in.

However, I do agree nurse isn't the most enjoy able killers(far from it), but to say this nerf is really bad for her. Is a major exaggeration considering nurse kept her power of always winning games. Problem is she is quite boring but if she gets buff we know that suriviors would complain and she will just get nerf again. So you must think to yourself, what do you expect from the nurse if she was to get a buff?

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

The thing is, if you wait to have your 2 blinks before blinking to a survivor they will have already be far from 32 m (blinks max distance).

If you don't wait and just use your first and longest blink to teleport, its not enough. Between fatigue and blink CD they can get away pretty easily.

• Zoldyar

That is true, but if you don't mind me asking, what do you want from the old nurse that the new one doesn't have?

It is true if you don't wait you will never catch up(even if you did, 40 seconds of the chase would already be fine just for you to put the surivior in its injured state). I don't find it much of a big deal because it does result in patience. However, it is frustrating because you will be in that situation when you know you would have hit the surivior had the nerf not occurred. I been trying our the new nurse more to see what I felt with the new nurse compare to the old nurse in which made me want to dc at some points of the game. To say she is weak(is false),but unfun is definitely a thing with her.

The question is, how do people expect to fix the problem without the surivior mains fighting back?

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

Its difficult to touch the nurse without making a mess, but aside from the nerf, I hated the way devs delivered it. They did it like it was an add on change (everyone was fine with that) and then went like "oh, we almost forgot, and a slighty slight basekit change". Those changes got tons of feedback after the PTB and devs didnt say a thing, and they still havent. Like I said in a comment before, a "we're still monitoring her to see how she perfoms" wouldve been better than nice.

• Irisora

Nope you can't catch them unless they are dumb. The thing is that good survivors will never be at hit range when you blink, if they have brain, the nurse need's to be able to blink again like before (without waiting for blink charges) to do something. Waiting for fatigue plus charges everytime is a huge time consumer, big enough to give them a great distance between you.

Right now you can only hit them if they make mistakes... and thats not how it should be. If you play the nurse now, you will see that survivors dominate her in every way. Just play in red or violet ranks.

If there is one thing i would want the devs to change for her, is removing the waiting time for blink charges, that was a huge and unnecesary nerf.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Okay hold on I'll go 1 by 1.

"She wasn't that hard to control when using 5 blinks add on, even if you were new at this game."

Which the basekit nerf on its own changed nothing about and was removed by popular demand since everyone agreed it was OP.

"How is she unfun and uncomfortable to play as when she still function the same? All you have to do now is be more patient with your blinks if you are always replying on using multiple blinks."

If you are always relying on single blinks you are playing her wrong or against some pretty bad survivors. You need your double blink if you are going to catch a survivor, having to wait an extra 3.5 seconds after ur 2.5 second fatigue stun gives survivors too much room to escape her. Even if you ARE more patient with your blinks, you are slower than survivors. You CANNOT afford to spend any more time than you did before the nerf walking around at 97%.

"Why should the nurse be able to move that fast when she is capable of ignoring all defences against suriviors? This isn't a complaint, it is just you wanting her to be like how you want her to play as."

I'd rather keep her at 97% but revert her base kit nerf. If you can't juke Nurse without omegablink, 3/4/5 blink, and reappearing during her blink sooner, then that's entirely on you as a player not being good enough, not on Nurse being overpowered. Right now people want her movement speed to be at least 100% or higher because her power is too weak to be a necessity, but IS a necessity. Stop acting like "ignoring all defenses for survivors" didn't come with a price.

"Moreover, why would the devs monitor her still? There's plenty of gameplay out there to show the new nurse is srill capable of easily getting 3k all games if you know how to use her."

From SOME streamers. If you were in red rank you'd see that she literally disappeared and was replaced with Spirit. She is pretty much not a killer above purple rank anymore.

I play 50/50, played against a Nurse yesterday before I went to work. Oh god the poor thing. She was getting bullied like mad. I could tell she was a good Nurse too. She was P3, had BBQ, Nurses, I'm all Ears, and MYC. Every single time she pulled a godlike play and mindgamed a survivor, she was either flashlighted or a gen popped. There are too many constraints against Nurse right now aimed at making bad survivors more viable against good Nurses, and this made good survivors untouchable against good Nurses. It's sad.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

Okay yeah I sorely doubt somebody that intentionally hampered themselves the way this basekit nerf did made it to red ranks without addons. You wanna know how I know? Because the counterplay to her is to hold shift and W and boom, 2 maybe 3 gens get done before she catches you.

• Zoldyar
    edited November 2019

First off, the point was to explain the nerf on nurse, so I don't get the point of your first paragraph.

So you done your calculation, so why don't you calculate how long the chase would be if you land all your hits as Nurse. Also, you are saying it as if the nurse blinks can't catch up with the nurse which is untrue.

For what you said about the suriviors being unable to dodge the nurse doesn't make much sense to me. This is because if you are a good nurse you can put yourself in a position in which there is nothing the surivior can do to dodge. Also, that argument can be used as a way for suriviors to call the nurse a bad for missing there attack.

Nurse's power is too weak? Are we speaking about the nurse that can go through walls and ignore all defences that a surivior has? Capable of not only applying fast chase time, but also capable of applying map pressure?

The reason why people use Spirit is because she is a free, easy win without any challenge. Don't believe me you can just watch Scott jund who made a 2 hours video of him winning constantly as a spirit. He doesn't call himself a skilful nor main spirit which says alot.

The nurse I play as sometimes with what I seen of good nurse players are disgusting. To say she is unfun I can understand(but she wasn't really that fun in the first place without add on), but to say she can get bullied and is weak. Now you are just over exaggerating or haven't seen the nurse players I been against.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Pretty sure Nurse isn't being ignored, they got her to where they want her to be. Good Nurse players are still really dominant.