The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

When you see a streamer what do you do?

I always bring a Mori. It generally ends super fast because they want to get chased so I down them fast.

Comments

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Sometimes i bring a mori, sometimes not.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

They usually have TTV in the psn name like this

I never seen anyone as a survivor. I've seen a few as killer on PC, but mostly I see them on ps4. I just usually pick which ever killer has the appropriate Mori for the situation.

Maybe I should start as well. I guess it's because every time I give them the benefit of the doubt I just see them play toxic and would rather not deal with it.

I've always saved Moris for streamers, people who wont ready up in the lobby, and dailies.

• Liruliniel

Ok glad I'm not the only one who runs into this.

XD I should do that honestly. It seems like it would help tremendously.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

I sigh and try to play as normal.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,497

Yeah replays should be a thing so you can see your mistakes overwatch finally did it and some people have seen improvements.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

Me and a certain streamer always joke after game when I found him as killer, he didn’t have many viewers though.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

As survivor I just play normally.

As killer, I usually check their stream on my phone to see what kind of person they are before the match starts. if they're nice, I play normally, might even let them out. If they seem arrogant or rude, I mori them.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You should, it is always nice watching their perspective. :D

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,191
    edited November 2019

"I only remember the toxic ttvs and don't remember the normal games against people with ttv in their names, so I bring a Mori to make the experience miserable for all of them." Good stuff guys. Appreciate it. Just know that it's always super cringe. Also check out confirmation bias sometime.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Ok, so it's possible I have played against some. Still not changing anything. Just play the game normally

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I play the game and I expect to get humiliated, though most of the time I don't, I met a really nice streamer after I killed her with Trapper :)

Also I say expect to get humiliated because I don't trust them to be good sports whether they win or lose, also my attitude in life is expect the worst and hope for the best, that way if I screw up then who cares but if I win then my happiness is multiplied which is nice :)

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I just play normally, they usually ain't anything special unless it's Tur3, Monto, or Otz.

• Liruliniel

I played against Tru3 when I first switched from console to PC. I was nervous AF against him because I wasnt use to using Mouse and Keyboard. He was really good back then.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited November 2019

I just back out of the lobby usually, I don't want to me on someone's steam if I can help it.

Last thing I want is to end up accidnetally upsetting the streamer somehow and they end up sending all their followers to harass me or something, no thank you. the DBD community is bad enough without a herd mentality.

I would play with chill ones like Otz though probably....

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

Nothing I just play

i pay no mind to thoe who put TTV in their name.

• JetTheWaffleCat
    JetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 284

I don't really mind when streamers are in my lobby. They're players just like us.

I just play the game like I normally do and maybe meme around a little bit as well.

Sometimes I'll burn party streamers because y'know, haha streamers ha ha puns.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I generally see if I can make them tilt, streamers rarely play alone, at least on Xbox.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Me:

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

The very first PTB game I played of the big Legion update was against Morf. Got a 4k; was really fun. :)

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

How are you a community manager if you kill the people in the community?

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185

I play normally, if I find their channel I'll go give them a GG even if I get destroyed, maybe follow them if they seem like cool

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445

Dodge. They are usually salty and toxic.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I just play normally. No need to go all out because they are streamers.

Besides, let's assume you do bring a mori just in case. Imagine how embarrassing it will be to bring a mori and still get destroyed by the twitch streamers.

Yeah no, just play how you normally would.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I drop by their stream afterwards and say gg. Otherwise I play normal.

• toxic_clown
    toxic_clown Member Posts: 318

lastnight i made a twitchie named llamamamatomoe.ttv rage quit.

i just get stabby and make them rage.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968
    edited November 2019

I usually don't like small twitch streamers they mostly at like dicks, especially the ones on console. But If I run into one and there live I play hag.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited November 2019

If I got a streamer in my lobby I would show them that I'm actually pretty good without putting on much of a sweat.

I would equip a bunch of niche surprise perks and just try to be that something distinctively different for the streamer.

I would always toy around with them and play dumb.

Something I always like to do when I know a Survivor is crouching still. I walk towards them as if I'm suspicious then turn back walk away a little then very slowly turn to face the hiding Survivor then go crazy at them.

Sometimes I would pretend to be afk as Trapper then while the Survivors are doing gens I place a ton of traps by myself for when Survivors come to investigate and tbag. Bring end game perks and catch them off guard.

• OldManGloom
    OldManGloom Member Posts: 51

As either role, I pray they don't DC after the first bad play. That DC seems to happen about 70% of the time.

Then again, the way I feel about most streamers is basically the same way I feel about some guy trying to push his demo CD on me in a parking lot - "Ew."

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    edited November 2019

From personal experience, I pretty much don’t care and just play. I myself stream this game sometimes, but since I stream on PS4 people probably won’t know I’m a streamer unless they go out of their way to check profiles or have already tuned into my stream because not only do I not have TTV in my name, but my PSN doesn’t even match my twitch name either. Haven’t played PC version since early 2018 I’m pretty sure, can’t really remember what happened when I played over there.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

I don't stream but apparently people know me from my Killer Creation posts/videos enough to harrass me after a game if I kill them. So, no, I don't do anything differently for streamers. I know what it's like to be treated worse simply because you do videos.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

I've had times when people have recognised me from the forums. Must be around 4 or 5 people who recognised me on Xbox and these forums. Generally they try to play well to almost show that they are worthy of discussing dbd seriously on here.

They always end up having terrible luck, like being camped really heavily or being downed with noed.

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309

When I see a streamer, I use my legitimate strategy once hooked. :]

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

I face camp and hump them. I wanna be famous in YouTube

• StrickxNyne
    StrickxNyne Member Posts: 230

Why play protect the president with only a streamer? Protect the president with your entire team and then they eventually do the same until everyone is finally helping each other and having fun lol

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I just play. Most of the ones I've come across are easy to catch. Every now and then I get a good one but its usually rare for me. I rarely use my mori just because the game ends too quick once that happens and as a survivor its not too fun. BUT when I do use them it goes either. They gen rush me so I use it right away, or I'm pushing their tush and they cant get more than a gen or two done so I use it when they're on last hook.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I don't even realize there's a streamer unless the streamer messages me "way to ruin a stream you (insert insult here)" or "21 people have seen how ######### you are" etc. after the match. I wonder how many streamers I've killed in the last 2 years. Then again who the hell streams on console anyways? Probably just a bunch of bored people with no viewers.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,951

I just play the game it's really sad how people purposely bring mori's for twitch.tvs not all of them are #########

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

I always try to look them up afterwards and watch the VOD, then you realise how much salt you're actually making. I was Legion and a TTV survivor was in the match, when I watched the VOD later he was swearing and calling me names with every hit or hook, yet when he was the last left he was begging for the hatch on his stream.

Last night I was survivor against a TTV Spirit, we all got away and watching his VOD has was really sweet guy, not sweaty at all.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

As a survivor, If I drop into a lobby with a person that has a "stream name" in their chat. I LEAVE the lobby. As I know that they have a high probability of being STREAM SNIPED.

As Killer. I CLOSE the lobby. I'm not being paid to promote their channel. It isn't my job to provide them content. Nor did I Sign a legally binding contract with them.

• LunarFace
    LunarFace Member Posts: 44

ttv's usually dc, so...