My opinion about this game

THIS IS THE MOST STRESSFUL AND THE WORST GAME I EVER PLAYED:

Every Time when i play as killer a smurf(High ranks on low ranks) and SWF players are with me. I GOD DAMN HATE IT. I can't even play a cool match knowing that Killer is less powerful than survivors. IT IS A BULLSHIT. This game need serious changes. They need to nerf SWF and some survivors perks. THIS IS THE WORST GAME I EVER PLAYED BY THIS BUGS. And please if someone know how to contact directly the Devs pls tell me so i can submit this AND THIS IS MY ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH THIS GAME. Always when i report someone they never do nothing about it

Comments

• Myers_Is_My_Dad
    Myers_Is_My_Dad Member Posts: 42

"knowing that Killer is less powerful than survivors"

What makes you say that? It takes a very skillful survivor to never be downed by a killer all game, or just a very new killer. It seems like maybe you haven't played enough of the game to get the whole picture. SWF is strong but that doesn't mean killers don't beat SWF, and then how do you think the survivors feel when they are beaten? "Well the killer must have used some unfair advantage, like camping or tunneling to kill one person faster." The balancing of this game is very nuanced, and perfect balance is tough to achieve.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

The thing that makes survivors too powerful are their perks that makes a lot of killers perks just trash. Another thing is that they are always communicating their selfs what makes more killer perks useless. One more thing that a lot of times they are Smurfs what turns this game a trash for me. Already uninstalled that for some more reasons

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974
    edited November 2019

This game has a very high initial learning curve. You'll have to find what you have the most trouble with in game and get the perks to compensate or try to learn from others.There is also a fair amount of randomness in the levels and every killer is different. There isn't one perfect way to play. I found that playing both sides a little can help a lot with the alternate perspective.

I'm not always great at escaping a chase but I have my moments so I prioritize stealth which can work wonderfully until you get a stealthy killer. If your on steam, even though I just swore I was taking a break for other reasons, I'd be happy to play a few with you and try to help. I don't yet have 500 hours in the game and some people have thousands so I know there are much more well informed people out there. There is a lot mindgaming and trickery involved.

I don't need stats to tell me I die more than escape but it makes escaping that much better.

Faking what way your going to run when you can be hidden from view for a moment helps buy you a lot of time. If you can get a little distance with that and use a perk that gives a small speed boost you may wind up far enough away they go elsewhere or they are determined and you keep trying. As a killer in a chase you will have to do that without looking right where you're going lest you tip them off.

I'd be happy to do a kill your friends and spend it just trying to evade you without having to worry about gens. I've heard rumor that changes are coming to the ranking system although specifics elude me.I've been batting around the idea of playing unranked kill your friends games more just for the assumed consistency. I think a big part of SWF is that they are each more likely to know who is going to go for the save.

As a killer I sometimes run 2 tracking perks to help keep the pressure on when I don't have better choices. Add to that something to help with cutting down chase time and slowing down gens and your setup pretty well. It is hard to offer much advice without knowing who you use and what perks.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    1. You can get off
    2. You might wanna get off after the warning you will get
  • PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

Take a break from the game if you're unhappy. You can try learning from content creators and other players. This game has a steep learning curve and until you get above that hump, you're going to struggle.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Yeah I am going to take a lil big break of one year or until the devs start see that swf and rank reset need their attention

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I don't blame you for taking a break. Back when I first started, I was in love with this game. Then a couple months later I was fed up with all the crap survivors had at their disposal (I didn't play much survivor myself back then, and this was when DS was still instant use). Took me a long while but I got drawn back in by watching my favorite streamers play. The game has its issues but it has charm too. I don't think it's too late to save this game but there's no incentive for players to stay.

• Stealthbomb95
    Stealthbomb95 Member Posts: 37

THIS IS AN ASYMMETRICAL HORROR GAME. so *clears throat* this is a asymmetrical horror game so don't expect it to be the same every time killers have an advantage over the killer in some situations while survivors have the upper hand in others. The game is fun and people love it if you don't like it fine, but don't have the audacity to come here and talk trash about this game because that shows how your parents raised you: to be ill-mannered. So if you want to talk trash leave this forum. this game is fine the way it is... just learn how to be IDK better.

• Stealthbomb95
    Stealthbomb95 Member Posts: 37

sorry i meant survivor in this part:

killers have an advantage over the killer <---- that word was supposed to be survivors

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

Regarding the matchmaking issue, it's a little difficult because good matchmaking depends on having a large playerbase. If there aren't a lot of players in your area, the choice becomes either wait an hour in queue, or be matched with people who are nowhere near the same rank as you. It's assumed that you would rather have an unevenly matched game than no game at all, which is why you'll often find yourself in that situation of being matched with players far above you in rank.

It sounds like your problem is more that there are one or two players in every game which are much higher ranked than you. Luckily, there are a couple of things you can do to have better games against such people. With a bit of experience, you can tell how good a survivor is just by the way they behave in chases, so if you start chasing a survivor and realise that they're too far above your skill level for you to catch them, don't. Break the chase, and go find some easier targets. You don't have to camp and tunnel to secure kills on them, but the players closer to your own rank are likely to be easier for you to catch (especially at low ranks, where Killer is most definitely the power role). And even the best players will struggle a bit if their teammates go down early.

Another issue you brought up was the report system. We have a list on the forums of reportable offenses and how to go about reporting people here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest . If you report someone correctly, it is entirely likely that they will be punished, but it's unlikely that you'll know about it because at that point it's between them and the mods. Point is, just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I understand that you're frustrated and are having a hard time with the game. That's perfectly okay. Take a break for as long as you need, and I hope you'll decide to come back and give it another shot someday :)