NURSE!!!!! DEVS!

2»

Comments

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

Lol I would argue with you but "constantly only get one blink" proves you are bad, not the killer.

• Uxoricide
    Uxoricide Member Posts: 219

@DevourOfSalt They're having an AMA tomorrow! Join us tomorrow at 11AM ET for an AMA in /r/pcgaming good time to ask!

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited November 2019

Nah i don't think she would be top tier again unless the devs reverse something. I tried her horrible addons (yes they are worse than before) and the most profitable way to play her now is give away your blink power for a 4.6 speed and be a normal m1 killer after the first blink.

Only in that way you can get 1/2 kills depending on survivors skills in red ranks. And obviously that sound awful right? Be so addon dependant, and no matter what build you try she's unfun in every aspect. Shes even more stressful than before, too much punishment for so little reward..

Why be stunned with fatigue, have to wait for tp charges when you can just give them the first hit much faster with a m1 killer like legion, pig or trapper and even get more kills? Shes a mess that no one will play, i don't play her anymore, they killed her.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

People need to understand that the devs basically put a cap on how much damage a Nurse can do (without add-ons).

Before the nerf, a Nurse always had blinks at the ready, which meant she could respond quickly to opportunities.

But with the two second cool down added, the Nurse is now more liable to miss important chain blink opportunities.

It may not seem like much, but against good survivors that missed opportunity can make all the difference.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

True words. People just hate her because you can't tbag her behind a pallet and they don't see the reality.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

New nurse has more useless addons, no map pressure and counter to her "guessing" when she doesn't see you is to hold W and point at the opposite direction. Rince and repeat.

Haven't seen any nurse get more then 1 kill yet(out of 2 I have seen).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I played a bunch of Nurse yesterday on my alternate account (Xbox). Went from rank 14 or 15 to rank 10. No add-ons most games, I tried Spoon and Tooth, and Dark Cincture a few times. I think she's fine honestly. It took a bit of getting used to waiting for the second blink, but if you are consistent with blinks you will catch survivors pretty quickly still. I had one game where I didn't miss a single blink and it felt great (and even though they weren't red rank survivors they were still pretty good in a chase, doing lots of jukes and such but I still got them). Then had one game where I bodied 2 of them, and there were 2 Jakes left then I just could not land a blink to save my life. To their credit, the Jakes were out playing me a lot, but that didn't upset me. What upset me was that some blinks just failed (Wrecker's Yard) specifically around the trash/junk jungle gyms. That was frustrating but I imagine that's a bug and not what's supposed to happen.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Again, you miss the point. She can still perform. I can 4k with her. I have less fun playing her than playing any other killer except Leatherface right now, and that’s only because I really don’t enjoy Leatherface. Regardless of how well she performs, if she isn’t fun to play there’s no point in playing her.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Fun is subjective. I don't find her any less fun now than before. Maybe I even find her a tad more fun because I can actually use her add-ons.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

@Peanits @not_Queen This thread is for you guys.

• DevourOfSalt
    DevourOfSalt Member Posts: 254

Thank you for sharing you pretty much some up everything. I and many other have frustrations with.

It not that nurse isn't strong, its how unfun she is in this state like you said we play games for fun, when u start making game unfun people will try different things if they continue to make killers unfun it wont be long before theres discussions asking (why does it take 2hrs + to find a killer or something like that)

Eventually people who enjoy playing killer will slowly stop if thing like this continue.

• PickCollins
    PickCollins Member Posts: 495

They aren't gonna check this thread. Based on their actions during the PTB for this change (being pages and pages of negative feedback about this), I highly doubt they're gonna chime in on this one.

Best thing anyone can try is to keep flooding the post with Nurse threads until the devs decide to concede. Which...This is a start.

• PickCollins

Honestly I have one word that sums up my opinion on this Nurse rework: Insulted.

I feel insulted that BHVR thinks this is the best work they can give us for the Nurse when they designed the Freddy rework and the Badham rework.

I feel insulted that BHVR thinks an addon that completely removes your power for using it well is a good or well designed addon to give to a killer that is supposed to be all about her power.

I feel insulted at how lazy some of her addons look and feel.

I feel insulted that BHVR promised only slight tweaks to her basekit if any at all and then proceeded to drop an anvil on her head.

This rework just feels like one walking insult.

• DevourOfSalt

I cant even begin to understand why developers have gone silent are they hoping everyone will slowly forget the nurse if they say nothing ? Because if that the case its not going to happen.

There silence isn't helping anything and with new killer around the corner people will remember this and refuse to buy it (i hope)

You cant treat players like this and hope they continue to support you) at the end of the day there going to hurt them selfs later down the line.

• xllxENIGMAxllx

What the no items have to do with no add-ons. Why made add-ons if no one is using them in the first place. When survivors use items here by exemple toolboxes, All we get is gen rush right.

Killer having too much power with base kit make the add-ons too strong which was the case with old nurse with omega blink / thousand blinks. This make the huge difference if you can't accept that then they should revert old nurse both add-ons and basekit.

4s cooldown is nothing many can't accept i get it me neither i didn't want it but he could have been worse. Imagine a 20s cooldown with a slightly increase m/s from 96% to 100 is that all of you want.

Legion was bad and is even worse now. Nurse was the strongest killer and is still on top 3 for sure most of you only try her for a few minutes. I admit that my skill is not godly which is why strong teams destroy me however i do admit that she lose a lot of map pressure on maps like rotten fields , crotus prenn , red forest etc... but that's it she still have two blinks , have the same charge , same range but only 4s cooldown.

Conclusion : She is still strong but like everyone i wish her basekit was untouched. Her add-ons are interresting but could use some tweaks.

• PickCollins

Nobody liked using Nurse's addons before the rework not because she was fine without them. We didn't like using addons because they toyed with our muscle memory. She WAS fine without them, but that isn't an issue. A killer should not need to run addons in order to be viable against a group of survivors who bring no items or addons into the game. Killers who play optimally should be able to match survivors who play optimally without items or addons for their item/power. Nurse being able to match no-item SWF groups without addons was not a problem. What was a problem was that a lot of her addons did not have drawbacks and gave her too many second chances.

"Killer having too much power with base kit make the add-ons too strong which was the case with old nurse with omega blink / thousand blinks. This make the huge difference if you can't accept that then they should revert old nurse both add-ons and basekit."

Omegablink was a problem because range addons did not have any actual drawbacks and blink charge was based on % instead of numbers. Now, with the new range addons, blink range is based on numbers instead of % to a fully charged blink. So now you CAN have 30M blink ranges if you so desire, but you now have to charge it longer to get there. That seems fair to me. 5 blink no longer exists. The worst it can get is 3 blinks, which has a giant drawback that is honestly not worth the extra blink.

"4s cooldown is nothing many can't accept i get it me neither i didn't want it but he could have been worse. Imagine a 20s cooldown with a slightly increase m/s from 96% to 100 is that all of you want."

So it's not a bad change bc it could have been worse? What kind of logic is that? Legion could have been left a 110 M/S killer and the deep wound timer could have been increased by 60 seconds so the rework wasn't that bad, it could have been worse! Just bc the devs had SOME restraint with the changes doesn't mean the changes aren't awful.

"Legion was bad and is even worse now. Nurse was the strongest killer and is still on top 3 for sure most of you only try her for a few minutes. I admit that my skill is not godly which is why strong teams destroy me however i do admit that she lose a lot of map pressure on maps like rotten fields , crotus prenn , red forest etc... but that's it she still have two blinks , have the same charge , same range but only 4s cooldown."

Okay first of all, "if you only try her for a few minutes" is more insulting than this rework. I am a rank 4 Nurse main. I know how to play her and I know where she stands right now. She's nowhere near top 3. I'd put her in top 6 to be generous.

"She is still strong but like everyone i wish her basekit was untouched. Her add-ons are interresting but could use some tweaks."

Some of her addons (Looking at you Spasmodic) need full blown reworks bc they are just that bad.

• PickCollins

I just asked on their AMA if they have any plans to change her. I have gotten no response. I doubt they will change her anytime soon but if there are no plans to change her, then I'm packing it up and going back to League. I love playing killer, but if I can't be viable with Nurse then I don't wanna play the game.

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

In her current state, she'll never be a top tier killer. For one reason, she is majorly UNFUN to play. No one wants to play her anymore. And that says volumes, as to whether or not the nerf should be left as is.

If their plan was to move yet another Killer into the daily only group, then mission accomplished.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696
    edited November 2019

I no longer use Nurse...I even re-roll her daily if I get it.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,247

I'd just like to note that I have yet to even see a Nurse in a survivor game since the rework. I've encountered more Clowns and Hags.

• DevourOfSalt

Hello devs do ever plan on commenting on anything related to the nurse or just going to hide and ignore us ? @Peanits @not_Queen ? Is this how treat your consumers ignore there questions and only answer ones that suit you's.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    edited November 2019

Man i play her every single day my devotion 12 and red ranks each season both side. I'm sorry but you're wrong nurse is top 3 maybe even top 1. Spasmodic is a good add-ons by itself but some by tweaks so you can move at 4,8m/s. Bad man's last breath should last more 16s, BP add-ons those should be rework i agree on that.

You just can't accept that basekit is harder now. Like i said and i will repeat again and again and again, Yes she lose a bit of pressure we all agree on that. We all wish that basekit wasn't changed once again we all agree on that but, telling she's bad to the point to put her top 5 that's mostly due to his user. I play her against SwF every single damn day strong team beat me not because she's weak but because my skill isn't that high we her i admit that.

I always play her basekit and without ruin btw. Blinks should be used with intelligence not like old nurse were you blink 1000x to get a hit that's it. that's the problem.

PS: dedicated servers might also cause some issues.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Look, it’s not “fun for survivors” so screw your fun!

We balance around FuN here. So if survivors say “no go away” no go away it shall be!

• JakeLovesHuntress
    JakeLovesHuntress Member Posts: 14

I used to play a lot of nurse on the ps4, and she was fun for me. Now with this rework I just get frustrated, having to wait to blink again.

• NortonGotSkillzzz
    NortonGotSkillzzz Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2019

I agree nurse is unplayable on console, the game is already heavily on the survivors side. Nerfing killers is just going to lead to their game dying lol. As a new player that’s been on this game for about 3 weeks on console I can say it’s pretty bad and I definitely told my friends not to waste their money lol

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184
    edited December 2019

So many red icons.

Having a cool down just to move around the map is what makes the basekit change unfun for me. If a second cool down was needed then it should only be tied to blink attacks.

Muscle memory is not affected by the change. Dedicated servers on the other hand do have an effect on timing. You lose about a meter for every 100ms of delay to the server. Noticable more with short blinks. Fully charged blinks still move you the full 20 meters. I suggest not playing Nurse unless your connection is around 60ms or lower.